At least for that lake. I guess a 4.25 to 4.5 lb spot is a good fish from ANY lake, including Lanier, LOL. Fished with Dale McCutchen out of Amarillow on Thursday. Started at first light and finished up about 4:30PM. It was pretty warm, unless you were in the breeze or behind some clouds or both. Caught fish a mutltitude of ways. Big fish came on a black/blue jig with a brush haog trailer. We caught lots 4f fish on topwater (11), several on T-rigs (3) several on jigs (7), several on CBs (2) and none on SB. Dale had 2 spots over 3 lbs each. You can see the big one on my timeline on FB or his timeline on FB. It went 19" long by 13" girth. Caught another good one on topwater, with a top dog. Caught fish throughout the day, but mostly when the breeze got up to it's higher levels. Didn't seem to mind if it was cloudy or not, but if it was in the shade where you casted, get ready to get bit. I caught 2 fish on CBs, both spots, but we had a mixed bag of 4 lmb and the rest spots. But if you are catching 3 and 4 lb spots, WHO CARES!!! Most of the T-rigged fish came on blue fleck worm and LOTS of missed fish, probably 2 small to eat the bait. If you are going out to the lake, take plenty of suncreen and hydration as it is still hot for this time of year. Hope this helps.

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains