Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Good Ole Days [Re: Duck_Hunter] #11084180 09/05/15 12:38 AM
F
Fish AKA Jerry Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Hey Duck
" How about you do a quick Google search before saying something is dumb and sounding like a fool? You can have any opinion you like, but you should look into some facts before you say something is dumb and condemn an entire generation"

Sounds just like what you are doing.

QUACK!!!!!!!!!

FREYED KNOT

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Good Ole Days [Re: coachallentca] #11084214 09/05/15 01:05 AM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted By: coachallentca
Originally Posted By: bbassfishes
which are interactive and require some brain usage

Really playing video games requires brain usage!! LOL that might the be the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time... And we wonder why this generation in so screwed up.

If I had a nickel for every time someone of your generation has said mine is screwed up, I might have enough money to buy a house, car or have reasonable insurance in the great economy you left us with.

But what would I know? It's not like I have a college degree or anything, I was too busy playing video games.
But yea, our generation is terrible... :roll eyes:

You do understand our generation came from the ideals that yours supposedly set for us correct? It was your generations job to teach us as kids how to do things. If things don't look great you have no one but yourself to blame.

Last edited by bbassfishes; 09/05/15 01:06 AM.
Re: Good Ole Days [Re: Topwater2] #11084239 09/05/15 01:18 AM
Der Vorsteher Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Online Shocked
TFF Guru
Y'all will love this. I was in a legal training for education and the state of Texas is considering making video game addiction and actual disability in school qualifying students for Special Ed services because they have a lack of social skills.

Team Wolfs
Re: Good Ole Days [Re: Fish AKA Jerry] #11084318 09/05/15 02:22 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
Hey Duck
" How about you do a quick Google search before saying something is dumb and sounding like a fool? You can have any opinion you like, but you should look into some facts before you say something is dumb and condemn an entire generation"

Sounds just like what you are doing.

QUACK!!!!!!!!!

Good one, Fish!!!1! I mean, Jerry. Which do you go by? You totally got me by typing the sound a duck makes. Powned!!1!

Actually, I did do a Google search. I've also read about it quite a bit because it's part of my career to know these things.

But, since you haven't looked it up, I'll provide links for you. Please let me know if you actually read them or if you're just going to do a drive by without adding anything to the conversation.

http://www.thestrokefoundation.com/index...in-motor-skills

http://ict.usc.edu/news/video-games-for-rehabilitation/

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2013/march/games-education-tool-030113.html

Just the tip of the iceberg, because I don't want to overwhelm you. Enjoy.

And Principle White, video games can absolutely be addicting, just like anything else. Some video games are meant for adults, just like some movies and music are. The Internet as a whole can be addicting. If your district sees a need for it, I hope those kids get help.

To everyone: I'm not advocating for kids playing video games all day everyday and not interacting socially with other kids or never going outside. Too much of many things in life are bad for individuals and society as a whole. However, the people that don't understand - and don't want to understand - should be educated, especially when they say something is "the dumbest thing they've ever heard" and get on a high horse about their generation without knowing the first thing about what they're talking about.

[Linked Image]
Re: Good Ole Days [Re: Topwater2] #11084345 09/05/15 02:36 AM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
had my father not spent all his time working he may have taken me and my brother fishing.

so I had to learn it myself while I envied my cousin who lived in another state where his Dad did take him along all of the time.

and yet I can remember having great days fishing as a youth by myself nearly 65 years ago.

Once I started working our boss introduced us to computers and computer games came next.
You can be a fisherman and still enjoy the fantasy on the small screen everyday. I do!

And so do many of you.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Good Ole Days [Re: Topwater2] #11084428 09/05/15 03:16 AM
B
Bobby Milam Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
B
Originally Posted By: Topwater2

If they don't get it within 2 seconds of looking at this, they never will. It actually should be more tackle boxes and fewer cell phones.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide