Thanks for the help. I finished the repair at least for now. I am heading to the lake tomorrow. Time will tell. Worst case I know how to do it and I will order new new trim rods and caps. I would bet that's what any shop would of done.
My tabs were mushroomed for on the ends, I took them and grinded them with a blade sharpener and it worked. I made a spanner wrench out of a dewalt spanner wrench.And I did a number on the caps. I guess I would recommend the Yamaha wrench , but I honesty don't know if would of helped in my situation. The were on there so tight, I ended up beating them off with a punch. I had a pipe on the spanner wrench and everything and I am pretty strong and I could not get them to budge.. The tilt ram was actually the easiest part of the whole process. The cap came off easy and the whole assembled dropped off rather easy. Thes seals are a pain to get into the center of the caps but everything was was pretty straight forward.
If anyone has a question let me know and I will try and it walk them through the process.