Forums59
Topics1,038,938
Posts13,955,881
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11165472 10/15/15 02:24 AM
B
Buz Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
So for you folks with degrees in physics....UV is normally, not always, but normally produced by being in sunlight, unless your holding a UV light source.....so I'm somewhat of at a loss to understand how these baits painted with this "UV Blast" paint would help during night time fishing, and for that matter, daytime fishing ? Even if you held a UV light source above the water line, given the band pass filter of water, if I remember correctly, penetration of the UV rays would be, at best, several inches, not 10, 20 or 30 feet? Still attempting to understand how you could get these baits the "Luminance" during daytime or night time fishing.

I'm all for any and all help I can get when fishing for "Crappie", so please help me understand the science of this "UV Blast" paint when underwater, but please help me understand the laws of physics as it relates to this product......

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: Buz] #11165778 10/15/15 08:21 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Buz
So for you folks with degrees in physics....UV is normally, not always, but normally produced by being in sunlight, unless your holding a UV light source.....so I'm somewhat of at a loss to understand how these baits painted with this "UV Blast" paint would help during night time fishing, and for that matter, daytime fishing ? Even if you held a UV light source above the water line, given the band pass filter of water, if I remember correctly, penetration of the UV rays would be, at best, several inches, not 10, 20 or 30 feet? Still attempting to understand how you could get these baits the "Luminance" during daytime or night time fishing.

I'm all for any and all help I can get when fishing for "Crappie", so please help me understand the science of this "UV Blast" paint when underwater, but please help me understand the laws of physics as it relates to this product......

In a nutshell, and from what I understand, (I am no genius), fish can see UV light.

How do I know that, I read it on the Internet! Just kidding!

But my first statement, comes from scientific research. We all have probably read how light diminishes the deeper the water is, but at the end of the day, yes limited amounts of lights get to the bottom of the lake. Apparently UV light will also penetrate deeper & darker murky water.

From what I understand, UV Blast coated jig jeads do not glow like I have shown in the pictures, but will reflect UV light. Since UV light is invisable to the human eye, the only way to highlight UV Blast coated jigs, is to use the light as seen.

Fish can see UV light, and the jig heads with UV Blast will reflect/refract light that Fish can see. Light is the source of the UV wavelength, so your statement to fish at night, probably not much UV getting thru.

That is the scientific stuff, and for real life, hopefully some will chime in, fishing side by side, using the same exact baits, jig heads coated with UV blast, being the only difference, reports are that the UV blast coated jig heads out fish non UV blast coated jig heads. Nothing scientific about that statement, just real people using this product. So the edge, is that attention to the jig is noticed by fish because of the reflection/refraction of UV light.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Why play with the rest when you can fish with the Best... RonRig !!
Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11166012 10/15/15 12:54 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
If you want to read some technical research: http://www.int-res.com/articles/meps/131/m131p257.pdf

Here's a simple explanation:
"In answering the question, How far do UV rays penetrate water? it is important to note that there are many variables to be considered, among them are the condition of the body of water and its clarity, various components within water can absorb UV radiation. Anyone who has ever had a sunburn from swimming will tell you that they burn worse in water than they do sunbathing on the beach. The waters surface scatters and reflects UV rays so that a person gets hit by both the direct rays of the sun and the reflected ones as well, and it is this phenomena that contributes to the more extensive sunburn that swimmers can receive. About thirty percent of the initial UV intensity is lost at the waters surface due to reflection. The remaining seventy percent gets scattered further as it moves deeper into the water, but the rate of scatter is difficult to estimate, and can be variable depending upon the murkiness or presence of particles in the water. A rule of thumb is that as long as light is still visible beneath the water, it is possible for there to be a presence of UV rays."

From other articles I've read, the statement is made that UV light is the wave length seen most easily by fish. How that was determined, I don't have a clue. But research articles tend to confirm that the UV spectrum is the most visible light to fish at greater depths.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: Ken Gaby] #11167109 10/15/15 08:49 PM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
If you want to read some technical research: http://www.int-res.com/articles/meps/131/m131p257.pdf

Here's a simple explanation:
"In answering the question, How far do UV rays penetrate water? it is important to note that there are many variables to be considered, among them are the condition of the body of water and its clarity, various components within water can absorb UV radiation. Anyone who has ever had a sunburn from swimming will tell you that they burn worse in water than they do sunbathing on the beach. The waters surface scatters and reflects UV rays so that a person gets hit by both the direct rays of the sun and the reflected ones as well, and it is this phenomena that contributes to the more extensive sunburn that swimmers can receive. About thirty percent of the initial UV intensity is lost at the waters surface due to reflection. The remaining seventy percent gets scattered further as it moves deeper into the water, but the rate of scatter is difficult to estimate, and can be variable depending upon the murkiness or presence of particles in the water. A rule of thumb is that as long as light is still visible beneath the water, it is possible for there to be a presence of UV rays."

From other articles I've read, the statement is made that UV light is the wave length seen most easily by fish. How that was determined, I don't have a clue. But research articles tend to confirm that the UV spectrum is the most visible light to fish at greater depths.

Thanks Ken!

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11167171 10/15/15 09:15 PM
T
TX0303 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I think if the process does not cost the consumer any extra, then there is no harm as it may do some good in fishing.
That said, the human eye cannot see UV light, therefore you can't really demonstrate the difference in before and after with a regular camera. Some of your jig heads do not glow in the pictures as they reflect the violet "blacklight" range of light we can see, but they may in fact be glowing in the UV range.
If you can borrow a night-vision rifle scope, some which have built in cameras, then you could do an actual UV range comparison as these convert the UV rays into a wavelength we can see.

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11167325 10/15/15 10:42 PM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Great points.
Great idea but I don't have access to either.
I just have to rely on my testing as well as other testing.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11167777 10/16/15 02:42 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
After many requests, NekidTackle has added the color "White" with UV blast.
Our customers asked, and since we are a local company, we are ramping up to fill requests for UV Blast White.
Pictures will be posted in the next couple of days.
Thanks again, TFF!
Ron and Family.

Last edited by NekidTackle; 10/16/15 02:43 AM.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11180379 10/23/15 10:22 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
UV Blast is a Game Changer, I can't keep white Crappie Jigs in Stock, so I took Picture of some of my other Jig Heads, on the left.
Thanks to everyone who have placed orders, 6000 hooks arrived last night, and most current orders will be shipped Saturday.

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11181557 10/23/15 09:11 PM
Laner Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I've been producing baits and jig heads with UV enhancements for a couple of years now. Coincidentally, I guided with those same products for a couple of years. In most cases, I don't think UV really makes that much of a difference. I feel that the UV enhancements really come into play on dark days and in deep water.

Check Out The New Website!!!

TCU Alumni class of 2009

Owner/Operator Ft. Worth's Premiere Guide Service: www.ftworthfishing.com
817-266-9811

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: Laner] #11182397 10/24/15 11:53 AM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Guide Lane Palmer
I've been producing baits and jig heads with UV enhancements for a couple of years now. Coincidentally, I guided with those same products for a couple of years. In most cases, I don't think UV really makes that much of a difference. I feel that the UV enhancements really come into play on dark days and in deep water.

Mr. Palmer you are spot on, we find the reason these jig heads work so good is because often times in Brush Piles, condo's, Slips, and structure that Crappie tend to hang out in, have low light conditions. The UV Blast does in fact reflect/refract uv light that penetrates where normal light does not. And yes, deep and low light conditions, again the UV light will reflect/refract, making these jig heads view-able to all kinds of fish. This is the edge that UV Blast provides the fisherman. Reports are that when fishing identical baits, line etc, my customers are out-catching their friends that do not use UV Blast coated jigs. I will offer the same to all of my jig heads, as well as my hand tied buck-tail Jigs. We are experimenting with RonRig blades.

When this overcoat is applied to any surface, if cured properly, the paint hardened even more. I have tried to clean hook eyes, and believe me it is a chore once the powder paint and UV Blast cure..it is that tough!

Thanks again for your insight,
Ron

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11184776 10/25/15 05:03 PM
N
NekidTackle Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
N

www.nekidtackle.com
Home of the RonRig!

Like Us On Facebook

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11186685 10/26/15 12:54 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Hey Ron, Save my 25 or so of those chartreuse and 25 or so of those pink UV glow ones and let me know when I can stop by.

They look good!!!

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: NekidTackle] #11186832 10/26/15 02:13 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: NekidTackle

I'm assuming pictured above is for Guy Skinner and I..... banana

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11186848 10/26/15 02:20 PM
BlueNitro Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish
Originally Posted By: NekidTackle

I'm assuming pictured above is for Guy Skinner and I..... banana

Cancel my order Ron. I'll just borrow some from David!!!

LiftSaver Trolling Motor Mounting Bracket - Patent Pending and LiftSaver Transducer Pole Mount
www.liftsavertmmount.com
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Works with MG Xi5, Xi3 and MK Terrova, Ulterra, PD V2 and Riptides as well.

Re: Pictures of Jig Heads coated with UV Blast - AMAZING [Re: BlueNitro] #11186909 10/26/15 02:43 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
Cancel my order Ron. I'll just borrow some from David!!!

Ha...Nope. You are on your own on this one.... bolt

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide