Forums59
Topics1,037,310
Posts13,926,047
Members144,132
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass_Fanatic] #11353048 01/18/16 02:05 PM
N
Nutman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Bass_Fanatic
Originally Posted By: Flooringit
Originally Posted By: BRTJr22
This was my first time to fish a tournament and I had a great time. It was an experience like no other!! I will say this though, and it is no reflection on Bass Champs because they put on one heck of a tourney, but there were some very inconsiderate boaters out there. From running into your boat before take off, cutting you off on the lake, to blocking you at the ramp when you're trying to load. I was shocked!

I couldn't count how many guys cut me off. I was surprised at the fact rules flat out said no guides, no pros and you see trucks in the parking lot with there trailer hooked up with there advertising on the side of the truck. The. You seen 100 wrapped boats with advertisers all over on them. Guess they were advertising for free.

Just because someone has a wrapped boat doesn't mean they are a pro. Definition of a pro is someone that has fished in a tournament with a $1500 or larger entry fee in the past year if I remember correctly. And guides can fish, they just can't guide on that lake for a 15 day period leading up to the tournament. And the way I see it, if I want to be the best, I have to beat the best. Tournament fishing is me vs the fish, no matter who is entered in the tournament.

The PRO--GUIDE thing doesn't bother me any,,,,,,,fish can be caught by anyone & the Bass Champs staff knows what they are doing.
BUT
the cut-offs and the inconsiderate guys loading or un-loading at the ramp is something that can be very annoying. Seeing as how nothing can be done and they know it makes it that much worse,,,,,,but an a$$ will be an a$$ no matter where or when. Although nothing can be done,,,,,something should always be said. Even at the best run events the TD cannot control everyone. Bass Champs does a great job and with 300+ boats you will get a few that think they can do whatever.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Flooringit] #11353111 01/18/16 02:43 PM
N
Neches Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
N
This was my first time to fish a tournament and I had a great time. It was an experience like no other!! I will say this though, and it is no reflection on Bass Champs because they put on one heck of a tourney, but there were some very inconsiderate boaters out there. From running into your boat before take off, cutting you off on the lake, to blocking you at the ramp when you're trying to load. I was shocked!

You seen 100 wrapped boats with advertisers all over on them. Guess they were advertising for free.

Yep or for almost nothing? They just want people to think they are a pro.

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11353427 01/18/16 05:15 PM
F
Flooringit Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Who won the 500$ drawing?

2013 Phoenix 920xp
Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11353843 01/18/16 08:05 PM
j_dean99 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
KEITH JENSCHKE
NATCHITOCHES , LA JOHN HRAPMANN
NATCHITOCHES , LA 0 0 0.00
$500 Conservation Bonus

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11353865 01/18/16 08:11 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Nothing new here to see, its Rayburn.

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11353903 01/18/16 08:24 PM
S
skeeterbugzx300 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
man some of these guys can flat out catch them, its like someone else said, if you want to be the best you have to fish against the best.

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Nutman] #11354524 01/19/16 12:56 AM
A
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Originally Posted By: Nutman
Originally Posted By: Bass_Fanatic

I couldn't count how many guys cut me off. I was surprised at the fact rules flat out said no guides, no pros and you see trucks in the parking lot with there trailer hooked up with there advertising on the side of the truck. The. You seen 100 wrapped boats with advertisers all over on them. Guess they were advertising for free.

Just because someone has a wrapped boat doesn't mean they are a pro. Definition of a pro is someone that has fished in a tournament with a $1500 or larger entry fee in the past year if I remember correctly. And guides can fish, they just can't guide on that lake for a 15 day period leading up to the tournament. And the way I see it, if I want to be the best, I have to beat the best. Tournament fishing is me vs the fish, no matter who is entered in the tournament.

The PRO--GUIDE thing doesn't bother me any,,,,,,,fish can be caught by anyone & the Bass Champs staff knows what they are doing.
BUT
the cut-offs and the inconsiderate guys loading or un-loading at the ramp is something that can be very annoying. Seeing as how nothing can be done and they know it makes it that much worse,,,,,,but an a$$ will be an a$$ no matter where or when. Although nothing can be done,,,,,something should always be said. Even at the best run events the TD cannot control everyone. Bass Champs does a great job and with 300+ boats you will get a few that think they can do whatever.

I had zero issues with boating. Everyone used the Tdocks with respect dropping and picking up partners. No one sat in the way. Everyone poled down on the banks and stayed out of the way until they got closer to their number. It was very organized!

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11354758 01/19/16 02:15 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
I guess we missed all the drama that some had. We got to the pavilion, launched the boat, beached the boat, parked the truck and registered that morning. No lines really despite not getting there super early. Even though we were boat 264 we got to an area and started fishing. We fished all day without a single boat coming anywhere near us. Got bit all day long. Never got cut off, never got crowded and had a great time. Came in for weigh in and again no lines or waiting at all. Plenty of room to beach the boat. There was a slight wait to get on the ramp to load out but then again there was over 300 teams trying to use 4 ramps in the rain. A slight delay was well within normal standards in that situation.
At launch and ay loading everyone was super friendly and laid back. Not sure why some had issues as it was one of the more enjoyable tournaments I have fished in. Never felt rushed or anything. Even waiting to load was not bad. Was in a warm truck out of the rain and listened to the football game.
Good times for us and look forward to Toledo Bend.

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Andrew Y'Barbo] #11354764 01/19/16 02:16 AM
Danny L. Weems Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Same here. We put in at 5:30 and everyone was very courteous and orderly.
No problems at all throughout the day on the water either.
Now the fish on the other hand did not cooperate with us and we're not where they were supposed to be!

Overall it was just like the other Champs events that I've fished, a well ran tournament.

Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11354804 01/19/16 02:27 AM
J
J.M.S Offline
Angler
Angler
J
This was my first time to fish a large tournament and I was impressed with how smoothly everything went. I fished it with my 12 year old son and had some concern about loading and unloading by myself but both were uneventful. I just did not want to inconvenience anyone but I feel like it went well. I launched early and was boat 218 so we waited but got to meet some good people and talk fishing so the wait wasn't too bad. As far as getting cut off or having any problems, I didn't have any or see anyone have any issue. Overall, we had an excellent time and can't wait till next month.

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11354877 01/19/16 02:50 AM
B
Bass_Fanatic Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
B
Same here. We had no problems at the ramp or on the lake. I fished some areas around quite a few boats, But everyone was courteous and never moved in too close. When there are that many people on the water, sharing water is to be expected, just do so with respect for those around you. My dad launched me at 5:30 and then slept in the truck until 6:30 roflmao

Josh Sikes
Bent Rods Guide Service
Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11354901 01/19/16 02:57 AM
J
John Anderson Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
No issues here. We registered that morning and came out of Pavillion area. There was a line about 20 trucks deep outside the public ramp. I asked my partner if we should go down and turn around but we decided to give it a shot. Put blinker on and next guy in line waved us on... we had a conversation while waiting to unload boat the world needs more bass fisherman.

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Mark Perry] #11354938 01/19/16 03:12 AM
D
Dubee Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
I guess we missed all the drama that some had. We got to the pavilion, launched the boat, beached the boat, parked the truck and registered that morning. No lines really despite not getting there super early. Even though we were boat 264 we got to an area and started fishing. We fished all day without a single boat coming anywhere near us. Got bit all day long. Never got cut off, never got crowded and had a great time. Came in for weigh in and again no lines or waiting at all. Plenty of room to beach the boat. There was a slight wait to get on the ramp to load out but then again there was over 300 teams trying to use 4 ramps in the rain. A slight delay was well within normal standards in that situation.
At launch and ay loading everyone was super friendly and laid back. Not sure why some had issues as it was one of the more enjoyable tournaments I have fished in. Never felt rushed or anything. Even waiting to load was not bad. Was in a warm truck out of the rain and listened to the football game.
Good times for us and look forward to Toledo Bend.

I believe this more than some comments. Some people look for a reason to whine.

Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11355041 01/19/16 04:09 AM
F
Flooringit Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
I had no problems at the ramp. Other then the line Being long but there was 300 boats. . I learned a lesson on that. But I could be fishing a ditch or ridge and someone would come in front of me taking up the rest of my spot is all. I just moved. It happened 3 times. I drove 7.5 hours each way only fished the lake one other time. I expected to loose. I didn't expect how bad I would actually do. Lake knowledge is key. I'm guessing the majority of the fish were caught south end of the lake. I think overall I seen 8 or so fish caught and seemed like there was never less then 5 boats around.

2013 Phoenix 920xp
Re: Bass Champs Rayburn Results now posted [Re: Bass Champs Staff] #11355054 01/19/16 04:24 AM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
No problems for us, we drew a high number so we launched at twin dikes at 7am and idled over to avoid the public launch cluster. Very smooth tournament

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide