Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Mayo
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Yes sir. Very windy on all the east Texas lakes. I thought I could tough out the wind. Man. Was I wrong. In a 17ft boat with a 55lb TM. It was a pretty good time!

Fished till around 2:30. And the down pour and wind was a little too much.

I know what you mean. I pushed my 18' Cat passed it's limits. Looking back I now know when to just hang it up. I had to trim the motor up and idle it back to the ramp on the main lake. At one point I had the leave the bilge pump on because of all the water running over the nose fishing a MLP. Fun stuff...

I've fished tourneys where I had to leave the motor running to keep the livewell and bilge going. It was so rough, that water was washing over the BOW while I was drop shotting on the main lake. The boat was taking on water in huge swells. Scary [censored]. And knowing that the bilge is the only thing keeping it above water is kinda scary too. Placing my boat, gear, and dry clothing in the faith of a $30 pump. Haha it's unnerving at best.

Saw some pretty good size bass putting back to the ramp. I couldn't withstand the temptation. I pulled up the wind report for yesterday on Fork so I have a baseline to go by now. It's eye popping. This looks to be from a nearby airport. It's always worse on the water of course. Notice the wind gust on the chart below.

Lake Fork Weather Report - Sat. 12-12

Last edited by Mayo; 12/13/15 10:40 PM.