Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: Tubby] #11276525 12/11/15 07:34 PM
H
HEAVY SACK (aka Crankinstein) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Meh. Pretty sure people were muttering the same thing when Forrest Wood sold out.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: Tubby] #11276573 12/11/15 08:00 PM
B
bigfishtx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I wonder how involved Johnny Morris is with calling the shots on this change over?

Keep the Lord in your heart and keep your powder dry.
5:5
Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: bigfishtx] #11276659 12/11/15 08:39 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: bigfishtx
I wonder how involved Johnny Morris is with calling the shots on this change over?
He is sleeping at the factory to make sure it stays ship shape

Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: Mark Perry] #11276690 12/11/15 08:51 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Here is the future of Ranger according to the folks that actually own it and run it. I am sure some will find fault, drama or conspiracy with it if they try hard enough. Letter is pretty clear the Ranger will maintain its own design team, they are increasing capacity for building Ranger as well as the fact that they will NOT be sold in BPS stores. All of that is pretty clear.

http://www.boatingbusiness.ca/news/article/004388/Bass-Pro-Shops-Updates-Dealers-on-Management-Issue

Reverse these statements and see how it reads, I see what you did there Johnny M. wink

At this time, we are pursuing renaming Tracker Marine Group and Fishing Holdings to a new, more united White River Marine Group. In this regard, we are eager to share and to make available as appropriate many of the significant resources available from Bass Pro Shops and Tracker to help strengthen the Ranger brand and your business. At the same time we respect the need to maintain independence and brand integrity, and in that regard, we have no plans to sell Fishing Holdings brands through Bass Pro Shops stores.

Last edited by Bossbowman; 12/11/15 08:53 PM.
Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: Tubby] #11276804 12/11/15 09:59 PM
D
DJB Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
I hope everyone that reads these posts ,that seem to show up quite often,take them with a grain of salt. There are people with different agendas that post on these topics.

Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: Tubby] #11276813 12/11/15 10:10 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
There's a lot of little tidal bits in that article. Those jobs weren't dissolved so there was something going on there. Was it bad? Who knows. Sounds like Triton and stratos are done. It was bound to happen anyway but I thought the trx boats could save triton. Sounds like there will be a lot of part sharing. That could be good or bad. I'm not knocking nitro here but if their parts start showing up on Rangers I can't see the loyalty of guys staying with them. Even if the parts are quality and maybe better it will still hurt their perception with Ranger loyalists.

Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: DJB] #11276843 12/11/15 10:33 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: DJB
I hope everyone that reads these posts ,that seem to show up quite often,take them with a grain of salt. There are people with different agendas that post on these topics.

What!!!???? Agendas? Here? No way! grin grin cheers

Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: snickers] #11277270 12/12/15 02:56 AM
airforcefishin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: snickers
Originally Posted By: bigfishtx
He is sleeping at the factory to make sure it stays ship shape
lol popcorn

Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: Tubby] #11277487 12/12/15 05:06 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Brand Nazi's are funny if you ask me...... My identity has nothing to do with my boat.....and I just have a passion for fishing...

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: Mark Jones] #11277532 12/12/15 06:17 AM
Walls Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Mark Jones
Originally Posted By: Troyz
The reality here is that we are all lacking the inside details/facts related to this acquisition and simply speculating at this point with regards to the future. The other piece of reality here is that Ranger was broke and nabbed by an MA firm to clean up and make ready for sale. Along comes Johnny Morris, who isn't broke, to purchase them and somehow now he's the bad guy?

I appreciate the brand loyalty from the Ranger fans but guess what? The business was failing to be profitable and that's been the case for quite some time. If JM can make it profitable and sustain the brand then you all should be supporters in my eyes instead of armchair quarterbacks and critics. 2cents

Maybe I just missed something but I never knew Ranger was broke or not profitable. To my knowledge, Ranger never filed bankruptcy. Their parent company (Genmar) did and sold Ranger to Platinum Equities kwho then sold Ranger to Bass Pro.

Quibbling over semantics are we? Ok then, if the term broke was too abrasive then let me kindly rephrase. Yes it's true that as the parent it was Genmar's filing but you can't argue the fact that Ranger was impacted by all of the same issues at that time, layoffs, cuts, lack of sales, etc. You don't end up purchased out of BK and in the hands of PE if all is well.

If you want to stand on principle and argue that Ranger was the best looking turd of the others in the toilet bowl I'll concede that...

Well played sir, well played.

Re: the future of Ranger? [Re: Walls] #11277536 12/12/15 06:26 AM
O
ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50) Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
Originally Posted By: chasinbass
Originally Posted By: Troyz
The reality here is that we are all lacking the inside details/facts related to this acquisition and simply speculating at this point with regards to the future. The other piece of reality here is that Ranger was broke and nabbed by an MA firm to clean up and make ready for sale. Along comes Johnny Morris, who isn't broke, to purchase them and somehow now he's the bad guy?

I appreciate the brand loyalty from the Ranger fans but guess what? The business was failing to be profitable and that's been the case for quite some time. If JM can make it profitable and sustain the brand then you all should be supporters in my eyes instead of armchair quarterbacks and critics. 2cents

Maybe I just missed something but I never knew Ranger was broke or not profitable. To my knowledge, Ranger never filed bankruptcy. Their parent company (Genmar) did and sold Ranger to Platinum Equities kwho then sold Ranger to Bass Pro.

Quibbling over semantics are we? Ok then, if the term broke was too abrasive then let me kindly rephrase. Yes it's true that as the parent it was Genmar's filing but you can't argue the fact that Ranger was impacted by all of the same issues at that time, layoffs, cuts, lack of sales, etc. You don't end up purchased out of BK and in the hands of PE if all is well.

If you want to stand on principle and argue that Ranger was the best looking turd of the others in the toilet bowl I'll concede that...

Well played sir, well played.
I'd have to agree with all of the above. Businesses don't change hands as much as Ranger has if they are profitable. That being said; as I said in a previous post in this thread, they as well as others may have the opportunity; short term, to be a lot more profitable in the future............

2012 ZX200 Skeeter
2012 Yamaha 200 SHO

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Proud student of the Pro Staffer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzwF72B2F2w&t=14s
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide