859295 Topics
11273111 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#11295373 - 12/21/15 10:34 AM Bass Affliction
TBassYates Online   content
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Scurry, Tx - S/E of Dallas
I saw a comment that reminded me of a conversation I had with my wife once. I was telling her about my days fishing and how I found a rockpile next to a bridge piling, a brush pile off of a drop off and part of an old dock that had fallen down and how great these spots were. She said that was great, "How many fish did you catch?" I told her I didn't catch any fish, in fact I didn't even get a bite. She asked, " Are you crazy. I bet it didn't hit 40 degree's out there today and I know the wind was blowing 25. How could you have any fun in that weather and not even get a bite?" I have often wondered about this. Some of my favorite times on the water were days like that. I have always loved a really tough tournament day and some of the lucky club tournaments I managed to win were those types of tournaments. I never have been able to hang much during those shootouts when guys are bringing in 25 to 35 lbs sacks. I have seen a lot of guys that would get off of the water after a brutal day and wonder why they waste their time and money. At the same time I would come off of the water and couldn't wait to get right back out there the next day and try to put together what I had learned or places I might have found that might turn it into a successful day. For me bass fishing is a real challenge and I think that is why I love it so much. You are constantly trying to figure out what is going on, what baits will be best, how to make that perfect cast at a target. I don't fish as much these days and I think that is why even though I realize I don't have as much of an edge as when I was fishing every weekend and know I can't be as competitive, the challenge is even bigger which make the juices flow even more. The word Crazy may be the simplest explanation but I bet for others like me there is a better suited word. Can't wait for January and my first tournament.

#11295399 - 12/21/15 10:44 AM Re: Bass Affliction [Re: TBassYates]
Donald Harper Online   happy
TFF Guru

Loc: Justin, TX.
Good write-up. You got it in your blood; so keep the fire going. The next cast is the one. My uncle sent me a picture of a crane trying to swallow a big frog that said, "Never Give Up". On the next picture it showed the Frog dragging the crane by the neck. HA....

www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
Shallow Water Mapping - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

#11295454 - 12/21/15 11:11 AM Re: Bass Affliction [Re: TBassYates]
fouzman Offline
Methuselah

Loc: Houston, TX
Thought this was going to be about new t-shirts to go with the flat brims.

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide