Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Bass Affliction #11295373 12/21/15 04:34 PM
TBassYates Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I saw a comment that reminded me of a conversation I had with my wife once. I was telling her about my days fishing and how I found a rockpile next to a bridge piling, a brush pile off of a drop off and part of an old dock that had fallen down and how great these spots were. She said that was great, "How many fish did you catch?" I told her I didn't catch any fish, in fact I didn't even get a bite. She asked, " Are you crazy. I bet it didn't hit 40 degree's out there today and I know the wind was blowing 25. How could you have any fun in that weather and not even get a bite?" I have often wondered about this. Some of my favorite times on the water were days like that. I have always loved a really tough tournament day and some of the lucky club tournaments I managed to win were those types of tournaments. I never have been able to hang much during those shootouts when guys are bringing in 25 to 35 lbs sacks. I have seen a lot of guys that would get off of the water after a brutal day and wonder why they waste their time and money. At the same time I would come off of the water and couldn't wait to get right back out there the next day and try to put together what I had learned or places I might have found that might turn it into a successful day. For me bass fishing is a real challenge and I think that is why I love it so much. You are constantly trying to figure out what is going on, what baits will be best, how to make that perfect cast at a target. I don't fish as much these days and I think that is why even though I realize I don't have as much of an edge as when I was fishing every weekend and know I can't be as competitive, the challenge is even bigger which make the juices flow even more. The word Crazy may be the simplest explanation but I bet for others like me there is a better suited word. Can't wait for January and my first tournament.

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Bass Affliction [Re: TBassYates] #11295399 12/21/15 04:44 PM
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Good write-up. You got it in your blood; so keep the fire going. The next cast is the one. My uncle sent me a picture of a crane trying to swallow a big frog that said, "Never Give Up". On the next picture it showed the Frog dragging the crane by the neck. HA....

Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
Websiite Sponsors:
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic

Re: Bass Affliction [Re: TBassYates] #11295454 12/21/15 05:11 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Thought this was going to be about new t-shirts to go with the flat brims.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide