Forums59
Topics1,038,939
Posts13,955,888
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this #11232783 11/19/15 02:32 PM
C
Chemdawg Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Yesterday a cop put a sticker on my trailer that faced the road and put it half under the frame if my neighbor seen him do ti and cam over to tell me. I guess the cops in copperas cove a give boat owners to get there boat of side of the street. So I went to get the sticker saying i have 72 hours to get it off the street or it would be town. no I have live here in Txas since 2003 to 2009 with 2 deployments in between and no one has ever said a ling. I called the police station to ask what was going on. The last I was told was that i had to move the boat inches every 3 days so that is what i have been doing. Well someone a few streets over complaint to the cops that there were a much of boat by her house and she did not want to see not to mention they were causing a safety hazard but all the cars parked on the side o the road were fine. the cop did not give me any options on what to do. So i called the Chief office he said i was violating the city ordnance code. so i went and looked up city ordnance code chat 20 it did not even cove anything about boats on the street. so I called the city Ordiance office and an supervisor cam to the hose with some options on part it in my drive way but the bait is over 21ft and the trailer is even longer so the tungon the trailer was over the side walk. He suggested I build and and one to fit it more to the side (to much money ) the chief said i had to have a complete pad to stet it on. Code enforcement said no i just need some under the wheels and on oder the jack and it cant hang past the side of my house. this is just stupid it all started because some guys parted there boats on un atherixed parking even though that land of dirt is owned my and housing division property it was to small to build a house one so they lefter it empty i goes the had a few motorhome there too. so today i get to go buy bricks for both axels and back it in there with out running over the sprinkler system. andy one have something like this happen to you if so how did you resolve it. the city can issue parking permit but the chief wont sign them. He wants me to pour a concert slab the size of the trailer I am glad code informant came over an said that was wrong and they are reading it wrong. but what can you do Has anyone had to or is dealing with the same issue if so what are you doing to be legal I cant wait to move to thailand were this would not happen but there our main hous in Korat and a huge turn around were my father inlaw keeps his sptic truck and his boat dont get me work i love america and left enough blood in the soil for it. but Thailand you are much freeier to do what you want if you want a beer and 430 in the going walk do the the little shop or a 7-11 and get a beer.

and to make matters worse with the inspector in 2016 the all boats that are visible need a cover on it. that one i can see we have a guys around here who have some old beat up boats in front of there house

And cheep idea an how to fix this the code inspector said just put to lined of with brick as well it should be a little wider the the 2 tires and a little longer and one brick under the tung jack it cant be on the grass the have to be on something I love it how the city tells me what i can do on my own land and tips would be great here are a few put if the boat

if any one has a cheaper and easier way to do ths please let me know i am going to sell my boat i think and get a 19ft the problem my boat is pretty decent looking the Motor has low hours and runs great i just need to get someone who can bend over to hook up the bilge pump and a haul fan any advice is most welcome

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11232795 11/19/15 02:40 PM
buton Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
that kind of sucks...

on my Home owners association rules it clearly says "No boats/RV's parked on the street"

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11232796 11/19/15 02:40 PM
C
Chemdawg Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
C
it has a lot of room i can fit a wheel chars in the from by the live well and store boxes and the front deck they are able to turn there chairs to fish off both sides the boat so if i dont sell it in december i am putting a safe floor in i called and he was discounting it for me i goes he know I take out other disable vet and this time of a year i dont charge to take vets out or active duty guys with the same deal just help with gas and if your bale to help load and unload the boat

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11232818 11/19/15 02:48 PM
S
SALLYSUE Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Find you a storage building to put it in plus it will be out the weather and locked up

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11232843 11/19/15 03:00 PM
F
Fishin' Nut Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Unfortunately, that is how it is. Personal property values, trump personal property rights. Maybe someone who lives outside the city will let you park it on their property in exchange for a guided trip or two.

Originally Posted by OTFF
He is truly a sick individual.
Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11232861 11/19/15 03:08 PM
B
Bob Landry Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
A storage facility may be the path of least hassle. If your Chief of Police had decided that he doesn't want it there, he will continue to harass you regardless of what the code enforcement guy say. That's what cops do. Open storage in a locked facility shouldn't cost that much and it's worth that just to not have to deal with the city.

2015 Seaark 1872 MV CC Etec-90
Two Helix 12 CHIRP SI's, , MinnKota Riptide ST80/i-pilot Link, Bob's Hydraulic
2020 Robalo R200 CC, Yamaha 150

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11233008 11/19/15 04:13 PM
B
BigPoppa007 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Can't do it where I live and its non HOA- City rules. Driveway is Ok. I don't want none of my stuff in street anyway - some [censored] might run into it.

Last edited by BigPoppa007; 11/19/15 04:13 PM.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11233035 11/19/15 04:27 PM
R
redchevy Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
City/HOA can be a hassle, but I don't think I would even consider moving to Thailand because of it.

Its a public street, not private property. Trouble is if you let people do what they want the guy across the street would have a flatbed with a dune buggy on it, a boat, a 30' 5th wheel and a bbq pit parked in the street and their wouldn't be anything you could do about it. I personally would never park my boat on the side of the street for a permanent storage/parking area anyway. Its bad enough driving through packed neighborhoods with cars all over the streets as it is. I hate seeing people park on the street with an empty two lane wide driveway, people are seriously lazy these days, they don't want to back out of the driveway so they park on the street. The rules were what they are when you bought the house.

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11233753 11/20/15 12:13 AM
stubby77 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Storage building pay and keep out of weather.

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11233798 11/20/15 12:38 AM
F
Freeman Clark Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
If someone hits it parked on the street it will be your [censored].

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11233915 11/20/15 01:44 AM
Justin B Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
On a side note dang nice boat! I'm kicking around the idea of selling my pontoon and getting something very similar.

Check out my YouTube channel as I fish out of my Native Titan 10.5 in Texas and Oklahoma reservoirs

https://youtube.com/channel/UCqA--bCRG3lY9CLA-YcvJvQ

If you are in the market for a great used boat checkout the selecton of bass, catfish and all around fishing boats and boat trailers for all style of boats at www.facebook.com/smithboatsales

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11235394 11/21/15 12:21 AM
W
Wadereel Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
A neighbor visited me a couple months ago to tell me he finally reported the guys living in their RV in the driveway next door. Then he told me it would not be fair if he didn't report my boat in the driveway even though he did not mind my boat. He asked.."don't you usually keep it beside the house anyway?" So I started looking up codes ( no HOA here) . Turns out you can't have a boat on the street, in the driveway, or beside the house (unless it is on a permitted drive behind a privacy fence). Since mine is usually beside the house, behind the chainlink fence in the grass, i decided not to move it from the driveway. I figured a notice to move it from its temporary location would be better than from its usuall location.
I never got a ticket..The next time I saw my neighbor he let me know he got a ticket for parking his truck next to his house on his un-permitted crushed stone driveway!

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Wadereel] #11235420 11/21/15 12:31 AM
S
steveiam Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: Wadereel
A neighbor visited me a couple months ago to tell me he finally reported the guys living in their RV in the driveway next door. Then he told me it would not be fair if he didn't report my boat in the driveway even though he did not mind my boat. He asked.."don't you usually keep it beside the house anyway?" So I started looking up codes ( no HOA here) . Turns out you can't have a boat on the street, in the driveway, or beside the house (unless it is on a permitted drive behind a privacy fence). Since mine is usually beside the house, behind the chainlink fence in the grass, i decided not to move it from the driveway. I figured a notice to move it from its temporary location would be better than from its usuall location.
I never got a ticket..The next time I saw my neighbor he let me know he got a ticket for parking his truck next to his house on his un-permitted crushed stone driveway!

Karma-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: Chemdawg] #11235800 11/21/15 03:24 AM
S
SmokeDraw Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Somebody had a few too many beers when they wrote the original post. I personally don't want to see somebody's boat parked in the street, driveway etc. I am glad there are city ordinances that protect our home values and not turn our neighborhoods into used boat and RV lots. Find a place to store it or sell it.

Re: Parking boat on the street any of you ever had an issue with this [Re: SmokeDraw] #11235827 11/21/15 03:35 AM
Dfitz Offline
"Nice Guy"
"Nice Guy"
Originally Posted By: SmokeDraw
Somebody had a few too many beers when they wrote the original post. I personally don't want to see somebody's boat parked in the street, driveway etc. I am glad there are city ordinances that protect our home values and not turn our neighborhoods into used boat and RV lots. Find a place to store it or sell it.

Chemdawg is a respected member on the Forum with a great heart and always willing to help others. He is also a veteran that has been thru more chit in the desert than any man deserves. Grammar police is for the OT.

Don't worry about the mule, just load the cart
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide