texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,021
TexDawg 119,788
Bigbob_FTW 95,327
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,356
Mark Perry 72,488
Derek 🐝 68,322
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,911
Posts13,955,157
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: RedRaider3933] #6018771 04/01/11 01:59 PM
E
EmbraceTheTug Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Originally Posted By: RedRaider3933
Originally Posted By: Whiskey Six5
I have yet to find the LMB bite on OakPoint, which is sad because it really is a nice little lake.

I have never fished BW, but seems like it gets a lot of pressure...

Probably because TPWD didn't stock it with LMB. hammer

Well they must have spontaneously appeared...

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5910189/A_little_pond_jumping#Post5910189

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: planogator] #8840576 04/18/13 02:57 PM
J
jwheal Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
I just caught a 3+ lb LMB out at OakPoint last night. I used a 1/4 oz rooster tail and worked the banks. I also caught 8 LMB less than 1 lb and a [censored] load of small but aggresive crappie. I even caught a nice bluegill on this setup. All were caught within 10 feet of bank.

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: planogator] #8840801 04/18/13 03:45 PM
G
GoldSpoonr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Can you fish Oak Pointe at night? (legally)

If you feel like a riot
Then dont you deny it
Put your good foot forward
Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: GoldSpoonr] #8840984 04/18/13 04:21 PM
F
Fishin_Ren Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Originally Posted By: GoldSpoonr

The park is open 24/7, there are no signs that state otherwise so I assume yes you can.

The pursuit (where are the fish), rigs design and setup, scouting, the awesome feeling of casting your rigs 100+ yards out, the total focus on the fish and the elements, the outdoors... the total exhaustion at the end of your fishing day,... the cooler full of fish to bring home... Yeah, I'm going to miss bank fishing!
Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: Fishin_Ren] #8841450 04/18/13 06:13 PM
G
GoldSpoonr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G
Originally Posted By: Fishin_Ren_lol

The park is open 24/7, there are no signs that state otherwise so I assume yes you can.

Thanks Ren!

What is feeding the lake?
Rowlett Creek?

Last edited by GoldSpoonr; 04/18/13 06:13 PM.

If you feel like a riot
Then dont you deny it
Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: planogator] #8841533 04/18/13 06:31 PM
C
Crappiejig Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
were is the oak pointe pond located

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: GoldSpoonr] #8841627 04/18/13 06:56 PM
F
Fishin_Ren Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F

Thanks Ren!

Rowlett Creek?

Good question! RC does not feeds into this lake (large pond), the pond has ~2-3' dam, and dump water into RC. Unless there is a spring water in the middle of this pond, I say it's a natural water pool of the surrounding hills watershed.

Talking about those hills, the preserve is teems with wild life, the wooded area along the creek below (sought of) the pond has good natural hiking trails, great for kids and adults alike. We always spotted some wildlife in there, tracks every where,but be careful with the creek banks, they are deep and steep...

Also, if you go, I highly recommend you take your kids strolling across the natural prairie to the east of the pond, it is full of little "highways", tunnels in the thick grass criss cross the grassy field. Birds, lots of birds in this preserve. thumb

We don't fish there but we always see people fishing, and there is fishing pier on the pond, and you can see little fish swimming all around the bank... and ripples all over the pond surface, so I know it's a good fishing pond....

My hat is off to the City of Plano, they are doing a good job on this nature preserve and other parks, such as the ARBOR HILLS NATURE PRESERVE on far west side of Plano, that park also has a creek with little fish swimming all over the place, and yes birds and wildlife,... they are awesome/best parks within a city limits. thumb

The pursuit (where are the fish), rigs design and setup, scouting, the awesome feeling of casting your rigs 100+ yards out, the total focus on the fish and the elements, the outdoors... the total exhaustion at the end of your fishing day,... the cooler full of fish to bring home... Yeah, I'm going to miss bank fishing!
Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: Crappiejig] #8841654 04/18/13 07:01 PM
F
Fishin_Ren Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
Originally Posted By: Crappiejig
were is the oak pointe pond located

in Plano just south of Allen

Take I-75 to Plano, exit E. Spring Creek Pkwy, head east, turn left on Jupiter road, then right on Los Rios blvd, park entrance is on your right.

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: planogator] #8842128 04/18/13 08:51 PM
T
thumbhookedagain Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Hat's off to the City of Plano, their Parks and Rec do a great job. Lot's of great fishing holes all over. thumb

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: Fishin_Ren] #8845277 04/19/13 03:04 PM
G
GoldSpoonr Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G

Thanks Ren!

Rowlett Creek?

Good question! RC does not feeds into this lake (large pond), the pond has ~2-3' dam, and dump water into RC. Unless there is a spring water in the middle of this pond, I say it's a natural water pool of the surrounding hills watershed.

Talking about those hills, the preserve is teems with wild life, the wooded area along the creek below (sought of) the pond has good natural hiking trails, great for kids and adults alike. We always spotted some wildlife in there, tracks every where,but be careful with the creek banks, they are deep and steep...

Also, if you go, I highly recommend you take your kids strolling across the natural prairie to the east of the pond, it is full of little "highways", tunnels in the thick grass criss cross the grassy field. Birds, lots of birds in this preserve. thumb

We don't fish there but we always see people fishing, and there is fishing pier on the pond, and you can see little fish swimming all around the bank... and ripples all over the pond surface, so I know it's a good fishing pond....

My hat is off to the City of Plano, they are doing a good job on this nature preserve and other parks, such as the ARBOR HILLS NATURE PRESERVE on far west side of Plano, that park also has a creek with little fish swimming all over the place, and yes birds and wildlife,... they are awesome/best parks within a city limits. thumb

Agreed!

If you feel like a riot
Then dont you deny it
Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: planogator] #8850307 04/21/13 04:15 AM
A
Aquiles Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A
Why would even consider a pnd when youu have the whole Spring Creek / creek with Chisolm Trail running along side it . I caught my new PB there a couple of weeks ago and have been cathing big ones there after work consitently . my new PB is about 18 inches and I'm sure weighted over 5 lbs . Pictures aare lousey wish I'd had somone to help but trying to get it still by the tape measure and take pics without hurting it proved to much for me . but sincerly Thre are some giants on the bright sunny days concentrate on the slittest shadow or deep water . I looked over the edge and under a bush and there weree 3 the smallest easily 16 inches .. All I did was drop a zoom lizard didnt even have to cast . Also some reall really huge carp and some really nice bluegill. try to start at corner of spring creek and custard and work your way down . under the first bridge in the real shallow by the first colum theres a big female being garded by two males but I couldnt get them to take a lure at all .

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: planogator] #11163440 10/14/15 03:15 PM
S
SVH80 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Can anyone give an update to any of these spots? The weather is great and I'd like to get my 4 year-old out to catch something larger than his hand! Thanks for the input!

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: planogator] #11164537 10/14/15 09:55 PM
Y
YAKaddict Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Y
Yep , they've all been fished out by....pffft EVERYONE! I used to fish all the areas mentioned and I've seen people using throw nets to take fish , and people taking fish out to keep them on rod and reel. Its sad that all these areas fished good until people found out about them. Rule #1 is dont share your spots on the forum , plenty of people have found out the hard way me included.

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: SVH80] #11169007 10/16/15 09:55 PM
F
Fisherman13 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: SVH80
Can anyone give an update to any of these spots? The weather is great and I'd like to get my 4 year-old out to catch something larger than his hand! Thanks for the input!

Try the catch and release pond at Plano East High School or you could try Stoney Hollow its off of Coldwater Creek. Also got Shawnee Park, Big Lake, and The Davis Library pond. I would say check out Bob Woodruff but I never have luck out there at all. Oak Point can be tough as well. Another pond I haven't had much luck at is Russell Creek, thats about all the places I know off hand that are open to the public with no worries of tresspassing or anything.

Re: Ponds in Plano [Re: YAKaddict] #11169026 10/16/15 10:00 PM
F
Fisherman13 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Originally Posted By: YAKaddict
Yep , they've all been fished out by....pffft EVERYONE! I used to fish all the areas mentioned and I've seen people using throw nets to take fish , and people taking fish out to keep them on rod and reel. Its sad that all these areas fished good until people found out about them. Rule #1 is dont share your spots on the forum , plenty of people have found out the hard way me included.

Your right a lot of the ponds in plano used to be much better. Fishing has gone way down at a lot of places.

Last edited by Fisherman13; 10/16/15 10:01 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide