Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,039,185
Posts13,960,532
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Have multiple days off the next 2 weeks, where should I go? #11196327 10/30/15 11:10 PM
E
erittmueller Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
E
Over the next 2 weeks I have 5 days off plus weekends and would like some advice on an attack plan. This summer has been the first time ever using lures so still learning where and when to use what. I'm wanting to stock up my freezer before I have a high work schedule. I live in Addison and am wanting to keep to DFW and surrounding areas. Will be fishing from shore and wanting to catch anything or everything. My biggest concern is that I'm not experienced in fall fishing pattern taking into consideration the upcoming rain that is forecast. Where should I go and should I fish deeper, rip rap, slack near current, large areas of still water, during rain or after, etc? So far I'm thinking White Rock spillway, Trinity at 635/Luna, the Elm Fork dams, and Timber Creek dam. Honestly though I really don't know what to do and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Have multiple days off the next 2 weeks, where should I go? [Re: erittmueller] #11196383 10/30/15 11:45 PM
L
Lovfldx Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Pick a spot, any spot, they are biting like crazy everywhere. Elm Fork has been great, only two dams accessible right now though. Certain public ponds in Las Colinas have been on fire, and the variety has been impressive. Last night between 10:30 and 11:30 pm, in Las Colinas, caught a ton of crappie, all dinks, but fun, black bass, yellow bass, channel catfish, bluegill, and green and longear sunfish. No keepers but action was non stop. First big thick pile of crappie I have found this fall. They will get to keeper size, I have no doubt, the deeper we go into the fall and winter. All on a tricolor hollow body tube jig, red, green and chartreuse, on a 1/32 nd. oz. UNPAINTED jig head, on 6 lb test. LC has caution sign up that recent floodings may have made water hazardous, but I am just catching and releasing anyway, so I could care less about that. Also, Bachman lake is starting to show some bass feeding along shoreline all around the lake, spinners, and inlines have been the ticket. And judging by the size of the crowds under the bridge behind the Whataburger during the day, and looking at the size of the brush and debris pile under the bridge and around the concrete pilings, the crappie must be starting to show up.

I will have some free time this week as well, PM me and maybe we can hit up on a few fish.

Rudy

Re: Have multiple days off the next 2 weeks, where should I go? [Re: erittmueller] #11201171 11/02/15 02:34 PM
B
BMART Offline
Angler
Angler
B
Heard lewisville spillway is producing especially hybrids, only issue is they are open only on weekends, but the water is extremely good and you don't have to worry about consumption issues, anything south especially after the sandy lake dam area is suspect with water quality, sewer pipes busting etc etc. Went to grapevine Katy woods area and tore them out, again not worrying about ponds and canals and suspect water quality, the water off the cliffs at Katy woods are 25-30 feet deep and sandies and kitties are plentiful in that area, better to keep fish from a large body of water for consumption

If it's legal ain't no way in hell it's catch and release, it's CATCH & GREASE, except ROUGH (TRASH) Fish
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide