I have a 2004 Ranger 520vx for sale. I purchased a 2012 Skeeter ZX21 off of this site about a year ago. I thought about keeping the Ranger, but decided I need to sell it. I purchased the boat in 2010 from a buddy of mine who worked at a dealership in Austin. This boat is not in immaculate cosmetic condition. It has some nicks and scratches and could probably use a good wet sand and buff. But, you could pick it up and take to the lake today. The bench seat was recovered when I bought it, but one of the seems is pulling apart. The raised seats were not recovered. The main thing it needs right now is new carpet.
I'm just a weekend and holiday fisherman, so I don't get to fish as much as I would like. I haven't put that many hours on this boat over the 5 years I've owned it.
Evinrude 225 H.O. (I don't know the hours)
Compression (Just bought a new tester and tested this yesterday)
Minn Kota 101 Maxxum
Ranger 4 bank charger
Humminbird 898 C SI at the console (2D, GPS, Down, Side)
Lowrance HDS 7 at the bow (2d)
One new trailer tire this weekend
2 new batteries this weekend
Hot Foot thrown in (not installed)
Generic boat cover from BPS (used as a dust cover. blue and doesn't match)
A few additional issues:
1. Some cracks in the wood grain pieces.
2. I took one of the smaller plastic pieces and sanded the wood grain off. I painted it with a dark charcoal hammered metal paint. I think it looks good, but haven't done the rest of the pieces.
3. The keel guard is coming loose from the boat at the end toward the motor. It needs to be re-glued but doesn't cause any issues.
4. Trailer tires: 3 Good Year Marathon that came with the boat, one new Carlisle I put on this weekend. The spare is a Good Year Marathon that has a very small leak where a plug has been inserted.
5. There are a few chips out of the gel coat that are noticeable up close. Nothing major, but an imperfection none the less.
6. I think one of the hydraulic brakes has a leak because I've lost some brake fluid.
7. The g is missing from the Ranger letters on the right side. I have two brand new raised Ranger stickers to replace each side. I haven't put them on yet.
Here are a few pics:
Youtube Video: 2004 Ranger 520vx Inside the boat
I'm trying to get this sold without a lot of hassle. The boat is located in Texarkana, AR. I'm asking 13K for the boat
which should give you some extra money to add the goodies you want.