Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: BillyVanWard] #11258430 12/02/15 08:31 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: BillyVanWard
That's an interesting outcome to a thread about backing on a reel. I forgot what the pre-hijack subject matter was for a minute.

I like Steez. I too have made it a point to be confident, effective, and successful while also taking pains to be reasonable, dignified, and polite. No matter how polite one is, though, many people get their knickers in a knot and blow their tops when anyone presents himself as anything above a lowly wretch.

It's funny how threatened people become over nothing, allowing their insecurities to conspicuously intrude on an affair like a pot boiling over as they pepper the internet with ill-composed attempts to call out what they perceive to be intolerable arrogance. The world is becoming nuttier than a two ton pallet of Whitman's Samplers.

Good luck, Steez.

I dink u got doo-doo brain.......

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Brandon Farrell] #11258563 12/02/15 09:52 PM
N
northtexascrappiehunter Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
N
I say we need two chase boats, one for each participant to video the day. Ill be one but someone would need to donate a go pro to me as I dont have one. lol

Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Brandon Farrell] #11258601 12/02/15 10:16 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
There for sure needs to be a live update thread running Saturday.

Re: Backing on a reel [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11258609 12/02/15 10:18 PM
Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life) Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: Brad Hardt
Man I didn't even read this thread until now .

So you guys say he shouldn't ask for areas? All the big name pros get help but a tff guy cant? Ok

I have seen okie truck parked at tower bay ramp for two weeks straight everyday . He sent me a few pics two days ago of some biggins

They want me to fail. I probably am biting off a good chunk. But, if I thought I couldn't, I never would try. So, as my mentality has been for many years, I think I can ......so I just might. Might not. Nothing keeps a person focused as well as accepting challenges and commiting to them. I have never been and never will be a quitter. I have never backed down from a challenge. This is not a dare! It's a challenge. And Saturday, I will have a new respect for Okie, and I am positive he will respect me. We have set times and agreements to this via PM. He understands what kind of person I am, as I do him. We will take pictures. If I lose, I will be the first to admit it here. If I win, he will admit it. Either way, we both feel that this is something we both have to do now. He and I have a lot of the same feelings about challenges and we both repsct each other. Maybe more after this weekend. But for now, we have agreed to the terms. While the rest of you just get to smile, and read, and wonder what fulfillment YOU will get out of your fishing this weekend. He and I will have a lot to talk about and remember. Even if one of us comes up short on weight. It really doesn't matter. We will know that instead of just talking the talk. We walked it. cheers

Well spoken steez

Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Brandon Farrell] #11258615 12/02/15 10:22 PM
N
northtexascrappiehunter Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
N
Ill volunteer to do live updates, we would need another boat too.

Last edited by northtexascrappiehunter; 12/02/15 10:22 PM.
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #11258883 12/03/15 12:53 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Man I didn't even read this thread until now .

So you guys say he shouldn't ask for areas? All the big name pros get help but a tff guy cant? Ok

I have seen okie truck parked at tower bay ramp for two weeks straight everyday . He sent me a few pics two days ago of some biggins

They want me to fail. I probably am biting off a good chunk. But, if I thought I couldn't, I never would try. So, as my mentality has been for many years, I think I can ......so I just might. Might not. Nothing keeps a person focused as well as accepting challenges and commiting to them. I have never been and never will be a quitter. I have never backed down from a challenge. This is not a dare! It's a challenge. And Saturday, I will have a new respect for Okie, and I am positive he will respect me. We have set times and agreements to this via PM. He understands what kind of person I am, as I do him. We will take pictures. If I lose, I will be the first to admit it here. If I win, he will admit it. Either way, we both feel that this is something we both have to do now. He and I have a lot of the same feelings about challenges and we both repsct each other. Maybe more after this weekend. But for now, we have agreed to the terms. While the rest of you just get to smile, and read, and wonder what fulfillment YOU will get out of your fishing this weekend. He and I will have a lot to talk about and remember. Even if one of us comes up short on weight. It really doesn't matter. We will know that instead of just talking the talk. We walked it. cheers

Well spoken steez
eek2

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Brandon Farrell] #11258886 12/03/15 12:55 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
So...no GPS. Only sonar and down scan.
Can I use minnows and live crawfish? grin

Sonar and DI is for safeties sake. The lake is high and I don't know much about it lately. It's to keep me off of picnic benches and flooded boat houses.

Last edited by SteezMacQueen; 12/03/15 03:28 AM. Reason: Explanation for S and DI

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11258917 12/03/15 01:11 AM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
So...no GPS. Only sonar and down scan.
Can I use minnows and live crawfish? grin

I don't care what you use. Just make sure to bring your 5 bills.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Okie Poke] #11259022 12/03/15 02:10 AM
W
Wadefishing Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Originally Posted By: BillyVanWard
That's an interesting outcome to a thread about backing on a reel. I forgot what the pre-hijack subject matter was for a minute.

I like Steez. I too have made it a point to be confident, effective, and successful while also taking pains to be reasonable, dignified, and polite. No matter how polite one is, though, many people get their knickers in a knot and blow their tops when anyone presents himself as anything above a lowly wretch.

It's funny how threatened people become over nothing, allowing their insecurities to conspicuously intrude on an affair like a pot boiling over as they pepper the internet with ill-composed attempts to call out what they perceive to be intolerable arrogance. The world is becoming nuttier than a two ton pallet of Whitman's Samplers.

Good luck, Steez.

I dink u got doo-doo brain.......

I think you may have proved his point.

Good luck Steez.

Wade
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Brandon Farrell] #11259102 12/03/15 02:46 AM
S
SuperSpookJr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Dang, you DFW boys take your backing seriously.

-SSJr

Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Brandon Farrell] #11259109 12/03/15 02:49 AM
W
Wadefishing Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Appears we do doesn't it. Hey, we got five pages out of it.

Wade
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Brandon Farrell] #11259212 12/03/15 03:38 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
5 pages. Not counting all the deleted posts. And personal threats to me via PM. Haha. I feel like I might need to change my name and take all the identifying trademark stuff off my jeep and boat. Go REALLY DEEP under cover. might even have to have my Humminbirds erased by the geek squad.

As for Okie.... I guess I will bring some cash. I know the gas stations don't like it when I try to buy a snickers bar with hundred dollar bills. So I will have to just deposit your money on Monday. banana

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: timwins31] #11259228 12/03/15 03:50 AM
S
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: timwins31
No way points will be used by either?

Okie better nor bring his graph then . Yall should rent two John boats with 5 h.p. motors and troll

He's just talking out of his arse now. He knows he's going to use his buddies waypoints or he wouldn't have mentioned it. Now that it's bit him he's backtracking. Typical of people who talk a lot, before thinking. And he certainly likes to talk a lot.

I thought this out... thumb clap

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)] #11259233 12/03/15 03:54 AM
J
jafish Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
There for sure needs to be a live update thread running Saturday.

This

Plus photos required

TAKE A PHOTO HOME NOT THE FISH. CATCH AND RELEASE
Set the hook first and ask questions later.
Re: Backing on a reel [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11259284 12/03/15 04:27 AM
S
SRitchey Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
5 pages. Not counting all the deleted posts. And personal threats to me via PM. Haha. I feel like I might need to change my name and take all the identifying trademark stuff off my jeep and boat. Go REALLY DEEP under cover. might even have to have my Humminbirds erased by the geek squad.

As for Okie.... I guess I will bring some cash. I know the gas stations don't like it when I try to buy a snickers bar with hundred dollar bills. So I will have to just deposit your money on Monday. banana

Crazy...personal threats really? A lot of these comments sound like high school girls Steez and I'm not talking about yours. Don't let the egos get to you. Good luck out there and I hope you bring it home just to shut them up. If you don't I appreciate your goals and determination there's nothing wrong with that, I've never seen you rub anybody's nose in it.

Steve

1999 ChampioN 203 - 2011 250hp Mercury Optimax Pro XS
2-10" Helix & 1-10" Garmin Livescope Plus - Ultrex 36/112

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide