Page 1 of 2 1 2
Where to replace everything? #11321799 01/04/16 04:25 PM
G
GOLFnFISH86 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
G
I recently had my rig broken into and everything stolen and literally have to replace everything. I am looking for suggestions on a one stop shop for: a graph, 10 rods and reels, bait boxes, all baits, etc. and a minn Kota talon as well. Probably going to spend between 8-10k and am wondering if there is a shop in Texas that will give a discount on such a large order to compete with not having to pay tax by ordering from tackle warehouse. Would rather shop here but on an order that large no tax is a big chunk.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86] #11321813 01/04/16 04:30 PM
TexasTechliprip Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
talk to robert at fishin world

if he doesnt have it he can order it

[Linked Image]
Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86] #11321912 01/04/16 05:13 PM
W
WillieKetchum Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
In theory that is a good idea, but I doubt if you're going to find anyone to accommodate your needs.

For your talon and graph I suggest www.universalmania.com Their 10' Talon is $1420 and the 12' is only about $50 more.

As far as tackle, Tackle Warehouse has gift cards on sale for 10% off right now (ends 1/8/2016). So no tax plus 10% off with them is a pretty good deal.

Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86] #11321927 01/04/16 05:19 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Tax free shopping is a myth. You may not pay it, but it is owed! Small purchases are likely not going to get recognized, but something that big... Look out!

From the Comptroller's Website on Sales and Use Tax:

3. Do I owe tax on goods purchased via mail-order catalogs or Internet merchandise?
Yes. A seller who uses catalogs or the Internet to sell goods is treated the same as any other seller of taxable items. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located in Texas, you owe Texas sales tax on the purchase. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, then you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an Internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, the use tax is due and payable by the purchaser.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86] #11322310 01/04/16 08:35 PM
R
Rottenshot Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Give Ricky and Patty a call at Anglers Pro Tackle. He can handle everything you need. You will not regret it. Great folks!

Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: David Burton] #11323833 01/05/16 12:32 PM
H
HawgWrangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted By: David Burton
Tax free shopping is a myth. You may not pay it, but it is owed! Small purchases are likely not going to get recognized, but something that big... Look out!

3. Do I owe tax on goods purchased via mail-order catalogs or Internet merchandise?
Yes. A seller who uses catalogs or the Internet to sell goods is treated the same as any other seller of taxable items. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located in Texas, you owe Texas sales tax on the purchase. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, then you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an Internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, the use tax is due and payable by the purchaser.

The "use tax" part of this just seems wrong on so many levels.

HawgWrangler

Turning Point & Team Challenge
www.turningpointnation.org
"To develop self-esteem and confidence in the physically challenged through participation in adapted outdoor adventures"

Paralyzed Veterans of America BASS Tour
A B.A.S.S. Sanctioned Tour
www.pva.org
Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: Rottenshot] #11323837 01/05/16 12:39 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Rottenshot
Give Ricky and Patty a call at Anglers Pro Tackle. He can handle everything you need. You will not regret it. Great folks!

This...

Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: Rottenshot] #11323995 01/05/16 02:21 PM
R
Rudy Lackey Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R

Rudy
Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86] #11324002 01/05/16 02:23 PM
S
Spiderman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Tackle Warehouse if you know exactly what your going to purchase!

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: Rottenshot] #11324191 01/05/16 04:00 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J

Agreed. Go to Angler's Pro. They will fix you right up.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: HawgWrangler] #11324389 01/05/16 05:18 PM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: HawgWrangler

The "use tax" part of this just seems wrong on so many levels.

David, you are one of the few people that I have seen that even know about the sales tax law. Most try to say it doesn't exist or apply.

As far as it seeming wrong, having lived in states that charged a state income tax, I am more than happy to pay a use tax and keep the state running rather than have them start looking at charging me an income tax on everything that I earn. Texas isn't hurting for money and aren't enforcing that much. I've been where they actively go after companies in other states trying to force them to charge the tax and mail it to that state and their state tax is much higher than Texas. Eventually, I believe that all the states will get the online tax changed so they receive their share. I imagine that most local retailers want it to happen to help them be competitive with the market and to keep their doors open.

Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86] #11324547 01/05/16 06:32 PM
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
My first call would be to Paul and Shane at Southwest Parts & Service.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86] #11324979 01/05/16 10:25 PM
D
Dbranch3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
I would definately shop around for whoever is willing to deal, that's a pretty big purchase, so someone should be willing to give you a break!

Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: Dbranch3] #11325184 01/05/16 11:59 PM
P
prospec1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Agreed. Go to Angler's Pro. They will fix you right up

Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: David Burton] #11325225 01/06/16 12:22 AM
N
northtexascrappiehunter Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
N

So if you buy something online from out of state and they dont charge you tax, then you run down the street holding up money for the "tax Man" to take? I call BS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide