Print Thread
Bryan/College Station Fishing Spots #11343708 01/13/16 07:11 PM
T
twstephens77 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
As an avid bass fisherman in the BCS area, I often talk to people around here who express interest in fishing but don't know where to go. So I made a simple little map of all my favorite spots in/close to town...all I ask is that you be respectful of each place, clean up after yourself, and practice catch-and-release to keep these spots producing. Here's the pic and a little bit about each location:

A) Supervisor told me about this one. Pretty deep in the middle, several nice-sized fish in here (3-4lbs). Pretty sure it's public land and have talked to other people who fish it regularly, so perfectly legal as far as I can tell.
B) Sam's Club pond - never had any luck out here myself, but others I've talked to swear there are fish in here. Looks like a great pond, bank access is just limited. Want to get my yak on it at some point...
C) Target pond - Been here a few times. Lots of small bass and cats, big pond, pretty deep toward the dam. Nothing of real size in here I don't think but fun nonetheless. Usually people out here fishing.
D) This one is one of my favorites...thought about leaving it off the list intentionally wink looked it up and it's TECHNICALLY owned by Traditions Country Club, but there are no signs, no fence, no purple paint...nothing. So until you're asked to leave the first time (I've never been bothered) then it's legal to fish. Can be tough to fish but there are some NICE fish in here if you can coax them into biting.
E) Research Park - another one of my favorites, but gotta be careful here. Park on Research Parkway right next to University, in between the 2nd and 3rd ponds (from the north). The northernmost 4 ponds do not have signs so again, until you are asked to leave it is legal. I got asked to leave once by UPD but he was really cool about it (since there is no signage) and have only been back once (got brave one day). Other people might still get a kick out of it though. Might I recommend the bridge between the 3rd and 4th ponds...
F) Walden Pond - apartment complex pond at the end of Corregidor Street. Nothing really huge in here, but some decent ones and one of the surest places to catch a fish in town. They really like small squarebills and T-Rigs.
G) Golf course pond - Only fished this once but other people swear by it...say you can catch a lot of small/medium fish here. I always recommend catch-and-release to protect the sport, but ESPECIALLY here...I've heard rumors of high arsenic levels in the water so fish consumption probably isn't smart.
H) Central Park - I hate this place but had to include it. Too many people and very overfished...but I'm sure there are some in here. Plus they stock it with trout in winter so that's a plus.
I) Gibbons Creek Reservoir (far right of map) - only open Friday - Sunday, but one of my favorite places. Kind of need some sort of boat as bank access is limited, but if you have one this place is a lot of fun. Can be tough to fish but it's beautiful, relatively unknown and quiet, and CAN be lights out if you hold your tongue right. Power plant lake so water is warmer than usual year round. Fish like to sit really shallow much of the time - I have a lot of luck with frogs on the pads and with cranks/spinners. Drifting for cats can be an absolute blast here too.

Hope this helps some people in the area get out and fish. Again, please be respectful of these places and keep them productive for others as well.

"You can�t get second things by putting them first; you can get second things only by putting first things first."
- C.S. Lewis
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bryan/College Station Fishing Spots [Re: twstephens77] #11344543 01/14/16 01:56 AM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Is that golf course pond briercrest? If so it has so great size fish but I literally went fish less out there all spring of last year when I lived in cstat. But last summer I caught 3 over 5lbs out of it

Re: Bryan/College Station Fishing Spots [Re: twstephens77] #11344721 01/14/16 03:03 AM
S
SuperSpookJr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
The bass on Gibbons Creek are FIESTY! They fight about like fish a pound or two heavier than they actually are. That's a great reservoir and I'm looking forward to the day when I fish it again.

-SSJr

Last edited by SuperSpookJr; 01/14/16 03:04 AM.
Re: Bryan/College Station Fishing Spots [Re: twstephens77] #11344941 01/14/16 04:46 AM
T
twstephens77 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
T
Jake - No, the golf course in my map is not Briarcrest, I believe it's called Bryan Municipal...Briarcrest is further to the northeast. But I just looked up Briarcrest Country Club and there are ponds there...are you saying they're available to fish?

SuperSpookJr - I think the same thing every time I catch one at Gibbons hahaha..."THIS ONE IS GONNA BE HUGE!!!".....ends up being a 2 pounder.

"You can�t get second things by putting them first; you can get second things only by putting first things first."
- C.S. Lewis
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide