Forum Stats
102732 Members
61 Forums
859280 Topics
11272923 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11321799 - 01/04/16 10:25 AM Where to replace everything?
GOLFnFISH86 Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Tyler,TX
I recently had my rig broken into and everything stolen and literally have to replace everything. I am looking for suggestions on a one stop shop for: a graph, 10 rods and reels, bait boxes, all baits, etc. and a minn Kota talon as well. Probably going to spend between 8-10k and am wondering if there is a shop in Texas that will give a discount on such a large order to compete with not having to pay tax by ordering from tackle warehouse. Would rather shop here but on an order that large no tax is a big chunk.

#11321813 - 01/04/16 10:30 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86]
TexasTechliprip Offline
Pro Angler

talk to robert at fishin world

if he doesnt have it he can order it

#11321912 - 01/04/16 11:13 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86]
WillieKetchum Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Huntsville, TX
In theory that is a good idea, but I doubt if you're going to find anyone to accommodate your needs.

For your talon and graph I suggest www.universalmania.com Their 10' Talon is $1420 and the 12' is only about $50 more.

As far as tackle, Tackle Warehouse has gift cards on sale for 10% off right now (ends 1/8/2016). So no tax plus 10% off with them is a pretty good deal.

#11321927 - 01/04/16 11:19 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86]
David Burton Online   confused
Extreme Angler

Loc: McKinney, TX
Tax free shopping is a myth. You may not pay it, but it is owed! Small purchases are likely not going to get recognized, but something that big... Look out!

From the Comptroller's Website on Sales and Use Tax:

3. Do I owe tax on goods purchased via mail-order catalogs or Internet merchandise?
Yes. A seller who uses catalogs or the Internet to sell goods is treated the same as any other seller of taxable items. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located in Texas, you owe Texas sales tax on the purchase. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, then you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an Internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, the use tax is due and payable by the purchaser.

#11322310 - 01/04/16 02:35 PM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86]
Rottenshot Offline
Green Horn

Give Ricky and Patty a call at Anglers Pro Tackle. He can handle everything you need. You will not regret it. Great folks!

#11323833 - 01/05/16 06:32 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: David Burton]
HawgWrangler Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Lake Lewisville
Originally Posted By: David Burton
Tax free shopping is a myth. You may not pay it, but it is owed! Small purchases are likely not going to get recognized, but something that big... Look out!

3. Do I owe tax on goods purchased via mail-order catalogs or Internet merchandise?
Yes. A seller who uses catalogs or the Internet to sell goods is treated the same as any other seller of taxable items. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located in Texas, you owe Texas sales tax on the purchase. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, then you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an Internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, the use tax is due and payable by the purchaser.

The "use tax" part of this just seems wrong on so many levels.

Turning Point & Team Challenge
www.turningpointnation.org
"To develop self-esteem and confidence in the physically challenged through participation in adapted outdoor adventures"

Paralyzed Veterans of America BASS Tour
A B.A.S.S. Sanctioned Tour
www.pva.org

#11323837 - 01/05/16 06:39 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: Rottenshot]
GROD Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Eagle Mountain
Originally Posted By: Rottenshot
Give Ricky and Patty a call at Anglers Pro Tackle. He can handle everything you need. You will not regret it. Great folks!

This...

#11323995 - 01/05/16 08:21 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: Rottenshot]
Rudy Lackey Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: N. Richland Hills Texas USA

#11324002 - 01/05/16 08:23 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86]
Spiderman Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: EAST TEXAS
Tackle Warehouse if you know exactly what your going to purchase!

#11324191 - 01/05/16 10:00 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: Rottenshot]
Josh Seale Offline
Angler

Loc: Saginaw, TX

Agreed. Go to Angler's Pro. They will fix you right up.

#11324389 - 01/05/16 11:18 AM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: HawgWrangler]
Bobby Milam Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Arlington
Originally Posted By: HawgWrangler

The "use tax" part of this just seems wrong on so many levels.

David, you are one of the few people that I have seen that even know about the sales tax law. Most try to say it doesn't exist or apply.

As far as it seeming wrong, having lived in states that charged a state income tax, I am more than happy to pay a use tax and keep the state running rather than have them start looking at charging me an income tax on everything that I earn. Texas isn't hurting for money and aren't enforcing that much. I've been where they actively go after companies in other states trying to force them to charge the tax and mail it to that state and their state tax is much higher than Texas. Eventually, I believe that all the states will get the online tax changed so they receive their share. I imagine that most local retailers want it to happen to help them be competitive with the market and to keep their doors open.

#11324547 - 01/05/16 12:32 PM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86]
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: Flower Mound, TX
My first call would be to Paul and Shane at Southwest Parts & Service.

#11324979 - 01/05/16 04:25 PM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: GOLFnFISH86]
Dbranch3 Online   content
Outdoorsman

I would definately shop around for whoever is willing to deal, that's a pretty big purchase, so someone should be willing to give you a break!

#11325184 - 01/05/16 05:59 PM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: Dbranch3]
prospec1 Offline
Outdoorsman

Agreed. Go to Angler's Pro. They will fix you right up

#11325225 - 01/05/16 06:22 PM Re: Where to replace everything? [Re: David Burton]
northtexascrappiehunter Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Corinth Texas

So if you buy something online from out of state and they dont charge you tax, then you run down the street holding up money for the "tax Man" to take? I call BS.
972-567-1563

https://m.facebook.com/LainsOnsiteAutoRepair/
http://www.lainsonsiteautorepair.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide