Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11162914 - 10/14/15 03:02 AM Something You dont see
papamark Offline
Mini Tractor

Loc: Winnsboro
Everyday,

Last Saturday we were fishing a tournament on Fork we came upon a spot we wanted to fish and there was a boat already there. It was a lady from Indiana and she was in a older Champion. we idled past her and asked if she was catching anything and she said, not yet. She the asked if we were fishing a tournament and we said yes maam, she then said to us, I will move and let you have this spot. We told here we would go down an little ways and for her to go ahead and fish that area. We idled to the next are a and there was another boat there, and the guy fishing it also asked if we were in a Tournament and we said yea we are , he said, here, fish this area , I will move out of your way.

This is the first time on Fork that this has ever happened to me, usually its the other way. People pull right up on ya and start fishing. I would like to say thank you to the lady from Indiana in the Champ and the gentleman in the bass cat.

#11162916 - 10/14/15 03:15 AM Re: Something You dont see [Re: papamark]
txfsh Offline
Angler

Loc: Weatherford
That seems to be getting a thing of the past. Common courtesy on our lakes is getting lost. Kudos to those two that still have it and are leading the way to others. Pay it forward.

#11162960 - 10/14/15 05:43 AM Re: Something You dont see [Re: papamark]
Jigfish Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Tx
I'm like that, If I know the boat behind me or coming into an area I'm fishing I will let them take the lead.

Kaufman High School Boat Captain

The weak call it obsession, the strong call it dedication!
Jigfish

#11162990 - 10/14/15 06:13 AM Re: Something You dont see [Re: papamark]
SteezMacQueen Online   happy
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Red Oak, Galveston, and Pagosa...
I was fishing a tournament with Josh Bertrand a few Saturday's ago. He was the same way. So VERY NICE. he would head in towards a set of boat docks and see some guys crappie fishing and say to me,"we can't fish that dock" , or he would see a lady bank fishing in a channel and totally leave the channel. Saying " bank fishing... I remember the days when that's all I could do". If he saw a local on a spot, he wouldn't even get near them.

#11163121 - 10/14/15 07:41 AM Re: Something You dont see [Re: papamark]
skeeter james Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Corinth,tx
Papamark, back when the Elite 50 tournament came to Lake Lewisville, my buddy and I went and watched a few guys for awhile then went on to some of our spots to fish. While fishing a spot we've been fishing for years in a marina, I glance over and see a wrapped boat starting to back out of our spot. I waved at them to come on in and fish. He came on in and we moved all the way against the boat docks and let him have the entire area. When he was done he idled up by us and started cussing at us and saying that he was pissed because we had stole his spot and that every time he went to a spot of his we were there.
We got into a pretty heated cussing match and then he said "oh the guy I'm talking about his boat had green carpet" mine was grey. Then he storms off waking my boat into the dock, not real hard, but enough to [censored] anyone off... The fisherman was Denny Brauer... before this I really liked and had alot of respect for him, not anymore, he showed his true colors that day...

North Texas Bass Tournaments
NTBT
James Moore
CEO and president of NTBT
214-458-8024

Feel free to pm me here or call or text me with any questions, ideas or suggestions.

James Moore
214-458-8024

#11163585 - 10/14/15 11:33 AM Re: Something You dont see [Re: papamark]
redskeeter190 Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Knoxville, TN
I don't mind letting someone fish in my spot.....they may catch a fish on a different lure that I'm using.....then...I've learned something.....

#11163598 - 10/14/15 11:37 AM Re: Something You dont see [Re: skeeter james]
Ted Martin Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By: skeeter james
The fisherman was Denny Brauer...

he seems to be a rather grumpy individual - lol

#11163612 - 10/14/15 11:43 AM Re: Something You dont see [Re: skeeter james]
forkvet Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Justin.Tx
Its tempting sometimes to "move in" on another boat especially in a tour. where you know there are fish but, I also found out you can still pull those fish out going right behind someone w/o pushing. I fished in the old US Bass and couple of others with Denny. The bigger tournaments will show you right quick who is and who can be the most obnoxious. boxing

#11163664 - 10/14/15 12:00 PM Re: Something You dont see [Re: skeeter james]
Garvin Offline
Angler

Loc: Texas
Papamark, back when the Elite 50 tournament came to Lake Lewisville, my buddy and I went and watched a few guys for awhile then went on to some of our spots to fish. While fishing a spot we've been fishing for years in a marina, I glance over and see a wrapped boat starting to back out of our spot. I waved at them to come on in and fish. He came on in and we moved all the way against the boat docks and let him have the entire area. When he was done he idled up by us and started cussing at us and saying that he was pissed because we had stole his spot and that every time he went to a spot of his we were there.
We got into a pretty heated cussing match and then he said "oh the guy I'm talking about his boat had green carpet" mine was grey. Then he storms off waking my boat into the dock, not real hard, but enough to [censored] anyone off... The fisherman was Denny Brauer... before this I really liked and had alot of respect for him, not anymore, he showed his true colors that day...

That's wild. And ironic. I would expect pro anglers to be super nice to everyone they meet on the lake since the money they get from their sponsors ultimately comes from you, me, and even the guy with the green carpet.

"The problem with quotes on the internet is having to ascertain whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln

#11163858 - 10/14/15 12:53 PM Re: Something You dont see [Re: papamark]
Tommy Yetts Offline
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Rockwall, TX USA
Did hell freeze over!!!!!

www.rockwallmarine.com

#11164341 - 10/14/15 03:48 PM Re: Something You dont see [Re: papamark]
Lowly Net Boy Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Between here and there
Hate to argue with you, but there is no way you were on Fork and have that happen

I thought a thought, that I thought I had thought, but the thought that I had thought, wasnt the thought that I had thought I had thought, so maybe if I had thought the thought that I thought I thought, I wouldn't of thought so much

#11164353 - 10/14/15 03:52 PM Re: Something You dont see [Re: papamark]
Ricky Taylor Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Midlothian, Texas
I have a question for y'all. Is it okay to pull up 75-90 yards behind a boat and fish behind them knowing that they are moving down a stretch of bank?

#11164402 - 10/14/15 04:12 PM Re: Something You dont see [Re: Ricky Taylor]
lipjerk Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Lantana,Tx
Originally Posted By: Ricky Taylor
I have a question for y'all. Is it okay to pull up 75-90 yards behind a boat and fish behind them knowing that they are moving down a stretch of bank?

Yup

#11164624 - 10/14/15 05:19 PM Re: Something You dont see [Re: Ricky Taylor]
M. Alexander Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Rowlett, TX
Originally Posted By: Ricky Taylor

I think most would say that is perfectly acceptable. A gray area I have trouble with is how far AHEAD of someone is it okay to pull in front of...100, 150, never...what say y'all?

#11164947 - 10/14/15 06:29 PM Re: Something You dont see [Re: Garvin]
skeeter james Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Corinth,tx
Originally Posted By: Garvin

That's wild. And ironic. I would expect pro anglers to be super nice to everyone they meet on the lake since the money they get from their sponsors ultimately comes from you, me, and even the guy with the green carpet.

I thought we had been nice letting him come in and fish and backing way away and then he came up with that attitude... oh well, some people are just jerks!!

North Texas Bass Tournaments
NTBT
James Moore
CEO and president of NTBT
214-458-8024

Feel free to pm me here or call or text me with any questions, ideas or suggestions.

James Moore
214-458-8024

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide