Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Fish Story [Re: Chris H2Os] #11201899 11/02/15 08:31 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Everytime I fish with little man he's full of stories about him and his buddy Shooter wearing out crappie or something somewhere. He's got a brushpile on Fork he catches 700 3lbrs out of each trip but won't take his pops. That being said he told me I needed to watch out for Todd Box cause he was full of stories!! roflmao

Re: Fish Story [Re: SheCrappieKilla] #11201946 11/02/15 08:55 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla
Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Couldn't have been a bigger story than Tequila Rose? How long was it?

Shoot, that one wasn't even the biggest WHOPPER told. banana

Tequila Rose. From what I recall, big is big.

Re: Fish Story [Re: Slewfoot] #11201962 11/02/15 09:05 PM
S
shadrap Offline
Angler
Angler
S
a number of years ago a friend of mine named Ronnie and I went bass fishing at millwood lake in Arkansas. there was a limb sticking out over the water about 2 feet from the surface. I cast my Tiny Torpedo(red and white) over the limb and into the water with my zebco 66. Ronnie said "your not gonna catch a fish like that and also you are going to get hung up). I was moving the lure up and down trying to gauge how much force I would need to get the tiny torpedo over the limb and back to the boat without getting hung up. the back metal propeller was touching the water. as I gave the lure a flip to get it over the limb, the lure was completely out of the water when about a pound and a half largemouth bass jumped out of the water and hung himself on the tiny torpedo. while he was flopping around trying to get loose I pulled him over the limb into the water and to the boat without him getting hung up. Ronnie said "I'll be damn I don't believe that.

Re: Fish Story [Re: shadrap] #11202083 11/02/15 10:11 PM
S
shadrap Offline
Angler
Angler
S
A little over an hour later I said Ronnie let's go back further in that creek. I think we can catch some fish in there. Ronnie said, no it is not wide enough to get though there with all that brush coming out from the bank and it looks snakey to me. I said let me out on the bank and I will go futher down the creek and fish. he said ok but that bank is mighty muddy. so he let me out and I walked down a piece where the creek curved and it opened wider. now I had a Heddon Chugger Spook and I cast it out in the middle and gave it a little jerk and under it went with a big pull and the line broke. that was the only lure I brought with me so I hollered out to Ronnie, "hey Ronnie come over here. On my first cast a big fish broke my line and i'm standing here with just a rod and a reel in my hand and no bait"). so Ronnie walks down and starts fishing but he doesn't get a bite. I'm just standing there watching him fish and it is getting dark. about time to head home. a few feet from where the fish broke me off I see a bunch of reeds sticking out of the water and two of them are moving back and forth. I said Ronnie, "I think that movement is the fish I caught and he is hung up in those reeds. I am going to walk out there and see. he said "that ain't no fish, and you are going to get snake bit." I said "o well". and I started walking toward the reeds. the water was up over my waist when I got there and i looked down about 2 feet under and there was about a two lb bass with a hook in his mouth and the other part of the hook was stuck in the reed and now the back hook(there are 2 treble hooks on a chugger) was hung in another bass's mouth and also in another reed. i'd say they were caught together. so I reached down with my right arm and grabed the chugger, got both hooks unhung from the 2 reeds and lifted the two, two lb fish as high as I could reach over my head and and smiled as wide as I could and said ("See"). I think Ronnie just fell on the ground and said "oh my God, I think I have seen everything now. I do not believe it. you are the luckest guy in the world". I just kept on smiling.

Re: Fish Story [Re: Chris H2Os] #11202084 11/02/15 10:12 PM
S
shadrap Offline
Angler
Angler
S
those are a couple of fish stories.

Re: Fish Story [Re: Chris H2Os] #11202167 11/02/15 11:01 PM
Laner Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
If you're wanting a crappie fishing story, this one memory comes to mind. I took out four people who had never fished, three of which were in middle school. We walk down to this old bar ditch at day break, and at ten o'clock, we had 100 crappie, only one of which I caught.

The whole time the kids are catching fish, cars are going by periodically and I'm telling them to drop the pole and fish in the grass so nobody sees what we're catching. I even put a towel across my back window so that nobody knew who I was. I was sweating my tail off running up and down the bank, picking fish up off the ground, retying jigs, and ultimately doing the best I could to keep it a secret.

Finally, this one other guy showed up, who later ended up becoming a good duck hunting buddy, but he didn't show up until about 9:45, not knowing what had gone on in the hours before he got there. "Ya'll been catching any?" "Yes sir, we've found a little bit of everything in here." I didn't lie, but I also didn't play my card. I had an ice chest full of about thirty fish, with the rest of them on a long rope stringer that was still in the creek. I'm loading up the poles and helping my clients get to their car, when I go back down to grab that stringer. Shane, the guy that had shown up late, is on the phone talking to his buddy. I can tell he is giving the guy on the other end of the line a fishing report.

I grab hold of that 15ft piece of rope, and start walking towards the road, praying it wouldn't break in the current. I'm ten foot from the bank and all Shane can do is shake his head, because there is still another five foot of rope swaying like a big crappie cotton mouth in the current of the bar ditch, not to mention the forty fish that are dangling in the air like Christmas lights. Finally, I get the stringer out of the water, and I can hear Shane say "I'm going to have to call you back." He hung up that phone and gave me a pretty good dog cussing.

For the next three days, it was the same scenario. However many people I had, was how many limits I was going to catch. The only thing I regret was not weighing this big sow of a white crappie. She got weighed six hours later when my client got back to his Lake House at Fork, and went 2 pounds, 15 ounces. I wanted the white crappie record for CC so bad, and that might have been it. Oh well, he got the fish mounted and that was rewarding in itself.

Check Out The New Website!!!

TCU Alumni class of 2009

Owner/Operator Ft. Worth's Premiere Guide Service: www.ftworthfishing.com
817-266-9811

Re: Fish Story [Re: Chris H2Os] #11202198 11/02/15 11:39 PM
S
SheCrappieKilla Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
I know of a guy who claimed he knows, a lake in Texas with black nose crappie in it. That a 2 pound crappie is a small fish. That the 3 and 4 pound crappie were the more common size crappie that were caught.

You be the judge, fact or fiction?

I still call BS.

Re: Fish Story [Re: SheCrappieKilla] #11202204 11/02/15 11:49 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I know of a guy who claimed he knows, a lake in Texas with black nose crappie in it. That a 2 pound crappie is a small fish. That the 3 and 4 pound crappie were the more common size crappie that were caught.

I still call BS.

That one didn't include a certain turtle did it....?

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Fish Story [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11202232 11/03/15 12:12 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

I still call BS.

That one didn't include a certain turtle did it....?
Why yes..... yes it did. Yee Yee Live Action!

Bobby Barnett

Re: Fish Story [Re: Bobcat1] #11202264 11/03/15 12:31 AM
J
Joe Slab Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
cheers

Re: Fish Story [Re: Chris H2Os] #11202370 11/03/15 01:23 AM
M
MoFish! Offline
Angler
Angler
M
I remember several years back I was fishing on an early fall morning. I was near the bank close to a laydown that ran into the water. I noticed a squirrel setting on a limb that extended from the laydown toward the water line. He was just setting there chewing on an acorn. I wondered what he was doing out on that limb chewing on an acorn. A few minutes later a huge bass comes flying out of the water engulfing the squirrel in midair. I stood there on the deck of my boat mesmerized, not believing what I just witnessed. I moved on down the bank several yards and heard water splashing back near the laydown, so I turned to investigate the noise and to my disbelief a huge bass was rising up out of the water placing an acorn on the limb. Now top that

[Linked Image]
Re: Fish Story [Re: Chris H2Os] #11202387 11/03/15 01:32 AM
S
SheCrappieKilla Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Yep just like that man with one arm, he extended his arm out and said I caught one this long.

Re: Fish Story [Re: MoFish!] #11202639 11/03/15 03:57 AM
Bobcat1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: MoFish!
I remember several years back I was fishing on an early fall morning. I was near the bank close to a laydown that ran into the water. I noticed a squirrel setting on a limb that extended from the laydown toward the water line. He was just setting there chewing on an acorn. I wondered what he was doing out on that limb chewing on an acorn. A few minutes later a huge bass comes flying out of the water engulfing the squirrel in midair. I stood there on the deck of my boat mesmerized, not believing what I just witnessed. I moved on down the bank several yards and heard water splashing back near the laydown, so I turned to investigate the noise and to my disbelief a huge bass was rising up out of the water placing an acorn on the limb. Now top that
Can't be done. That's an all time world beater!

Bobby Barnett

Re: Fish Story [Re: MoFish!] #11202653 11/03/15 04:10 AM
Knot Normal Offline
Angler
Angler

Can't top that.......................... with a straight face anyway! roflmao grin

Randy

I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in!

Re: Fish Story [Re: MoFish!] #11202798 11/03/15 12:35 PM
C
cellis Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
C

Greatness roflmao

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide