Page 1 of 2 1 2
Stupid funniest #11154625 10/09/15 08:04 PM
R
RangerBass21 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
What's the top 1 stupidest funny thing you've done while fishing?

Mine would be, I use to have a early 90s bass tracker, one cold spring I untied the boat from the dock and pushed it away and went to jump in the boat and the boat skidded out from under me and I fell in the water, had to swim to retrieve my boat roflmao

Last edited by RangerBass21; 10/09/15 08:08 PM.

bannana2
Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11154689 10/09/15 08:27 PM
R
RL206 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
R
I drove my boat onto someone else's trailer after a Tuesday night tournament. The guy got out of his truck and said "Hey bud I think your on the wrong trailer". I thought something didn't feel right.

Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11154895 10/09/15 09:52 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Left my plug out one cool morning on Joe Pool. Pulled up to courtesy dock and neatly removed ALL my clothes and set them on the dock(yes we were all alone at ramp and I didn't want to wear wet clothes the rest of the day). Slipped into water to put the plug in. In a Ranger the plug is way down under the stepped transom and no way to get to it just reaching over the back...got to get in the water. Got the plug in and went to get my clothes. The bilge pump was running and a stream of water was landing directly on my clothes like a garden hose. Clothes would have been no more wet if I had just thrown them in the water.

Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11155186 10/10/15 01:40 AM
R
RHP Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
A couple of weeks ago I pulled up to the fuel pumps at a marina. I tied off at the dock cleat, hopped out to go pay when a guy launching his boat started yelling at me. Yeah, I hadn't tied off at the boat end of that rope. My Triton was easing away from the dock. I got back to it in time to grab the last five feet of the rope.

Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11155289 10/10/15 03:21 AM
I
I love fishing Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I
This was at Lake Lewisville launching at West Lake Park. A buddy parked my truck and we cruised half way to the cut and I noticed the motor was dragging and felt like it was losing power. Boat was pointing upward like a plane taking off even though I was at full throttle. Something didn't feel right and I looked in my deck compartment. Wow! We were taking on water and busted a u-turn back to the ramp. I forgot to put the plug in. Made it to the ramp just in time. Bilge pump was working hard and I reached under water to put the plug in. My buddy was panicking and thought he was going to drown. From there I always check to make sure I put a plug in. Believe it or not my buddy bought a boat and did the same thing. Hahahaha.

Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RL206] #11155296 10/10/15 03:25 AM
R
RangerBass21 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: RL206
I drove my boat onto someone else's trailer after a Tuesday night tournament. The guy got out of his truck and said "Hey bud I think your on the wrong trailer". I thought something didn't feel right.

Oh boy , I bet that was embarrassing roflmao

bannana2
Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11155337 10/10/15 04:04 AM
P
PowerLizard Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
P
15 years ago I had a little jet boat and a new girlfriend. I let her drive the jet boat onto the trailer only because I didn't trust her not to sink the truck or jackknife the trailer. The ramp was busy and she didn't know what she was doing. I told her the jet pump does not have neutral and it always goes forward. Just line it up and hit the trailer dead center. Somehow she parked the boat perpendicular on the trailer. The bow was over the left fender and the bench seat was over the right fender. Somehow she didn't hit the boat trailers to the left or right. It was truly an amazing parking feat.

Of course everyone on the boat ramp was watching. I waded out, pushed it off and she did a much better job on the second attempt. I evetually wised up, sold the jet boat and married her.

Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11155443 10/10/15 11:23 AM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Y'all notice the "common denominator" in most of these stories? BOAT RAMP. Proof that if you are ever bored and can't go fishing just go to your nearest busy lake and set out a chair by the boat ramp for some cheap entertainment.

Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11155588 10/10/15 02:10 PM
J
Jim Ford Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
J
Not at a boat ramp, but many years ago I was fishing a canal in a new subdivision off of Biscayne bay where a huge school of jacks was busting mullet. The school had gone down and I was standing at the end of the concrete seawall when they came back up off to my right. I quickly spun to run that way and my first step was off the end of the seawall. Climbing back out over the barnacles and oysters was quite painful......

Another time we were coming in over the outer reefs from an offshore trip. One of the guys had dragged out a 9/0 Senator with monel line and rigged a balao on a jig to troll deep, but the reel had apparently been put up with the line unsecured, and it was backlashing as he tried to feed it out. He set the rod in the gimbal in the fishing chair and was helping feed out line from the chair as I stood at the transom under the rod tip, pulling out line. No one saw what it was in the wake, but something big came up and grabbed that jig, which was maybe 30 or 40 feet behind the boat. The line locked up in the reel and the rod slammed down on me; I grabbed at the rod out of reflex as it knocked me down. When the rod hit the transom it snapped beneath the reel seat. For whatever dumb reason, I didn't let go, and the rod and I were jerked over the transom by the weight of the fish. The hook straightened out and whatever it was was gone, and I was treading water trying to hold up that heavy rod and reel. I couldn't help but wonder what had hit the jig, and whether it was coming back still hungry, as the boat circled around to retrieve me. I probably won't do that again.........

Re: Stupid funniest [Re: Jim Ford] #11155607 10/10/15 02:32 PM
R
RangerBass21 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted By: Jim Ford
Not at a boat ramp, but many years ago I was fishing a canal in a new subdivision off of Biscayne bay where a huge school of jacks was busting mullet. The school had gone down and I was standing at the end of the concrete seawall when they came back up off to my right. I quickly spun to run that way and my first step was off the end of the seawall. Climbing back out over the barnacles and oysters was quite painful......

Another time we were coming in over the outer reefs from an offshore trip. One of the guys had dragged out a 9/0 Senator with monel line and rigged a balao on a jig to troll deep, but the reel had apparently been put up with the line unsecured, and it was backlashing as he tried to feed it out. He set the rod in the gimbal in the fishing chair and was helping feed out line from the chair as I stood at the transom under the rod tip, pulling out line. No one saw what it was in the wake, but something big came up and grabbed that jig, which was maybe 30 or 40 feet behind the boat. The line locked up in the reel and the rod slammed down on me; I grabbed at the rod out of reflex as it knocked me down. When the rod hit the transom it snapped beneath the reel seat. For whatever dumb reason, I didn't let go, and the rod and I were jerked over the transom by the weight of the fish. The hook straightened out and whatever it was was gone, and I was treading water trying to hold up that heavy rod and reel. I couldn't help but wonder what had hit the jig, and whether it was coming back still hungry, as the boat circled around to retrieve me. I probably won't do that again.........

Falling over board, no thanks, I was deckhand for a bit for a boat out of ft lauderdale Florida, use to see stuff like that all the time, we stopped to jig for amberjack and other deckhand let the line down, then suddenly a shark hit it and pulled the rod and his feet slipped and went over board with rod and reel

bannana2
Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11155655 10/10/15 02:59 PM
P
PKfishin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
P
Lots of fun at the ramp.

I launched my 175 TXW tracker once and forgot to put in the plug. Tied the boat up at the courtesy dock at Pk and went back home to eat breakfast. When I returned, my boat was floating but full of water. Too much water for the bilge to get out. I thought the boat might swamp if I used the gas engine. The batteries were not under so I used the trolling motor to move back to the ramp where I put the boat on the trailer, pulled it out and let all the water drain out.

I use a checklist now. Like my wife is fond of saying " somebody around here is stupid".

Last edited by PKfishin; 10/10/15 03:00 PM.

John 21:3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee.
Re: Stupid funniest [Re: RangerBass21] #11155698 10/10/15 03:39 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
This is a long read but worth it, I think. Back in the 90's, had a girlfriend a bit younger than me. I was her dad's age, but her step-mom was her age, so it was kinda' creepy cool. Anyway, her dad had a really nice offshore boat we used during the week. We pulled out to go fishing early one day. She was driving the boat and I was rigging rods. I noticed the tip top of a rod was loose so I pulled it off, grabbed the repair kit, and glued it back on. I then reached into the cooler for a beer and walked to the helm and grabbed her butt. Of course I was immediately super-glued to a beer in one hand and her shorts in the other. She had a bikini on underneath so she shimmied out of her shorts and turned the boat around. As we get back to her dad's dock, he was hosing the dock down and her step-mom was sitting in a lawn chair having a cup of coffee. I hold up the beer can and shorts, both glued to my hands. Dad shakes his head, Mom goes inside and before we're even tied up she appears with a bottle of Cutex fingernail polish remover, like she knew exactly what had happened. We get my hands free from the beer can and her shorts pretty quickly and go fishing.

SD

[Linked Image]
Re: Stupid funniest [Re: Slow Drifter] #11155906 10/10/15 06:10 PM
J
jwatts77 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
J
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
This is a long read but worth it, I think. Back in the 90's, had a girlfriend a bit younger than me. I was her dad's age, but her step-mom was her age, so it was kinda' creepy cool. Anyway, her dad had a really nice offshore boat we used during the week. We pulled out to go fishing early one day. She was driving the boat and I was rigging rods. I noticed the tip top of a rod was loose so I pulled it off, grabbed the repair kit, and glued it back on. I then reached into the cooler for a beer and walked to the helm and grabbed her butt. Of course I was immediately super-glued to a beer in one hand and her shorts in the other. She had a bikini on underneath so she shimmied out of her shorts and turned the boat around. As we get back to her dad's dock, he was hosing the dock down and her step-mom was sitting in a lawn chair having a cup of coffee. I hold up the beer can and shorts, both glued to my hands. Dad shakes his head, Mom goes inside and before we're even tied up she appears with a bottle of Cutex fingernail polish remover, like she knew exactly what had happened. We get my hands free from the beer can and her shorts pretty quickly and go fishing.

Now that's funny right there!!!! clap

Re: Stupid funniest [Re: PowerLizard] #11156112 10/10/15 07:33 PM
C
charlief1 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
Originally Posted By: PowerLizard
15 years ago I had a little jet boat and a new girlfriend. I let her drive the jet boat onto the trailer only because I didn't trust her not to sink the truck or jackknife the trailer. The ramp was busy and she didn't know what she was doing. I told her the jet pump does not have neutral and it always goes forward. Just line it up and hit the trailer dead center. Somehow she parked the boat perpendicular on the trailer. The bow was over the left fender and the bench seat was over the right fender. Somehow she didn't hit the boat trailers to the left or right. It was truly an amazing parking feat.

Of course everyone on the boat ramp was watching. I waded out, pushed it off and she did a much better job on the second attempt. I evetually wised up, sold the jet boat and married her.

Since you married her, has she driven the car into the garage sideways yet? roflmao

I'm on other forums that deal with the old turbo powered Buicks.;)
Re: Stupid funniest [Re: charlief1] #11156776 10/11/15 03:15 AM
P
PowerLizard Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
P
Originally Posted By: charlief1
Originally Posted By: PowerLizard

Since you married her, has she driven the car into the garage sideways yet? roflmao

Laugh it up. She has not parked the van sideways in the garage but she is not fond of using her mirrors.
1) She backed out of a parking space in the Dallas Galleria parking garage and hit a parked car.
2) She backed out of her sister's driveway and hit the neighbor's parked car in the street.
Based on this and some other accidents, I sold her Chevy Conversion Van and bought her a Toyota Sienna Minivan with a backup camera.
3) She backed the minivan out of the garage and sideswiped my Toyota Highlander parked in the driveway.
4) She recently backed out of the garage and sideswiped the garage door molding ripping it off the garage.
I would make her park in the driveway to avoid some of the side swiping issues but some rats got under her hood last winter and chewed $500 worth of wires.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide