Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Livingston Baits [Re: JVB] #11149331 10/07/15 01:38 AM
T
timwins31 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Livingston Lures are a scam for desperate anglers, end of story. Some of their cranks catch fish fairly well, but nothing like advertised of course, and no where near like most $15-$20 baits. 100% honestly, I wouldn't use them if you gave them to me for free. I'd give them away. I've spoke to the guy that runs the company and I wasn't impressed with him either. . .he's more of a salesman than a fisherman. . .and it showed.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Livingston Baits [Re: JVB] #11149688 10/07/15 08:30 AM
T
txfsh Offline
Angler
Angler
T
I have several of them and have yet to catch anything on them. But to be honest, like Nutman I'm more of a plastics kind of guy so I cant give you a good opinion either way. I've have three for so long that the batteries are dead and now thier just a big ugly stickbait that I am hoping to use on stripers one day. I'm sure they are like any other bait, if you have confidence in them they will catch fish,,,eventually.

You never want a drink of water till the well runs dry
Re: Livingston Baits [Re: JVB] #11149691 10/07/15 08:42 AM
Lee in Texas Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Like 'Nutman' stated, every fisherman choses his/her 'favorite' baits. My first experience with Livingston did not start off well but, I had fell for the hype and bought as I said four lures, two of each.
The are expensive, well for this old guy they are. I have had any luck with the two I bought...and I will not buy any more of them.
The 'noise factor' sounds intriguing....got my attention but, has not worked out.
I checked them every time I tried the lures.....I could not hear them for the life of me.
My opinion is they are expensive and from now on, will stay with PROVEN and long standing favorites that many others use.....my preference is top water frog, but LOL I am not very good at that but man by far that is the most exciting bait to get a blow up on.
OP - no sir, I won't buy anymore of them. But, that's my opinion....everyone will develop their own.
If your not sure, get one or two.....no more than that....try them....make your own decision.
Well, good luck. From your rig, you do not look like a 'newbie' to the sport and I'm not telling you anything you probably didn't already know
Good luck shipmate....
God Bless

http://www.finfeatherresort.com/index.asp - Best Folks on Toledo Bend !!!
http://bassclubofthewest.angelfire.com/ -West Ft Worth Bass Club
http://www.gleasonfishing.com/ Darold Gleason (Toledo Bend Guide)
2004 Stratos Complete Restoration 2014!!! With Much Gratitude to:
Cal's Marine/Azle,Texas (817)300-2827
Re: Livingston Baits [Re: JVB] #11151630 10/08/15 12:31 PM
R
raveon Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I saw an ad for them once and like Lee thought it sounded reasonable so I bought 3. A square bill,lipless and a topwater bait.
I have not caught one fish on any of them but to be fair I haven't really spend a lot of time fishing them.
No confidence in them for me.

I thought or a while they were broken as I didn't hear anything coming from them. After reading a bit learned you have to hold them real close to your ear to hear anything.

https:/www.youtube.com/c/FrankieDeanFishing
Re: Livingston Baits [Re: JVB] #11151635 10/08/15 12:39 PM
N
Nutman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
You know come to think of it....... I have never caught a fish off a Zoom Speed Craw or a Strike King 1/2 oz jig. Does that mean they are not good baits that I should teas here on the TFF ?
I see a lot of professionals using Livingston lures.
Just saying ?

Re: Livingston Baits [Re: JVB] #11151697 10/08/15 01:17 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
A lot of pro's are paid to promote them, that doesn't mean thry use them.

Re: Livingston Baits [Re: Nutman] #11151825 10/08/15 02:30 PM
Fishinfellow Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Nutman
You know come to think of it....... I have never caught a fish off a Zoom Speed Craw or a Strike King 1/2 oz jig. Does that mean they are not good baits that I should teas here on the TFF ?
Just saying ?

Most of the guys saying they've never caught anything on them qualify their statements with the fact that they haven't thrown them as much as their "confidence" baits. I cant tell if you truly love Livingston lures or if you just love being a smarta$$ on this forum. chill

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Livingston Baits [Re: JVB] #11151830 10/08/15 02:31 PM
R
rbspots Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I have never bought a Livingston lure but one of their pros gave me a Walking Boss 2. Weird looking topwater bait that looks like a Jitterbug. I fish it like a spook and caught several fish on it. We'll see how it does through the fall

Re: Livingston Baits [Re: JVB] #11151900 10/08/15 02:57 PM
J
Jobucko Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I bought one of their smaller square bill crank baits. It is very similar to my favorite Strike King shad colored square bill which I have caught lots of fish on. I like the way it casts but sadly to date I have thrown the Livingston probably 300 times and have yet to catch a fish. No more Livingston's for this angler.

Re: Livingston Baits [Re: Fishinfellow] #11151932 10/08/15 03:19 PM
N
Nutman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow
Just saying ?

Most of the guys saying they've never caught anything on them qualify their statements with the fact that they haven't thrown them as much as their "confidence" baits. I cant tell if you truly love Livingston lures or if you just love being a smarta$$ on this forum. chill

I don't love "Livingston" lures, but what I don't like is a company being trashed on a forum by those folks that don't catch fish with them. It is very easy to be considered a smart a$$ when you point out the obvious that some people choose not to look at or mention. Because I choose to support the opposite view I am a smart a$$. Ok, so be it.
But if you are going to trash a company on an open forum or make one sided ridiculous arguments you should be ready for a rebuttal or someone taking the opposing side. The best way to do that is exactly how I did so. Just because I don't catch fish with a zoom craw or a Stike King jig dies not make them a bad lure. Just because some folks don't catch fish with a Livingston lure does not make them a bad lure or a bad company and they should not be trashed on an open forum.

Re: Livingston Baits [Re: Nutman] #11151976 10/08/15 03:41 PM
T
timwins31 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Fishinfellow
Just saying ?

I don't love "Livingston" lures, but what I don't like is a company being trashed on a forum by those folks that don't catch fish with them. It is very easy to be considered a smart a$$ when you point out the obvious that some people choose not to look at or mention. Because I choose to support the opposite view I am a smart a$$. Ok, so be it.
But if you are going to trash a company on an open forum or make one sided ridiculous arguments you should be ready for a rebuttal or someone taking the opposing side. The best way to do that is exactly how I did so. Just because I don't catch fish with a zoom craw or a Stike King jig dies not make them a bad lure. Just because some folks don't catch fish with a Livingston lure does not make them a bad lure or a bad company and they should not be trashed on an open forum.

Guess what. The world isn't a fair place. A lot of us have had negative experiences with them. This is a place to come and talk about it. Plus, the OP asked for an honest opinion. Are we supposed to lie to make people with fragile egos feel better? Are we supposed to encourage our fishing buddies to continue to waste money on lures, that by most accounts, don't work very well?

If a company provides a poor product or offers poor service, people are gonna talk about it, especially on this forum. It is a FORUM after all. . .

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide