• 1 tube of saltines (~ 40 crackers +)
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (either salted or unsalted; do not use margarine)
• 1 cup + 2 tablespoons firmly packed (light or dark) brown sugar
• 1 bag chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
• ½ to ¾ cup toasted chopped pecans (or toasted chopped almonds)
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. Line cookie sheet with foil & spray with non-stick cooking spray. Line crackers end to end on sheet, breaking crackers to fit the end if necessary.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and turn heat to medium.
4. Continue stirring until boiling – then boil for 3 minutes (set timer).
5. Pour over crackers, spread evenly working quickly.
6. Put sheet into oven – bake for 5 minutes.
7. Remove – pour chocolate chips over top – place a sheet of foil over and let melt for ~ 3 minutes.
8. Spread melted chocolate over the top evenly.
9. Add nuts to top – replace foil and refrigerate until set (can be frozen).
On average, your heart beats 100,000 times a day. One day, one of those heartbeats will be your last. Then what?
The answer is found in Jesus Christ who said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~