Jc Sportfishing Weekly Fish Report.
As the Admiral Seas It
Fishing Report: 8/31/15 to 9/7/15
Stop By Our Office for up to Date Fishing Report.
Blue Marlin Fishing Off the Hook!!
Striped Marlin Fishing Really Solid!!
Tuna Fishing Pretty Good!!
Sailfish Fishing still Good!!
Dorado Fishing Picking Up!!
Wahoo, Red Red Hot!
Inshore Action Good!
Chris says: JC, Please Fire Fish Boy!!
Fish Report Boy says: JC, Im Quitting!!
JC says:Lil Man!Youll be Back!!
JC,s Perfect Mai Tai From Baja!!
2 Baja Recipes Inside!!
JC,s Baja Seared Skipjack Tuna!!
JC,s Baja Tuna Fish Salad, Wild Skipjack
!
HEADLINES: September 7, 2015:Fish Report Boy Screamed: JC, I am quitting, you have pushed me to my limit. Looks like that Chris guy is getting what he wants, I can't stand Chris, all that guy does is talk of Mangos and mango farming somewhere in the East Cape. I've been offered a job to join the circus again, and I'm taking it. Pretty decent money and I am taking my old job back: The school girl laugh exibit. I stand for 72 hours straight and laugh like a school girl then at the end of 72 hours people pay $5 bucks to see if I can continue my pose and laughone of the best jobs I ever had and the tips were good!! Not only that, they put me next to The Monkey Boy and he draws big crowds. JC Laughed and said: You will be back lil Man, this time next week you will be writing the report again and thanking me for your job backno one gives you the pension I give you get out of my office NOW!! Schoogirl laugh exibit, Monkey Boy right!!!!

Jc Sportfishing Charters is a family owned and operated business and has been fishing in Cabo San Lucas for the past 18 years. Jerry, explains that his charter business is geared more for families and novice anglers, making sure everyone who charters a boat with him have a great time and lots of fun. We welcome families, and groups. We want everyone who fishes with us to take all the sites in and have a memorable experience. This is what is most important to us. We have and do a few tournaments each year and can cater to fisherman who might be interested in tournament fishing. Well lets get on with the fishing report for this past week.
WEATHER: The weather all week has been hot and humid, but we have had some overcast days also with some rain. We even had a pretty good storm on Monday which brought down some heavy rain and winds. I believe it was a local squabble but it was a mini Chubasco for about a half an hour knocking out lights and power to some areas for up to 6 hours. I know some guys in the marina did lose some antennas and fenders from their boats as it was a pretty strong little storm for a short amount of time. I am sure there were boats outside the harbor who really got an eye opener for about a half an hour on Monday. I could see how it could have been pretty scary for some of the smaller Sportfishing vessels and Pangas.
WATER: Some cooler water has moved into the Pacific side and I am noticing at the Finger Bank, Jamie Banks and Golden Gate that water temperatures are way down compared to what they were a week ago. Down by 10 degrees in some areas and that is really a major change. There are patches of 82 degree water near Jamie Banks and other areas on the Pacific side, according to the Tempbreak map of the southern part of Baja California.
Please check out the Tempbreak map link below to get a good idea on water temperatures.
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cb

BILLFISH: Blue Marlin fishing is red hot as we speak and most have been landed from the 95 spot to San Jamie Banks. The anglers have been using lures in most cases for the Blue Marlin and most Striped Marlin were landed using ballyhoo and pitching live bait at them. Sailfish fishing has been really good also in the same areas as the Marlin. They are also hitting ballyhoo and pitched live bait.
DORADO: Well, there seems to be a turn around in the Dorado action as there has been plenty to go around, except the ones that have been caught are pretty small fish, 6 to 10 pounds have been normal. The Dorado has been hitting lures and most guys are catching them tight to the beach, more inshore. We think maybe the Dorado bite will continue as the water has cooled a bit and I expect the Dorado action will continue through next week.

SWORDFISH: Hasn't heard of any caught this week.

WAHOO: Great week for Wahoo as we have been scoring big time from Grey Rock to Weston Regina area and then all the way up to Rancho Migrino. They are hitting rapalas deep divers and or downrigging rapalas. Some have been taking on live bait and some reaching 35lbs to 50lbs.
TUNA: Tuna fishing has been very good this past week. Grey Rock all the way up to the Old Light House has been producing mostly football size Tuna. At leaset we are seeing some Tuna action and the smaller ones are really good to eat and I have added some good Skip Jack recipes to this report and basically you can use the same recipe for the football size Tunas being caught.
INSHORE: Small Tuna and even Dorado have propelled the inshore action this past week. Rooster are of course making things happen close to shore also, so it is pretty wide open right now inshore. Some Skip Jacks are hitting also with some good numbers being reported. There has been Sailfish reported caught inshore also on Pangas so it mite be worth grabbing a Panga and going out for a 5 hour excursion to see what happens inshore.

From The Admirals Kitchen!
JC,s Baja Seared Skipjack Tuna!!
You Can't Stop Eating This! Seared Skipjack Tuna
I copied the seared skipjack tuna recipe they made on a TV cooking show and it was delicous without any special ingredients. So I thought I could use the combination of ingredients with fresh skipjack tuna.
Fry the garlic slices until they're golden brown and crispy, but not burned! Don't throw out the leftover garlic flavored oil - add salt and use it to stir fry greens and bean sprouts. Recipe by mangoari
+
Ingredients
1 block Seared skipjack tuna (katsuo)
3 clove Garlic
5 stalks Green onion or scallion
10 cm Daikon radish
3 Myoga ginger
5 leaves Shiso leaves
1 generous amount Ponzu
+
Method
1. Slice the seared skipjack tuna (katsuo or bonito) about 7 mm thick. Lay on a large flat plate so that the slices don't overlap.
+
2. Put the sliced garlic and 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, and fry slowly over low heat. When the garlic turns golden brown, turn it over, and continue to fry the other side until golden brown. Drain the garlic on paper towels.
+
3. Slice the green onion thinly. Grate the daikon radish and drain. Cut the myoga ginger in half, then slice thinly. Finely julienne the shiso leaves.
+
4. Top the skipjack tuna slices with grated daikon radish, myoga ginger, green onion and garlic in that order. Pour over a generous amount of ponzu sauce and it's done.
+
5. If you have time before you serve this, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator.

JC,s Baja Tuna Fish Salad, Wild Skipjack!!
Lo Mercury Light wild skipjack Tuna, olive oil mayonnaise, low sugar salad
Minutes to Prepare: 5
Minutes to Cook: 15
Number of Servings: 2

Ingredients
1 can Wild Skipjack Light Tuna (Whole Foods is where I found)
1 cooked, peeled and chopped egg
3 Tblsp Pickle relish
3 Tblsp Mayonnaise
1/4 C chopped celery

optional curry powder as spice if you like it more flavorful. As a side to salad or if you do not have gluten intolerance, then you can make into a sandwich.

Directions
Cook on medium stove in a small pan a free range large egg until it's hard boiled, usually 10-15 min. Run under water and removed the shell from the egg and chop. Set aside to cool. In a bowl mix a can of tuna with pickles and mayonnaise and stir until tuna is evenly coated. Add chopped celery and eggs.

Serving Size: 2 good sized servings

Optional: Add 1 tsp of curry for a bit of zing

Number of Servings: 2
JC,s Baja Mojito Del Sol!!
"The perfect Spring or Summer drink. Tried and tested for over 12 years now. and always a crowd favorite! This recipe yields one gallon!! Use a 1 gallon sun tea jar.
Ingredients
2 ounces aged rum
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, juiced lime half reserved
1/2 ounce orange curaao
1/4 ounce Rich Simple Syrup (see Game Plan note), also known as rock candy syrup
1/4 ounce orgeat
1 cup crushed ice
1 mint sprig, for garnish

Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients except the mint sprig in a cocktail shaker, shake vigorously, and pour the entire contents into a double Old Fashioned glass.
2. 2.Garnish with the juiced lime half and a mint sprig.
BEWARE: Please beware of the guys in the street selling boat charters. If you wait till the day you are fishing and go to the dock where your boat is many times people will mislead you to another boat or dock trying to put you on a boat that was not meant for you. You need to have a person guide you to your boat, who is from a reputable charter company. This way there is no confusion or misleading. Please remember when renting Sport fishing boats in Cabo that you rent your boat from reputable and established business. Walk into a fishing fleet office and ask questions about what you are getting and what are the costs? You don't want to rent boats from vendors in the streets and you do not want to book through shady websites offering you the world. Check through travel forums about reputable fishing fleets to deal with. Look for testimonials about the fleet your booking, your charter with. Ask about what will the boat be supplying? Will it include beverages or lunches? How much does it cost to fillet your catch? Check to see if charter boat is insured? Ask about getting your catch smoked? Check cost of a fishing license. These are just a few things to consider when booking your charter boat. We will be talking more about this in the next weeks fishing report. Until next time good fishing and we hope to see you in Cabo soon. Come by the office here in Cabo and get all the latest up to date fishing report. http://www.jcsportfishing.com http://youtu.be/tSXN6pifQyQ