Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11313949 12/31/15 03:47 PM
G
G Pope Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
Hey everyone. I got to spend yesterday on the water with James on my home lake and it was better than advertised. The weather was great for Dec 30 which was a plus!
I booked with James because I wanted to understand how to breakdown my lake, eliminate water and establish a pattern. This is an area I needed help with. Not just for my home lake but in general.

The previous posts are spot on.

He asks a lot of questions to understand how I think on the water. It was good to validate some of the things I was doing correctly and realize the other things I needed to erase from memory banks. I know have already increased my chances of catching more and bigger fish with the information James shared with me yesterday. James opened my eyes to new techniques and new locations I would have never considered before.

TLDR: James showed me how to fish with less guessing. Eliminate water and fish higher percentage spots considering the features of the lake. And a few new "rigs" I had refused to try in the past.

Last edited by G Pope; 12/31/15 03:51 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11319157 01/03/16 03:17 AM
mthackerson Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I spent New Years Day on the water with James. What a great trip, it wasn't about the number of fish we caught this was a true educational experience that I know will improve my fishing for years to come. James's approach to teaching you what to look for on the water and how to pattern fish is unlike other guide trips I've taken. I wanted to learn more about the lake and learn new techniques and James delivered. Do yourself a favor and book a trip with James.

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: TexasMo] #11323278 01/05/16 02:32 AM
mthackerson Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted By: TexasMo
James is good peeps!

Mo

cheers

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11330125 01/08/16 12:03 AM
J
Jusbassin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Spent the day on the water with James Biggs. Can't say enough about this instructional class.
Like posted before me ,do yourself a favor and BOOK him. Thanks James , looking forward to the next trip.

Jim

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11333861 01/09/16 06:39 PM
J
Jeff Morrison Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I just finished my second trip with James and it was everything I hoped it would be. Conditions were really tough but we still boated some quality bass. I wanted to step outside my comfort zone and work on new techniques. He showed me how to pattern fish even under adverse conditions. I would have had little success on my own under these conditions.I feel confident I will have a better chance on my own the next trip out. I was impressed with his skills to say the least, I can't wait for trip #3.
Thanks Jeff

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11337401 01/11/16 03:17 AM
B
brewski Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I am a couple days late in posting this but I went with James this past Saturday to a cold water lake in east texas. water temps ranged from 51 to 55 and James was able to pick up on a reliable pattern within the morning. This was an especially tough day for me because I was right in the middle of a full blown cold which I was feeling pretty tough as a result. James worked hard to keep the day fun and interesting and answered all my questions about seasonable patterns, bait options, water conditions, and we broke down the lake based on what he was able to learn in just a short time period. He evaluated water temp, water clarity, bait fish activity, and put together a nice pattern for the lake that as reproducible across the lake. He talked a lot about letting the fish tell him what was going on based on how the fish were biting and reacting. This trip was very enjoyable and well worth it!!! I hope to go again with him in the future.

randy

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11346585 01/15/16 12:06 AM
L
LoneStarV Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
L
I spent a day with James this past week and we had a great trip. James taught me a new technique that I have over looked for a long time and it was very successful. He also showed me things that would have taken me a long time to figure out on my own. James answered all of my questions and provided me with a plethora of tips that I can take with me everywhere I fish. I am very pleased with the trip overall and will definitely look to book another trip soon! Thank you James!

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11370388 01/26/16 03:41 AM
G
gatoreyes Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Ok, Saturday was my turn and we fished Squaw Creek. Rick at Anglers Pro Tackle had suggested James after I told him I needed help bad. This was supposed to be an educational trip - I wanted to learn to fish offshore structure, drop shotting and fishing a squarebill. I did learn a ton, but in addition, we absolutely whacked the big girls. No kidding, our top five was around 26 lbs! James did call it an exceptional day. One interesting point was how quickly James decided what lures not to use that day. My biggest takeaway was learning about suspended bass and how to go after them, even with a squarebill in deeper water. We ended the day with a tour around the lake with James pointing out places for me to try on my own. It was a great experience and I certainly plan to go again on another lake. Thanks James!

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: gatoreyes] #11370467 01/26/16 04:06 AM
PEDRO H. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: gatoreyes
Ok, Saturday was my turn and we fished Squaw Creek. Rick at Anglers Pro Tackle had suggested James after I told him I needed help bad. This was supposed to be an educational trip - I wanted to learn to fish offshore structure, drop shotting and fishing a squarebill. I did learn a ton, but in addition, we absolutely whacked the big girls. No kidding, our top five was around 26 lbs! James did call it an exceptional day. One interesting point was how quickly James decided what lures not to use that day. My biggest takeaway was learning about suspended bass and how to go after them, even with a squarebill in deeper water. We ended the day with a tour around the lake with James pointing out places for me to try on my own. It was a great experience and I certainly plan to go again on another lake. Thanks James!
I think I remember seeing y'all. He's a good dude!

Pete B. Hernandez
Matthew 4:19

www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11431829 02/23/16 12:56 AM
JPeel Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
I got the chance to fish with Mr Biggs on Squaw Creek last Friday. It was a test for both of us to see if my favorite techniques with large swimbaits would produce as well or better than "normal" baits. Three casts into the morning I was already behind by 6lbs, and by the time I gave up on trying to convince those fish that my baits were better for them, James had already boated another 3 fish and was already pushing 20lbs. His knowledge of the lake and understanding the way the fish were setup on the structure was incredible. Everywhere we stopped he put on a clinic of how to fish finesse baits. Even his Carolina rig was finesse compared to what I'm used to. I finally gave into the temptations and proceeded to join him in the catching.

I've known James for several years but we never had the chance to fish together before now. He is truly a very talented fisherman, and a genuinely friendly guy. If you are looking to improve any aspect of fishing I would definitely recommend hiring him for an educational trip.

If you don't learn something from him on your trip, maybe bass fishing just isn't your thing!

the fisherman formerly known as Blu-Ranger....
Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11432901 02/23/16 03:16 PM
James Biggs Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
JPeel,
We learned that the ol Squaw Creek fish wouldn't eat the big swimbait too well. I'm guessing fishing pressure has a lot to do with that.

I'm now booking May for those of you interested in an instructional trip.

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11433908 02/23/16 09:36 PM
S
swimjigin Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I sent you an email James

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11462148 03/08/16 01:23 AM
Nissen2000 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Great day on the water with James Biggs on Saturday! We spent the day on Squaw Creek, learned a lot and managed to tie a PB and smash a PB, with a 6, 7, and 8 in a short amount of time. James was a great teacher and took the time to go over the where and why's of structure fishing. Thank you James!

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11522652 04/05/16 12:38 PM
S
Scott-12 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I went out with James last week and it was awesome. I wanted to learn how to break down a lake to eliminate unproductive water and put a pattern together. James made it very easy to understand.

I was curious to see how he would put a pattern together for the day as it was windy and rainy. The temperature had dropped 18 degrees from the day before. We pulled up to the first spot and caught around 15, second spot 5. Then James wanted to try another technique. Made a run and James had 5 quality bites there. It was amazing to see a pro at work.

We ended the day with around 30 fish. Most people we talked to had caught between 0-6 and we spent just as much time talking and driving as we did fishing. If you're thinking about doing this DO IT.

Re: Thank You James Biggs! [Re: DedShort] #11522788 04/05/16 02:06 PM
J
JBT84 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
my fishing partner and I had the pleasure of fishing with James this past week at an east Texas lake that has frustrated us many times in the past - after reading through these posts my expectations were pretty high and he did not fail to deliver, we were very impressed and learned a ton! (and also caught more fish on that lake in a short amount of time than we ever have) after taking the time to understand what we wanted to get out of the day over the phone James spent some time in the morning going over different rigs, simplifying our arsenal, and general strategy for covering water and finding fish quickly which were all things we had asked him to help us better understand. We then headed out to the first spot (about 5 seconds from the boat ramp) where we caught the first 6 fish of the day in under 45 min (I could still see our truck and trailer) - nothing like catching fish to reinforce the education he had just given us! In addition to learning several new techniques, presentation styles, and ways to identify high percentage areas to target fish James shared a wealth of general fishing knowledge and was genuinely fun to be around - I would highly recommend his services and as many here have said if you are thinking about it go ahead book him! It is a truly unique service and much different than any experience I have had with a traditional guide (I have been out with a number of local Fork guides and while all were top notch and put us on fish this is just a different kind of trip that will leave you feeling confident of putting fish in your boat when you are on your own). I will be heading out with him again to my local lake (Lewisville) at the end of April

Last edited by JBT84; 04/05/16 02:12 PM.
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide