Forums59
Topics1,037,816
Posts13,935,006
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Richard McCarty] #11180203 10/23/15 02:59 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted By: Richard McCarty
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Originally Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master
Great Report Mark thanks i just love the lake too i been going to fork since 91-07 then started back in 2012 and catch fish almost every time out only been 3-4 times i have zeroed since coming back in 2012.
love your reports keep em' coming.
Originally Posted By: Richard McCarty
Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Nice Mark!

But, do you have a clue as to what made Lake Fork the jewel of Texas fishing lakes?

I heard somewhere that you can read about it and look at the records, but unless you were a part of it, you'll never grasp it.

I see where I had a post deleted, so I'll be nicer with my language.
I've been a part of Lake Fork since I was 23 years old, and Lake Fork has been a part of me as long.
Honestly, Doug R., you disagree with my assessment of Fork, but in reality, you don't have a clue as to what this lake was.
You, and Mr. Perry, COMBINED, don't have the history behind you about Lake Fork, that I, and others have, much less, the experience, or Knowledge.

Sir I started fishing Fork when I was I was 15 in 1984. I fished it a lot from then until 1995 when I quit fishing for approx 10 years and started back in 2005. So, I was present during the "good ole days".

You, from what I've heard have a lot more experience with the lake than almost anyone, nobody including myself seems to question that. Not sure if you want a pat on the back or a crown or something. I have stated that in other threads I agree with the fact Fork has been beat to death by pressure and also Mother Nature.

So, what exactly is your deal? Why do you try and bash others and make people look like you're the only person, along with a few others that know about the lake? There are many people that know Fork and have fished it through the good and bad times. You don't have to be a guide to put a lot of time on the water.

I'm not sure if you know Mark, I do and he's a friend and a good guy. So me poking fun at him and using your post that was honestly rude and tainted with arrogance, shouldn't bother you. But, apparently it does.

Lakes get old and go through periods of being less productive. Fork is there now. The lake will never be what it was "back in the day". And the pompous attitude you display towards anyone that's not in your "inner circle" is tiring and that's my option and I'll stick to it and own it .

I never claimed to posses 1% of the knowledge you have of Lake Fork and I never will, but I do know you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Sir, your post was a blatant, sarcastic attack against me, and a post I made on another thread.
I do not have an "inner circle" as you propose.
My only concern, is the future of Lake Fork.
Again, if I am alone in this campaign to raise awareness about protecting Lake Fork, I am willing to take your criticism.

I took your personal attack on Mark from another thread and posted it to rib Mark. I'm sure you're older than I am, so I'm certain you must realize if you make blatant statements that others may, for a lack of a better term, consider arrogant and somewhat absurd on a public forum, you might think they could be referenced or posted again.

If I hurt your feelings that wasn't my intention. If so, I apologize. My only knowledge of you first hand is from what you've posted on here and I stand by my opinion that those posts have an air of arrogance. I stand by it and I own it.

No hard feelings on my part.

Thanks

#MFGA
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180228 10/23/15 03:14 AM
epicoutdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Some of you guys are absolutely ate up with your own BS. It's great to hit the TFF and get an internet high five from your homers when you got some quality bites on Fork today. Yipidee-shatzz, good going and congrats. I guess it's a thing from the "everybody gets a trophy" generation. There are, of course, still good fish in the lake to be caught.

Now, maybe try and pay attention. Nature throws us curve balls and things change. People are slow to react if they react at all. Lake Fork could possibly benefit and come back around to some extent with a good management plan. R.M. is making an effort to even bring up the conversation and discuss some possible ways to improve things in the near future and it is being met with a bunch of shallow minded blabbering at best. The TFF isn't really friendly to those that don't have a rainbow shining out of thier arse.

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180238 10/23/15 03:20 AM
RW Fred Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Mark,

Appreciate your reports. Keep them coming. I prefer to know how the fishing on Fork is today, since I will be heading there soon.

Darn it, can't fish yesterday, just today and tomorrow.

Take care.

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180248 10/23/15 03:24 AM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
My post to Mr. Perry in the other thread started with,"respectfully",
You are not the first to accuse me of "having an air of arrogance"
Due to the fact that I am somewhat an introvert, I'll excuse that.
Again, my sole concern is the future of Lake Fork.
I would truly like to see others experience what I was fortunate to experience.
If we keep on the current direction, future fishers will never be able to.
I also stand by my convictions, and own them, even if I own them alone.

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180249 10/23/15 03:24 AM
Fish Killer Offline
Big Sexy
Big Sexy
Talk about getting derailed........

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

You want to make a difference in life? Take a kid fishing!
Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180282 10/23/15 03:54 AM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
ibtl

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180286 10/23/15 04:01 AM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
I've only fished the lake for a couple of years. More often than not, I get less than hoped for but have had enough great days to keep going back knowing that those fish are still there. Its reports like these that get my hopes up when things are slow for me. Will be back this weekend rain or shine. cheers

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180287 10/23/15 04:03 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
The internet has killed more bass than "LMBV" (really bull [censored] - TPW sprayed the grass and killed the bass)...... Richard is alright......he's just saying what most people won't..... Let the hydrilla grow and don't allow a single tournament for 24 months and see what happens......

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180288 10/23/15 04:04 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180311 10/23/15 04:32 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
I laughed! Get a sense of humor, people.

I just don't understand, well, yeah I do... The thought is, 'we had our time on the lake', that's all that matters! I also find it interesting that the 50 fish days didn't do the harm that the tournaments do. Shouldn't there be some blame pointed AT the "old timers", if the lake isn't what it used to be?

Oh, that's said with "All Due Respect":

Quote:

Mr. Dennit: Ricky, your little obscene gesture is going to cost you 100 points. Do you know how much that costs us in sponsorship dollars?
Ricky: With all due respect, Mr. Dennit, I had no idea you'd gotten experimental surgery to have your balls removed.
Mr. Dennit: What did you just say to me?
Ricky: What? I said it with all due respect!
Mr. Dennit: Just because you say that doesn't mean you get to say whatever you want to say to me!
Ricky: It sure as hell does!
Mr. Dennit: No, it doesn't--
Ricky: It's in the Geneva Conventions, look it up!

Last edited by David Burton; 10/23/15 04:39 AM.

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180422 10/23/15 11:43 AM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
I agree! When it's to their benefit it is ok. Same as some of the guides! They want tournaments shut down, but yet they stick more fish than anyone. I am sure a few of those don't quite get the hook in the proper area, and expire. It always amuses me to see the ones with a hidden agenda start spouting off about how all would be well if just the tournaments were banned. Get a grip people! We all pay the same to fish this great state! Just because you decided to make a risky career out of fishing... Not our problem, get a different career or move to the coast!

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180445 10/23/15 12:07 PM
B
bassmanrudy Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Mark- Keep the reports coming!! I rarely get to fish Fork so like knowing what is going on in case I get a weekend to sneak away and fish it. My biggest is only 5.5lbs out there and have seen slots up to 8lbs but I have read enough to know a DD isn't out of the question on any cast.

To ALL the other "posters" who don't have anything to contribute to the ORIGINAL POST then why they F are you commenting??????? As an angler who is just looking for "info" I don't give any flying "f's" about how high and mighty you may be. And honestly just from reading comments from you on several of Mark's "info" posts if I saw you on the ramp it will be hard to get past the first "impression" I have just from reading all of this.

If ADMIN on this site cares about the "info" then delete ALL the other comments(and mine included) and send all the other BS to the Forum "off topic" where you can talk about how big your "%^&$" is or how much "knowledge" you have and that makes you so so much "better" cus frankly THAT is the Forum for that kind of [censored] and this is the Fishing REPORTS section!!!

3 pages of replies and only the original post is relevant... :-(

Thanks...

Last edited by bassmanrudy; 10/23/15 12:08 PM.

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: SkeeterRonnie] #11180472 10/23/15 12:28 PM
R
Richard McCarty Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Originally Posted By: BasscatRonnie
I agree! When it's to their benefit it is ok. Same as some of the guides! They want tournaments shut down, but yet they stick more fish than anyone. I am sure a few of those don't quite get the hook in the proper area, and expire. It always amuses me to see the ones with a hidden agenda start spouting off about how all would be well if just the tournaments were banned. Get a grip people! We all pay the same to fish this great state! Just because you decided to make a risky career out of fishing... Not our problem, get a different career or move to the coast!

I have no hidden agenda.
I do not have to fish another day for pay.
I've never proposed a ban on tournaments.
Since I referenced my history and time on the water, I've been accused of "elevating" myself above other anglers on this forum, and having an "air of arrogance".
This is, and was not my intent.
Maybe I can clarify my agenda.
NATURE is the reason that Fork is in a bit of a struggle, not tournaments, or guides, or live-bait fishermen.
6 years of draught, with little to no vegetation has led to very low fry survival, decreasing numbers of all age classes.
Fish die on this lake, everyday, human caused death, and natural causes.
A healthy lake needs to provide the recruits to replace those that die.
The previous 6 years, due to NATURAL conditions, the recruitment has been very low, but the fish deaths continued at the same,(normal) rate, regardless of the cause.
This year, NATURE provided Lake Fork with a gift.
High water, and flooded vegetation, created a perfect environment for fry to survive.
There are yearling bass everywhere.
My agenda, is to point out this fact, hopefully bringing awareness that if we protect as many of these yearlings, until they reach 16 inches and are protected by TPWD regulations, we have the chance to give the overall population a boost over the next several years.
I know that this is just 1 year class and is not the perfect scenario for a balanced population, but currently it's all we have to go with.
They just need a little protection.
I don't see how anybody can criticize my intentions.
This is not about me, it is simply about my concern for the lake.

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180477 10/23/15 12:31 PM
Ken A. Online Content
Groovy
Online Content
Groovy

I saved a ton of money on my car insurance switching to Geico....

Re: Couple of fun days on Fork- 10/21-10/22 [Re: Mark Perry] #11180505 10/23/15 12:51 PM
C
CTA Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Thanks for the report Mark. Sounds like a fun day.

Way to many people drinking the "fork is dead" koolaid.

In 2014 some dude weighed in 110lbs in a 3 day event. What other lake in the country has anybody been able to do this? Not only do it but to do it consistently?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide