11274376 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11297809 - 12/22/15 01:20 PM Jason Christie Signature Series Rods
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Straight outa Johnson county.....
Anybody used them? I have been told that they are set up like Buccos but its a heavier blank (that's good with me)

I'm looking at the 6' 11" pitch N Skip... looking at that, or the Halo rods that are for sale on tackle warehouse for 60 bucks....

any experience with the JC sig series???

Bass Anglers at Angelo State University on facebook

#11297815 - 12/22/15 01:25 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Red Oak, Galveston, and Pagosa...
I have broken every bucoo and JC falcon I've had. Which isn't saying much. I've only had four. That said, I broke every Cara I've had as well.

I AM NOT ROUGH ON THEM. they just fall apart (guides) or snap in a weird spot.

I'd suggest a Daiwa Tatula rod for that price range. Much better for, IMO.

#11297817 - 12/22/15 01:26 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
Andrew Y'Barbo Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Lufkin Texas
Feels like an im6 blank.

#11297851 - 12/22/15 01:43 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: SteezMacQueen]
ChanceHuiet Online   happy
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Liberty
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
I have broken every bucoo and JC falcon I've had. Which isn't saying much. I've only had four. That said, I broke every Cara I've had as well.

Strange, I've got 2 bucoos and 1 JC that has been through the ringer and back and never missed a beat. The 7' MH bucok I own is my saltwater live bait rod. I've caught everything from your typical flounder and trout to 40" bull reds and 25# jacks on it. I love mine for what they are.

#11297860 - 12/22/15 01:47 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: SteezMacQueen]
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I have a tatula reel... and am NOT impressed... so I don't have a loot of faith in Daiwa... but I'll see if I can find one to play with.

I HATE bucoos, they are under strength and over hyped. However I LOVE my 8 year old lowrider... So I was curious what the thought was on the JC's...

#11298034 - 12/22/15 02:59 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
ChanceHuiet Online   happy
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Liberty
You probably won't like the christie either then. I think they are right in line with the bucoo if not a hair softer.

#11298071 - 12/22/15 03:18 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
bradnitro175 Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Dallas,tx
I had a tatula rod broke right by the hook keeper where they decided they didn't need epoxy rest of the blank.I have a falcon jc still going strong

#11298093 - 12/22/15 03:24 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
Rickmb Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: San Antonio
I have the 7' crankbait rod. I like it for squarebills, traps, and medium diving baits. I like it. It has lasted two years with some pretty heavy abuse.

#11298114 - 12/22/15 03:31 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
engine1129 Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Sulphur springs tx
I have the jc topwater rod and like it..

#11298144 - 12/22/15 03:51 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
pil,b Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: abilene,texas
Buy a Power Tackle and thank me later fish

#11299069 - 12/22/15 11:10 PM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
JVB Offline
Outdoorsman

Between me and my wife we probably have about 30 Falcons from Lowriders to Cara T7s and ill tell you. We might have broke 2 over the past 8 years and one of those was my dumba.. grabbing the last ft. of the rod with my hand trying to unhook a 6' gar on a spinnerbait. So I dont know what SteezMacQueen was doing but Falcon is my choice. I aint scared to flip a 6lber in a heart beat. Check out the new Lowriders they are lighter and sweeter feeling.

#11299236 - 12/23/15 07:11 AM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Red Oak, Galveston, and Pagosa...
Ok. Here's my list.....

Jason Christies... Broke one heavy rod reeling in a DD with moss hanging from. Using a frog and 65lb braid. I dead sticked it. Probably my fault.
The second broke within two casts of having it. It was the replacement for the above. On a cast. Sending out a 10" power worm on a recon mission. Haha.

Traded "up" to a Bucoo... The tip broke on a hook set. One inch from the tip. The replacement for that rod lost the tip insert. Both of these were micros.

Upgraded to Loweriders. No problems.

Upgraded to Cara
ST's and a few T7Micros. One micro broke at the reel seat due to "stress from fishing"
The second, like the bucoo, broke off one inch from the tip. It is an Amistad ST. I broke it at Fairfield flipping reeds.

My Steez rods get handled the same way. None of them have ever failed. Ever. That's all im saying.

I do love me some Falcon rods. I still continue to fish with them. Just remember, they are not "Ugly sticks". Lol

#11299274 - 12/23/15 07:43 AM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
Frenzy Online   happy
TFF Guru

Loc: Arlington
The bucoo and the christie rods both use falcons FXB blank...not real sure what the difference is between them. The foam handle looks different on the christie rod...maybe thats it?

#11299556 - 12/23/15 09:40 AM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: pil,b]
catslayer Offline
TFF Team Angler

Originally Posted By: pil,b
Buy a Power Tackle and thank me later fish

I have one... bought two years ago... and wish I had the ones build before they swapped blanks. They don't have the parabolic bend as much as they used to... I tried to buy one old model off a buddy but he wont sell. Don't get me wrong I like the rod still just not as much as that older one... Also I don't have that kind of $$$ right now...

I have been told they ARNT the same Blank Frenzy, that the JC rod is heavier by a good bit. I'll give up some weight for durability. Mind if I ask how you know for sure??? I'm not saying you don't know what you are talking about I just want some supporting evidence lol

I think I'll be going to Anglers Pro tonight to see what they have in stock so I can feel them. trying to decide if I'm gona unwrap a rod or a reel xmas morning... starting to lean toward a new Superduty

Edited by catslayer (12/23/15 09:43 AM)

#11299589 - 12/23/15 09:53 AM Re: Jason Christie Signature Series Rods [Re: catslayer]
Frenzy Online   happy
TFF Guru

Loc: Arlington
Originally Posted By: catslayer

I have been told they ARNT the same Blank Frenzy, that the JC rod is heavier by a good bit. I'll give up some weight for durability. Mind if I ask how you know for sure??? I'm not saying you don't know what you are talking about I just want some supporting evidence lol

Because on Falcon's website for both the JC and Bucoo it says..."American-made FXB graphite blank". Lowrider is..."Falcon XG Graphite Blank," and Cara is..."Falcon CARA T7 Graphite Blank."

I guess I'm just assuming if it was a different blank they would use a different name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide