Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report #11301733 12/24/15 05:39 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
The calendar says we have moved from Fall to Winter so we'll start a thread that we'll update periodically over the next couple of months! First of all....MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! balloons I was able to fish Monday thru Wednesday this week with regular Customers who really enjoyed the Spring Like Weather in December. Monday was an AWESOME day with nice cloud cover, a mild breeze and warm temps. The Catfish loved it as Dad "Brent" and 12 year Old Son "Hunter" limited on Channel and Blues and Case had his biggest fish ever....an estimated 25 lb. Blue that was CPR'rd (Caught, Pictured and Released)! Tuesday and Wednesday the action was fair as we had 35-40 Keepers each outing for the Customers! All fish caught over "Baited Holes" on Danny Kings Blood Punch Bait on a # 4 Treble Hook in 15-20 FOW.

We have OPENINGS the week after Christmas and have our "WINTER SPECIAL RATE OFFER" in effect thru February. Check us out at www.gonefishin.biz and give us a call at 903-389-4117 or Cell 469-371-5197.

Last edited by Gone Fishin'; 12/24/15 05:40 PM.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
Gone Fishin' Guide Service
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11315834 01/01/16 01:59 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
The week between Christmas and New Years was supposed to be a busy one for Adam and me, but Mother Nature had other ideas. The early week rain and cold and then the mid to late week WINDS caused us to cancel three trips and are hoping we get Saturday's trip in!!! bang RC was up 1 1/2 feet above Pool Level early on but with 24 of 24 Spillway Gates open a couple of days, it's back down to near Pool Level on Friday AM. Water is very muddy and appears the Lake will stay this way for some time since there is a lot of water yet to come in the Lakes & Creeks that feed RC. We'll be back on the Catfish everyday that weather allows as they will be very active all Winter!!! No new pics except the Spillway this week so we thought we'd show you some of the Big Ones from last JANUARY AND FEBRUARY!!! bannana2 Remember that we have a "WINTER SPECIAL" RATE from now thru February and we fish everyday except for Sunday! Give us a call @ 469-371-5197 for details and We'll Go Fishin'!

Last edited by Gone Fishin'; 01/01/16 02:02 PM.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11319728 01/03/16 02:06 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Wind layed enough on Saturday to conduct a trip as a Family from Houston joined us for some Wintertime Catfishing! I had the Gals in my boat and we had 47 Keepers with most being Channels but also a couple of BIG BLUES! We beat the Guys!!! thumb

All fish caught over baited holes on Danny Kings Blood Punch Bait fishing in water from 6' to 20'. We fished from 10AM to 2PM.

Check us out at www.gonefishin.biz and we have a "WINTER SPECIAL OFFER" in January and February! Let's go Fishin'!

Last edited by Gone Fishin'; 01/03/16 02:07 PM.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11324453 01/05/16 05:44 PM
L
Luke57 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
L
Nice fish

Save our planet it's the only one with beer
ESTO VIR
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Luke57] #11335785 01/10/16 02:22 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Not much to report from RC this week as I fished a little on Thursday after "baiting some holes" for Friday's trip. (See Fishing Cleaning Table pics from a couple of hours fishing on Thursday...Some really nice Blues and a couple of Channels!) Friday's Trip was slow with only about 25 Keeper Fish and a couple of Big Ol' Buffalo! lizard We cancelled both our trips on Saturday due to the strong North Winds which would have made for an unsafe trip on RC! The other pic is from one year ago today as I looked back to see what was happening in January, 2015. RC is just full of Catfish!!!! breakdance

WINTER SPECIAL OFFER is good thru February! Three fishermen fish at the two person rate! Give us a call @ 469-371-5197 and We'll Go Catchin'!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11351396 01/17/16 02:31 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
The bite is still on at RC with the Blue Cats starting to show up with a little more regularity. Normally, January and February is when we'll catch our bigger fish. The Channel Cat bite sometimes slows but the Blues make up for it. You really have to pick your days to fish as the strong Cold Fronts will bring in a North/Northwest Wind at 20 plus MPH and RC is too tough to fish on days like that. You can almost always fish a South Shoreline Cove in South Winds 20 MPH and more. The absolute BEST BET is a South Shoreline on a 5-10 MPH North Wind day. The bait and fish are really stacked there if you get Lucky!!! bouncy

Our WINTER SPECIAL RATE is in effect thru February! We specialize in FAMILY FISHING FUN and cater to Kiddos!!!Give us a call and Let's Go Fishin'!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11381196 01/31/16 12:33 AM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Wish there was a better Report to give but haven't been fishing much due to Cold, then North Wind and now a pretty strong South Wind the past two days. I did bait some holes and fished a bit on Thursday Afternoon and caught a really nice box of Blues and Channels. Then I had trips on Friday and Saturday and while the Customers and I enjoyed the warm Spring like temp & had a nice day on the water, the fish were just not very cooperative. The twosome on Friday managed 28 Keepers. Saturday's Crew of a Dad and twin 11 year Old Boys kept 26 and threw back about that many. We had to fish the South Shoreline to avoid the 20 Plus MPH South Wind both days and used DK's Blood Punch Bait to catch all our fish. We fished shallow, mid range and water as deep as 30' and most of the better fish came in 20' water around timber. food Good News is that there were more than enough for a Fish Fry!

Still have our WINTER SPECIAL RATE thru February. Check us out at www.gonefishin.biz . Give us a call for a report or trip and have a great day!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11388754 02/03/16 04:43 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Had a nice Springlike day on Monday and two of the Locals and their Dallas Guests joined me for a late morning/early afternoon of Catchin'! The majority of the 54 Keepers were Channels and we had a few Blues. Bite was soft and all fish were caught on DK's Blood Punch Bait in 22' FOW near a Channel and Timber.

Looks like Friday and Saturday of this week are fishable with temps near 60 degrees and a South Wind. We have a boat open and our "WINTER SPECIAL" rate where 3 Persons fish at the 2 Person rate is in effect thru February. Give us a call and Let's Go Fishin'!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11391032 02/04/16 02:02 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
TTT

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11408816 02/12/16 02:25 AM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
After not fishing for several days, made it out for a midmorning trip with Fellow Guide David Bristow. Didn't have any "baited holes" to fish as I hadn't been on the Lake since last week. Found the best concentration of fish (mainly Channels) in a tributary creek in 20' FOW hanging right on the edge of the creek channel. Surprising that the 52 degree water moved all the way to 56.5 degrees by the time we got off the Lake around 2:30PM. Not sure how many we caught, but kept 30 fish and my half ended up as dinner! food

Still have our "WINTER SPECIAL" in effect thru February! Three fishermen fish at the two person rate! Everything provided and fish cleaned/bagged! Give us a call and Let's Go Fishin'!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11409922 02/12/16 05:05 PM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Royce,

Have you tried any white bass fishing lately? Looks like we have some warm temps on the horizon. Night time temps in upper 40's to low 50's and sunny days usually does the trick.

Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #11410190 02/12/16 07:28 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
There were three or four of the Guides out in the past week looking around, fishing a bit and trying to find a White Bass. Not a fish to be found or caught. Last year it was the first week in April when the fish showed up, but I'm betting it will be March this year if the warm weather hold up. The Creek flow has shut off with Navarro Mills and Bardwell back to normal level. Don't imagine the fish would have spawned yet, but never know. May have a Main Lake spawn if we don't get measurable rain and the creeks rise again in the next few weeks.

Good Luck!

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11412365 02/14/16 12:07 AM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Thanks for the report. It really blows my mind how different RC fishes than Cedar Creek or even palestine during the fall and winter.

Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Tx Tree Grower] #11413496 02/14/16 05:27 PM
Gone Fishin' Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Up till 2 years ago, RC had some of the absolute BEST White Bass and Hybrid Winter fishing around. I had caught Winter Whites since 1994 when I started fishing the Lake. None of the Guides or Regulars have figured it out as you can't find a fish on the Main Lake or Creeks. Obviously they're somewhere as they will show in the next month and we'll be back to Limits thru the Spring and Summer. I think the 5 year drought and lack of quality spawns have hurt the Whites, but no explanation for the Hybrids???

Here's a pic from December three years ago!!!

Last edited by Gone Fishin'; 02/14/16 05:29 PM.

Thanks,
Royce & Adam Simmons
www.gonefishin.biz

[Linked Image]
Re: Richland Chambers Winter Fishing Report [Re: Gone Fishin'] #11414505 02/15/16 05:00 AM
T
Tx Tree Grower Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Completely agree. The only answer is that it's a big lake and the fish numbers are way down from what they were some years ago. Less fish in a lot of water. Just makes them harder to catch. As for hybrids the yearly stocking has been great but, again it's a big lake and the number of hybrids stocked given the size of the lake is pretty low. I always look forward to spring and summer when they group up. Sure would be nice if we could raise some funds to do some additional hybrid stocking. Unfortunately, I just don't think the local support for such an undertaking is there. The good news is last yr was a great spawn for the white bass. Hopefully this year will be as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide