Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 1/24/16 to 2/1/16
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.

Marlin Action Still Slow!
Tuna 12 to 14 Miles Offshore!
Dorado Action Way Down!!
Water Temperature 71 to 74 Degrees!!
Weather is Great!
Lots of Tourists in Cabo!!
Were Waiting for the Yellowtail to Show!
JC,s Baja Vodka Punch Recipe Inside!!

2 Baja Shrimp Recipes Inside Far Out!!

JC Says: Fish Boy is a SPY and a Drunk!!
Chris Shouted: I Saw Fish Boy Going Through JC, s Papers!!
Fish Report Boy says: Me a SPY, There All Liars!!
JamieB says:Look, Fish Boy Drinks and Fishes Farm Ponds, Thats it!!
Darrel says: Fish Boy is a Liar, but SPY no!!
The Brits says: Fish Boy is the Winnie the POO of Cabo, Hes no James Bond!!

HEADLINES: February 1, 2016

Jc Charges fish report boy the editor with tampering with evidence and spying and vows revenge!! Jc the owner of Jc Sportfishing and the so called King of Big Game Sportfishing in Cabo has done it again and this time he might have taken things a little too far? Calling me, the editor of the fish report a Spy and told me I was trying to infiltrate his fishing kingdom and in his own words to me, Jc said, I will ship you back to Southern Missouri to fish for Bullheads if I have to. Ok Jc, prove Spying and tampering with evidence charges!!! Next week I will explain the charges Jc has levied against me!!! STAY TUNED?? For now lets get to the report!!

JC,s LEGEND and LIES will continue next week!!!

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.

WEATHER: It has been pretty darn nice here in Cabo over the last week with mostly sunny days and warm weather. I remembered last Sunday as I was writing the report it was raining, but really not the case this week it has been really nice all week. Most days highs are in the low to mid 80,s and lows from low 60,s to mid 60,s. I was driving along the coast yesterday going towards San Jose in the Cabo Real area and I looked out at the water and it was so calm and looked like a lake.

WATER: The water has really just started to change into cooler temperatures and we have some green water in the area and that isnt helping matters any.
This link which will show you water temperatures for the southern half of Baja. http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb

BILLFISH: Well, I hate to say it, but the fishing has been pretty slow over this past week with just a few Marlin off the light House on live bait. Most of the decent fishing has been on the Pacific side and we had to run like at least 15 to 35 miles north to get into some good action but even that was hit and miss. Not sure what to expect this coming week we are hoping it turns around.

DORADO: The water is still around 72 to 74 degrees so we are thinking it has to cool down a bit more for the Dorados to get back to normal. Pretty slow Dorado fishing and it is really spotty everywhere with nothing schooling up. The day we did run on our own Bob Marlin up the coast 35 miles by Cerritos area, we did catch 7 Dorado that day and 2 Wahoo. One of our buddies did run down to Gordo Banks but not much luck he only caught one little Dorado.

SWORDFISH: Hasn't heard of any caught this week.

WAHOO: Well, its been pretty slow over the last week for Wahoo. SO I really dont have much to report about it but I do wish I did.

TUNA: The fishing for Tuna has up one day and the next day way down, so really cant put our finger on it as to where they are and when. What we can say is that if you go looking for schools of porpise and watch the bird activity you might run into something a few miles off shore. There was a couple really nice Tuna caught this past week and one was 240lbs and the other was tipping the scales at 205lbs. We know there out there somewhere it is finding them which is the hard part. If you try using cedar plugs and king busters and head out of Cabo Bay and head to the Doughnut area you might run into some nice Tuna.

INSHORE: The best bet is for Sierras on striped bait and small rapalas. Sierra fishing inshore has even slowed this past week and we're hoping with the cooler weather that the Yellowtail show up soon. The Sierras have been landed using hootchies in front of the Solmar to the Light House. There has been some Red Snappers also in the Pedregal Rocks caught on live bait. Really most of our fishing this past week has been way up the Pacific about 12 to 35 miles.

From The Admirals Kitchen!
JC,s Baja Three-Chile-Dusted Shrimp
Toss fresh shrimp in a mixture of three types of chile powder, saute the shrimp, and serve over a veggie medley of corn, bell pepper, and onion for an easy weeknight dinner.
Ingrediants
3 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
2 teaspoons bottled minced ginger
1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 cup chopped green onions

Preparation
Combine 2 teaspoons sugar, chili powder, chile powders, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Add shrimp to spice mixture; toss well to coat.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup onion, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to pan; saut 3 minutes. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and corn to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in vinegar; cook 30 seconds. Transfer corn mixture to a bowl; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup green onions.
Wipe pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan; saut 3 minutes or until done, turning once. Serve with corn mixture.

JC,s Baja Garlic Shrimp!!
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients

2 tablespoons butter
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
8 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Directions
Melt the butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for about 4 minutes until almost fully cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a plate and tent it with foil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Stir in the wine and bring to boil, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Boil for 1 minute. Stir in the lime juice and parsley. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to coat with sauce and Continue to cook until the shrimp are fully cooked, about 1 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the shrimp to a serving platter and serve alone or with white rice, if desired.

JC,s Baja Vodka Punch!!
1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade
2 cups vodka
1 1⁄2 quarts 7-Up soda, chilled
Directions
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in punch bowl.
2. Slowly add 7-Up.
3. Add ice and serve.
4. Makes 28 (4 oz.) drinks.

BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ