A few of us are putting together a large mouth bass jackpot tourney on Lake Lavon...
When: Saturday November 14th - 6:00 till 1:00
Entry: $40/boat (w/ possible BB depending on turnout)
Where: Lavonia SOUTH
If you're interested in joining the "Lake Lavon Bass Fishing" facebook group, or if you have any questions regarding the tournament feel free to send me a PM.
– Tournament participants are encouraged to register as a member with the “Lake Lavon Bass Fishing” Facebook page for better planning and communication.
– A team will consist of one or two anglers per boat; only registered contestants may be in the boat during official tournament hours. A contestant may fish alone as a single person team.
2. ENTRY FEES/PAYOUTS
– Entry fee is $40 per team per tournament and includes Big Bass if that event has a Big Bass Pot
– All ties will be resolved by splitting that place and the next place’s money.
3. REGISTRATION/TOURNAMENT HOURS
– On-site registration will begin at 5:00 am the morning of the event. Each team must register in person at the designated site
–Trailering is not allowed. In the event of severe weather alternate take off instructions will be provided by the Tournament Director.
– It is the angler’s responsibility to get the official time from the Tournament Director.
4. PERMITTED FISHING METHODS
– Only artificial baits may be used. No live or cut bait is permitted (pork baits are permitted).
– All bass must be caught alive in a legal and sporting manner. No snagging.
– Each contestant may only use 1 rod at a time. No more than 1 line in the water at a time per angler.
– All fishing must be conducted from the boat. At no time may a contestant leave the boat to land a fish.
– Trolling with the combustion motor is not permitted.
- Some events may use a “poker chip” system for drawing boat numbers. At the beginning of each event, one team member will blindly draw a poker chip out of a hat with a number written on that chip. This serves two purposes. One, it fairly assigns that team their boat number and second the chip must be returned back to the tournament director by the designated time to prove that you checked back in on time. HANG ONTO YOUR CHIP, DO NOT LOSE IT!
– Each team’s weight will be measured in pounds and hundredths of ounces. The highest weight will be declared 1st place
6. LIVE FISH/WEIGH-IN
– A limit of five bass (Largemouth, Smallmouth and Guadalupe/Spotted) may be weighed in per team.
No team may have more than the tournament limit (3 or 5 bass - depending on Format) in the live well at any time during the tournament except during the short time frame of culling a fish.
– All fish must be a minimum of 14 inches; short fish presented for weigh-in will result in the loss of that particular fish.
– There will be a (1) pound fish care penalty for each dead bass presented for weigh-in. Culling of dead bass is prohibited.
– Weigh-in will be back at the launch site according to the appointed time.
– All contestants are required to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy,safety and conservation.
– Safe boating must be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to wear a fastened (fully zipped and/or all clips fastened) U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device any time the boat is above idle. All boats must be equipped with an emergency ignition shut-off device, which must be securely attached to the driver’s body any time the boat is above idle.
–Tournament hours may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or any conditions that would endanger the safety of the competitors at the Tournament Director’s sole and absolute discretion.
– In case of inclement weather it will be the contestant’s decision to stay and fish or seek shelter/leave. Once tournament fees are paid and the tournament has begun there will be no refunds for any reason.
– Mobile communication devices are encouraged for safety reasons but their use is prohibited during tournament hours for the purposes of finding or locating fish.
Edited by T-Gauntt (11/11/15 01:39 PM)