Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323520 01/05/16 03:47 AM
Team Skeeterless Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I don't own one but seen how Legend treats people like Toad as a second owner and besides the fact they are the best looking boat around and very well built their service beyond initial owner being awesome Legend will be my first choice if and when I ever get another boat.

Nick Larsen
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323529 01/05/16 03:49 AM
F
FairywandCole Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
I am by no means being sarcastic. Everyone on here wants to run down Nitro all the time. Why don't we ever read about their boats breaking like we do all these other brands? Nitro doesn't have a huge price increase over the last few years so everyone thinks they are junk. Kevin Vandam wouldn't be driving a nitro if he didnt think it was the best boat. period.

"Full Tourney Load" -Steve
Re: Quality boats [Re: FairywandCole] #11323571 01/05/16 04:03 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: FairywandCole
I am by no means being sarcastic. Everyone on here wants to run down Nitro all the time. Why don't we ever read about their boats breaking like we do all these other brands? Nitro doesn't have a huge price increase over the last few years so everyone thinks they are junk. Kevin Vandam wouldn't be driving a nitro if he didnt think it was the best boat. period.

Thanks for your input brother. No-one discusses Nitro breaking because if we did, it's all we would talk about. They are an inferior boat from a craftsmanship standpoint. I have owned one, so I speak from experience.

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323575 01/05/16 04:06 AM
M
Madman Phoenix Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Legend,Phoenix, and BASS Cat are really considered custom built boats. Not like Ranger, Skeeter, Nitro, etc. Not knocking any of these boats by any means. Just saying that there are boat boulders and there are custom boat boulders. The custom builders build fewer boats a year so to me they take more time in the building process of all the boats they build. I had 1 1/2 year old Stratos and hated it so I looked at Ranger, Legend and decided on a Phoenix because of CS , ride,and fit and finish. Lot's of Rangers, Legends,and Skeeters out there for sure. And I will bet there is going to be a lot more Phoenix's before you know it.

What do you throw next
2015 Phoenix 919 PRO XP
Upgraded to 2 Helix 10 Mega units
Upgraded to an Ultrex
Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323578 01/05/16 04:06 AM
F
FairywandCole Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

Thanks for your input brother. No-one discusses Nitro breaking because if we did, it's all we would talk about. They are an inferior boat from a craftsmanship standpoint. I have owned one, so I speak from experience.

I totally agree. glad we are on the same page.

"Full Tourney Load" -Steve
Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323633 01/05/16 04:31 AM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I'll share my dad's experience with BassCat. Long story, but this is what you asked for. My dad bought a brand new but basic Pantera Classic, nothing fancy, in the early 2000's. Only issue he had with it was the digital touch pad glitching a bit when it got wet. About 3 or 4 years after he bought it, he was on Bob Sandlin and thought he heard cracking when he got stuck on a stump while fishing. Didn't think much of it and kept fishing. He ran to a couple other spots and several hours after he heard the cracking the auto bilge pump turned on and kept running. He headed to the ramp and got it on the trailer to find a 3 ft long gaping hole in the hull. Took it to the dealer he bought it from for the repairs and the head mechanic told him that he believed a stringer was missing where the hole was. He said he would ship it to BassCat on the dealer's dime for inspection. About a week later, Pierce calls my dad at home and tells him that there was indeed a stringer missing in the hull and that they would replace the boat free of charge including any options that my dad wanted. The first thing he asked for was a double-thick hull (he fishes Wright Patman, the Pines, Millwood, other assorted stumpholes, etc). Pierce assured him that it would not be necessary and that he would walk the boat down the assembly line personally to ensure it is perfect. Dad said that he appreciated the guesture but he wanted a double hull. So Pierce said OK, what else? Two or three weeks later, the new cat was delivered fully rigged and he still has it to this day. He acknowledged that he absolutely hit something, which the company could have easily used as an excuse to explain the damage and refused to cover repairs/replacement. But BassCat took responsibility for the faulty hull, and said that it failed because of the defect and made it right for my dad. For that reason, I am and will run a BassCat for as long as they are in business.

Scott Jones
Re: Quality boats [Re: Outdoordude] #11323640 01/05/16 04:34 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude
I'll share my dad's experience with BassCat. Long story, but this is what you asked for. My dad bought a brand new but basic Pantera Classic, nothing fancy, in the early 2000's. Only issue he had with it was the digital touch pad glitching a bit when it got wet. About 3 or 4 years after he bought it, he was on Bob Sandlin and thought he heard cracking when he got stuck on a stump while fishing. Didn't think much of it and kept fishing. He ran to a couple other spots and several hours after he heard the cracking the auto bilge pump turned on and kept running. He headed to the ramp and got it on the trailer to find a 3 ft long gaping hole in the hull. Took it to the dealer he bought it from for the repairs and the head mechanic told him that he believed a stringer was missing where the hole was. He said he would ship it to BassCat on the dealer's dime for inspection. About a week later, Pierce calls my dad at home and tells him that there was indeed a stringer missing in the hull and that they would replace the boat free of charge including any options that my dad wanted. The first thing he asked for was a double-thick hull (he fishes Wright Patman, the Pines, Millwood, other assorted stumpholes, etc). Pierce assured him that it would not be necessary and that he would walk the boat down the assembly line personally to ensure it is perfect. Dad said that he appreciated the guesture but he wanted a double hull. So Pierce said OK, what else? Two or three weeks later, the new cat was delivered fully rigged and he still has it to this day. He acknowledged that he absolutely hit something, which the company could have easily used as an excuse to explain the damage and refused to cover repairs/replacement. But BassCat took responsibility for the faulty hull, and said that it failed because of the defect and made it right for damage. For that reason, I am and will run a BassCat for as long as they are in business.

That's powerful and mirrors everything I have read about BCB

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Quality boats [Re: FairywandCole] #11323670 01/05/16 04:50 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B

I have nothing against Nitro. If I was buying new, I'd be looking at Nitro. I wouldn't consider buying one because of Vandam who drives it because they gave him the best sponsorship contract. You'll almost never see the Pros boats breaking because they have a team to keep them maintained otherwise their sponsorship $ would be wasted advertising. Not to mention they can run the [censored] out of them because they only have to last a year and if something starts to fail, they'll have it repaired overnight.

Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323737 01/05/16 05:42 AM
P
Phoenix 920 Pro xp Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Go look all of them over and test drive each one.

But I would say phoenix, ranger,bass cat and legend have the best fit and finish I've seen

Re: Quality boats [Re: Dax Davis] #11323756 01/05/16 06:07 AM
crankbait745 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Dax Davis
Quality is Legend!!!! Come to the legend tournament at fork this year an see for yourself how they take care of there legend owners!
I currently have a legend that I bought in 08. Had to take it back to the factory and after that , I will be switching brands. Definitely not the best customer service unless you are a big name in the fishing industry, which I am not. I am just the everyday fisherman. Good luck with your decision. My next boat will be a phoenix or ranger.

Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323941 01/05/16 01:51 PM
Amac88 Offline
Angler
Angler
Phoenix and Shipp's Marine hands down. Also, Phoenix just gained another great angler in Randall Tharp.

Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323957 01/05/16 01:57 PM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude
I'll share my dad's experience with BassCat. Long story, but this is what you asked for. My dad bought a brand new but basic Pantera Classic, nothing fancy, in the early 2000's. Only issue he had with it was the digital touch pad glitching a bit when it got wet. About 3 or 4 years after he bought it, he was on Bob Sandlin and thought he heard cracking when he got stuck on a stump while fishing. Didn't think much of it and kept fishing. He ran to a couple other spots and several hours after he heard the cracking the auto bilge pump turned on and kept running. He headed to the ramp and got it on the trailer to find a 3 ft long gaping hole in the hull. Took it to the dealer he bought it from for the repairs and the head mechanic told him that he believed a stringer was missing where the hole was. He said he would ship it to BassCat on the dealer's dime for inspection. About a week later, Pierce calls my dad at home and tells him that there was indeed a stringer missing in the hull and that they would replace the boat free of charge including any options that my dad wanted. The first thing he asked for was a double-thick hull (he fishes Wright Patman, the Pines, Millwood, other assorted stumpholes, etc). Pierce assured him that it would not be necessary and that he would walk the boat down the assembly line personally to ensure it is perfect. Dad said that he appreciated the guesture but he wanted a double hull. So Pierce said OK, what else? Two or three weeks later, the new cat was delivered fully rigged and he still has it to this day. He acknowledged that he absolutely hit something, which the company could have easily used as an excuse to explain the damage and refused to cover repairs/replacement. But BassCat took responsibility for the faulty hull, and said that it failed because of the defect and made it right for damage. For that reason, I am and will run a BassCat for as long as they are in business.

That's powerful and mirrors everything I have read about BCB

Completely omitting a stringer in the boat is powerful. How in the world did it get all the way out the door and no one know?

FREYED KNOT

Re: Quality boats [Re: Frank the Tank] #11323985 01/05/16 02:15 PM
H
Hoss Holding Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
I just bought a 2015 Z-7 with a merc. 175 November of last year, I got it for 29,000, I have had it out almost every weekend since I have owned it. I don't have the money or could I justify purchasing some of the other boats mentioned, I don't know about the service end yet because I have not needed it, will take it in here around Feb. All I know is I love the way the boat runs, it's plenty fast and if I get my rear kicked in a bass tournament it won't be because of the boat. I didn't break the bank and I know I will enjoy this boat for a very long time. I have heard all the stories about resale and breaking down and all that was said about a Nitro. All I know is I was blessed to find this boat and now own it.

I am blessed to have a opportunity to live a childhood dream as a professional wrestler

Re: Quality boats [Re: Andrew Y'Barbo] #11324038 01/05/16 02:47 PM
S
SC-001 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
Nitro is tried true and tested to the limits every year with Kevin Vandam. that says something.

Don't drink all of the Cool-aid. If you are talking about strength ask Ivn at basscat about his puma bouncing down the highway, or Ike at the Sabine.
Ike's boats have double-thick hull, not your average basscat.

Re: Quality boats [Re: FairywandCole] #11324053 01/05/16 02:54 PM
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
E
I am by no means being sarcastic. Everyone on here wants to run down Nitro all the time.everyone thinks they are junk. Kevin Vandam wouldn't be driving a nitro if he didnt think it was the best boat. period.

Hahahahahahah Seriously!!!!!!!

KVD drives a Nitro because they pay him the most, not because he thinks they are the best...

Last edited by ezbassin; 01/05/16 02:55 PM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide