Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
hillcountrybass, Linda Robert, Gnhattien, Robert black, Calexander
102726 Registered Users
Top Posters
TexDawg 82883
hopalong 74403
Pilothawk 73443
JDavis7873® 67377
FattyMcButterpants 60518
John175 ® 59904
Tritonman 56835
Derek 56432
SkeeterRonnie 52463
LoneStarSon® 52225
facebook
Forum Stats
102726 Members
61 Forums
859240 Topics
11272321 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11220567 - 11/12/15 11:20 AM Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek
NocturneGaming Offline
Green Horn

Registered: 11/11/15
Posts: 9
I was wondering what creek is better to fish this coming winter. I'm new to both creeks since I've only ever fished in lakes (Lavon and Ray Hubbard), but I hear that crappie fishing is really good during Nov through March and I wanna give it a go. I have been to both places before but with no luck, maybe the area wasn't good? Is there ideal spots in those creeks?

Top
#11220610 - 11/12/15 11:39 AM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Team Angler

Registered: 12/30/08
Posts: 3782
Loc: Desoto,Tx. Dallas county
There are great spots in both creeks! The only Problem is 90% of the folks that fish these creeks all congregate to one spot( Honey Hole) and will not branch off and get away from the crowd like the remaining 10%. It has been my experience,especially on WRC, that the solitary angler,the 10%, benefits greatly by moving and walking along the creek banks.I stumbled upon a spot where the creek made a fork and found a lay down and had a very successful morning catching all by myself while a lot of folks were at the imfamous BEND @ the W Lawther Dr. bridge.One other morning on the trail ,not far from Skillman & Marriman, I walk up on a Huge tree that had fallen across the creek and had a trash pile backed up on one side.I walked out on the tree and poaked a hole in the trash with my 10ft pro angler rod ,droped a jig in the hole and had a field day all by my lonesome! This creek has many DEEP POCKETS that hold the C fish. They don`t just stay in one spot. THEY SWIM!!!Just ask Carey Thorn aka Tarpon Fly he is a guide on both creeks and offers very reasonably priced trips.Book a trip with him and Creek fishing for you will never be the same after on any creek.ANY CREEK! welcometo the forum and the Insanity


Edited by Fishbonz (11/14/15 09:40 AM)
_________________________

Horace aka Fishbonz

Top
#11220632 - 11/12/15 11:50 AM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: Fishbonz]
Action_Jackson Online   content
Extreme Angler

Registered: 01/18/15
Posts: 1264
Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
There are great spots in both creeks! The only Problem is 90% of the folks that fish these creeks all congregate to one spot( Honey Hole) and will not branch off and get away from the crowd like the remaining 10%. It has been my experience,especially on WRC, that the solitary angler benefits greatly by moving and walking along the creek banks.This creek has many DEEP POCKETS that hold the C fish. They don`t just stay in one spot. THEY SWIM!!!Just ask Carey Thorn aka Tarpon Fly he is a guide on both creeks and offers very reasonably priced trips.Book a trip with him and Creek fishing for you will never be the same after on any creek.ANY CREEK! welcometo the forum and the Insanity

+1

welcome to the forum
_________________________
Katchin krappie...doin surgeries(filleting)...and givin hott grease baths until krunchy and golden brown is what it's all about!!!

"STAY ready for the THUMP"!!!!

Top
#11220714 - 11/12/15 12:39 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
NocturneGaming Offline
Green Horn

Registered: 11/11/15
Posts: 9
Yeah, i have been at the bridge nothing for over 2hrs. I did have limited time so havent given much thought to going back until I saw some catches that people have. I am the type to walk from spot to spot, but for some reason didn't that time.

Top
#11220765 - 11/12/15 01:12 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Team Angler

Registered: 12/30/08
Posts: 3782
Loc: Desoto,Tx. Dallas county
Originally Posted By: NocturneGaming
Yeah, i have been at the bridge nothing for over 2hrs. I did have limited time so havent given much thought to going back until I saw some catches that people have. I am the type to walk from spot to spot, but for some reason didn't that time.
PM sent to you
_________________________

Horace aka Fishbonz

Top
#11220777 - 11/12/15 01:16 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Team Angler

Registered: 12/30/08
Posts: 3782
Loc: Desoto,Tx. Dallas county
When it starts up in WRC ,don`t forget to use the little peg bobbers.The one`s that land litely on the surface of the water 2cents
_________________________

Horace aka Fishbonz

Top
#11220829 - 11/12/15 01:40 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: Fishbonz]
Action_Jackson Online   content
Extreme Angler

Registered: 01/18/15
Posts: 1264
Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
When it starts up in WRC ,don`t forget to use the little peg bobbers.The one`s that land litely on the surface of the water 2cents

Fishbonz, seems like you have lots creek fishing knowledge...PM sent
_________________________
Katchin krappie...doin surgeries(filleting)...and givin hott grease baths until krunchy and golden brown is what it's all about!!!

"STAY ready for the THUMP"!!!!

Top
#11220904 - 11/12/15 02:20 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
NocturneGaming Offline
Green Horn

Registered: 11/11/15
Posts: 9
Also I was wondering about Rowlett Creek, since I live closer to that one. Been there several times but only ever caught LM and Bluegill. Has the dam at Miller been removed? I heard that held up White Bass and Crappie fishing in that creek for a bit.

Top
#11221442 - 11/12/15 08:32 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Registered: 12/20/10
Posts: 3168
Loc: mckinney, tx
With the lakes full you should be able to catch fish in almost every creek on the metroplex lakes this winter. I'm sure there are already fish that have started to run up the creeks, probably just not in huge numbers. all creeks hold fish, it's more about finding the concentrations of fish than it is about what creek is "better". At least that's my opinion.
_________________________

TCU class of 2019

Top
#11221541 - 11/12/15 09:25 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
Aquiles Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 04/24/11
Posts: 1233
Loc: Texas, Dallas
Hey Fishbonz do you find that the peg bobber makes a big difference and what do you do about fishing at night ?

Top
#11221546 - 11/12/15 09:26 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
Aquiles Offline
Extreme Angler

Registered: 04/24/11
Posts: 1233
Loc: Texas, Dallas
Does anyone know if the crappie have started moving in either of those two creeks , I'm almost done installing my first fish finder in my kayak and would like to take a look and see what I can see with it.

Top
#11221646 - 11/12/15 11:27 PM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: Aquiles]
NocturneGaming Offline
Green Horn

Registered: 11/11/15
Posts: 9
I will be heading out there this weekend and I'll let you know if there are any.

Top
#11221665 - 11/13/15 12:13 AM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
SStohner Offline
Outdoorsman

Registered: 05/30/15
Posts: 114
I am gonna try and hit up Rowlett creek tomorrow. Any idea on where to start with it? Was planning on just going to the preserve and walking.

Top
#11221682 - 11/13/15 01:22 AM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: SStohner]
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Registered: 12/20/10
Posts: 3168
Loc: mckinney, tx
Originally Posted By: SStohner
I am gonna try and hit up Rowlett creek tomorrow. Any idea on where to start with it? Was planning on just going to the preserve and walking.
downstream of miller
_________________________

TCU class of 2019

Top
#11221698 - 11/13/15 03:54 AM Re: Rowlett Creek vs. White Rock Creek [Re: NocturneGaming]
crope1 Online   content
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts

Registered: 05/20/10
Posts: 5906
Loc: mansfield,tx
welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: NocturneGaming
I was wondering what creek is better to fish this coming winter. I'm new to both creeks since I've only ever fished in lakes (Lavon and Ray Hubbard), but I hear that crappie fishing is really good during Nov through March and I wanna give it a go. I have been to both places before but with no luck, maybe the area wasn't good? Is there ideal spots in those creeks?

Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >



© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide