S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: tboxfish
Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
Originally Posted By: silentkilla
I'd say take that time & try to learn something & don't try to learn the entire lake in a few hours.
Pick one area take your time idling or on the TM & scan it, you'll be surprised at what you'll find that has gotten passed over a million times...
Enjoy the hunt I tell ya....

+1 I've caught more limits within eye site of a boat ramp than any other location on the lake.

^^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^
I have spend many a GREAT day on the water and never got on plane except to get back to the ramp!

It's also surprising that I scan the same water from a different direction and find a good spot that I missed before.......
How many times have you gone over a waypoint from 1 direction and not seen your target, yet make another pass and BINGO

Ooohhhh yeah those are the good ones that get passed up ALL the time, almost always got some gooderns on'em too...
Those logs that lay down along those drop-offs are my favorites.....although they are hard to find unless you're taking your time enjoying the hunt....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Right or Wrong? [Re: bush hog] #11140928 10/02/15 12:49 PM
T
Tom Englert Offline
Angler
Angler
T
I think if the guide shows you a spot, the information you gain from that location should allow you to find your own spots with similar conditions that produce fish. It is all about learning why the spot produces...not learning the exact location of that particular spot. Big picture!

Tom

Re: Right or Wrong? [Re: bush hog] #11140943 10/02/15 12:53 PM
P
papamark Offline
Mini Tractor
Mini Tractor
P
I just follow Tbox

Re: Right or Wrong? [Re: bush hog] #11143094 10/03/15 05:58 PM
K
koobycrappie Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
K
It may be a little disappointing when you are going to a spot to fish and there is someone already fishing it, that's just human nature.
As a guide, if I'm not prepared to go to another spot and do well, I have not done my homework on that lake.
Guides have to be prepared to go to multiple spots to consistently put fish in the boat.
Even though a client may be able to find your waypoints, that does not necessarily mean that they can duplicate the success the guide had on that spot.

Most of the clients that I take out are not seasoned crappie fisherman and it does not bother me if they fish the spots I took them to. If they do fish it and do great, I like to think it was what I taught them about "HOW TO" fish the spot, not just finding the spot! fish

I'm always in a good mood when I'm fishing.
Kevin Kubiak
Lakes Somerville and Granger, crappie guide
512-848-4469
www.hotcrappie.com
pro staff; proanglertackle.com

Re: Right or Wrong? [Re: bush hog] #11144172 10/04/15 12:36 PM
B
Bruce Bullard Offline
Angler
Angler
B
I've been fishing 20 years with the same person who guides regularly. He is always fishing Brushpile that he finds by looking while fishing or watching others fish. When he shows me new spots, I always look at area, the pile is just a sweet spot sunk in the right area. I then try to find similar areas to find my own special spots. I never share his spots with anyone else I fish with but I will fish them alone. Yes, he does fear someone sharing these spots because pressure can destroy a good spot overnight. In return for many great outings, I will share new finds with him to help him put his clients on fish. There are not to many secret spots on any lake, why, because we all want to share our love of fishing with someone.
This is my first post, I've been following this forum for a while and have to say that the regular s are an inspiration, I've tried several times to find Mr Box at work at Thermocline building, I haven't given up, I'll just have to call in advance, my guide friend, Allen Ballard swears by Thermocline baits and services.

Re: Right or Wrong? [Re: bush hog] #11144202 10/04/15 01:05 PM
M
mayor (crappiepete) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I have been fishing a long time, but only started Crappie fishing a couple of years ago. A friend showed me a brush pile. We caught lots of Crappie. He told me how long he had been fishing and how he built the brush piles. I have not taken anyone to those BP, but have located others by myself. Now I am building My BP and understand the labor involved. There are many BP's in the lake, so I look for others and build my own. Kinda like tying your own jigs and catching crappie with them. Also, hired a couple of guides to teach me how to fish for Crappie..

Using the site for a while...this is really great to share fishing ideas and success with others.
Re: Right or Wrong? [Re: bush hog] #11144219 10/04/15 01:25 PM
Jason Burton Guide Service Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I've been guiding for 3 years now and have shown a lot of people some very good brush piles on Palestine. Most people will ask me if I care if they come back and fish those piles. My response is always " sure" many of these piles I put out and many were showed to me by fellow fishermen. Funny thing is I don't think I've ever had to skip by a pile because someone I took out in the past was already on it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Re: Right or Wrong? [Re: bush hog] #11146778 10/05/15 06:58 PM
K
karpbuster Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted By: bush hog
What's your opinion about fishing with a guide and then returning to his spots later? I know their are some guides on this site and would really appreciate your input here. I've had people fish the brush piles that I built and really don't mind but I'm not trying to make a living off that brush pile either. I think everyone agrees that once that brush sinks to the bottom that it's fair game but still going behind a guide doesn't seem right to me.

I think that should be discussed prior to the trip. I think a trip that is designed to teach people how to find fish habitat versus one where people just want to go catch a bunch of fish is the key.

My neighbor has a bone to pick with a guide that brings clients and fishes his brush piles. I actually fished with that Guide, so I don't know what?? I like to figure it out myself. Probably why I do more fishing and less catching then most on here.

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

"All that we call human history--money, poverty, ambition, war, prostitution, classes, empires, slavery--[is] the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy." � C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis
Re: Right or Wrong? [Re: karpbuster] #11148349 10/06/15 04:33 PM
B
BigDave1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Another "My Spot" thread! smile Unless you own a some private property with a pond on it, no known "My Spot" exists on public water! smile smile

Once a person studies & learns the fish patterns and how they are effected by weather patterns he/she then become fish hunters! Fish Hunters will always have way more "Catchin Days" than those poor soles who only site fish! Site fishin can be great and it can more times than not be very bad if the fish have moved.

I always enjoy "spot fishin" threads as it's kinda like watchin a soap opera! smile

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide