Took Mr. Sandvall and his fishing partner out yesterday morning in preparation for a club tournament... They seemed like two skilled anglers, coming down from Arlington, just looking to get an edge for tournament day. We started out fishing top waters until approx. 8 am and had a couple short strikes, meanwhile boating a few. It appeared that the bold presence of the buzz bait was a little much in comparison to the successful performance of the zara spook, in a subtle walking retrieve. Later, we pulled up on a row of trees in 3-5 ft of water near a gravel bar and several secondary points. We began to see an upgrade in quality throwing Carolina rigged speed craws, with chartreuse-dipped appendages. I would normally suggest standard green pumpkin, but I believe the chartreuse cast a more visible profile in the slight stain of water in that particular location. Throughout the day, a number of fish were caught on crank baits closer to the main lake and open to the little wind action that we had for the late morning. Also, I was successful on a weightless senko, pitching to small bluff like areas intermixed with timber. I would note that this particular location was loaded with shad on the graph. At the very end of our trip, I suggested we tie on 1/8 oz shakey heads, in a green pumpkin finesse worm, as the sun took precedence and cloud cover dissipated. This critical switch in presentation reinitiated the catching of keepers that Mr. Sandvall needed for tournament day.

Bushwhacker's Guide Service
https://www.austinbassfishingguide.com/
(830)708-6019
"Just soakin' my cricket in the state pile"