Originally Posted By: Muzzlebrake
Chum doesn't have to be so stinky you can't stand it for it to work. Even though I sometimes use soured grain, many of us and myself also use cattle cubes to draw them in. Cubes don't stink and don't take long to work either. Even my homemade dough bait isn't that bad if you like garlic and cheese and it's is edible too smile I have fished it side by side with the stinky brand name bait and always caught more on mine.
Chemdawg's cheese bait is another one that catches and is not foul smelling. His bait works as good as mine.

Right. I catch quite a few using the soured cracked corn, vanilla, and molasses bait, and I don't think it smells bad at all.

When I start it, I don't always put molasses, but sometimes I do. Whenever I am ready to use the bait, that's when I use the molasses. I take about a gallon of corn, and I add molasses until it sticks together. Then I put it in pantyhose. If I'm using whole corn, I put it in a crawfish or onion sack.

The hen scratch is the one I use garlic, and I don't add molasses.

If you can either quickly or quietly switch out shells, you can bring home almost anything.