Forum Stats
102711 Members
61 Forums
858974 Topics
11268406 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11074010 - 08/30/15 10:59 PM Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast!
chrisc/striper express guide service Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: TEXOMA
This flood has been a very rough one on us and everyone who depends on Lake Texoma to make a living.Good news we are close to normal pool and lake temps slowly dropping. In all my years of guiding it has gotten REAL high 95 & 07 we still ripped lips and all for the most part was good. This flood was so epic fishing still has not returned to normal at all.At first after i returned to the lake trips were bad...had to cancel tons of trips. As it has improved we have found ways to survive and catch some fish but nothing near the normal action we are used to. Rotten vegetation has lowered oxygen levels and the fish are real tight schools for the most part. No surface activity at all slabs been the ticket for us.
one the best days i have had the last few weeks...

another decent day...

some trips been like these...

another good day...

this been more the normal trip for me 2-10 striper and 10-40 white bass,some days hard some are better...

#11074011 - 08/30/15 11:00 PM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
chrisc/striper express guide service Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: TEXOMA
cont...
these have been my little buddies smile

some days no stripes at all...

also been using the little sickle hook jigs from www.moestackleshop.com above the slab for double trouble...

some bigger stripers being caught trolling umbrellas but not in big numbers and i am just not a troller smile it has been great just to be catching fish!!!

#11074152 - 08/31/15 06:48 AM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
banker-always fishing Online   content
TFF Guru

Loc: Universal City Tx.
coolphotos Nice haul!

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

#11074198 - 08/31/15 07:29 AM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
CHAMPION FISH Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: SACHSE, TEXAS
Chris I know it has been tough on the big pond but it looks like it is turning the corner and getting better. Fall is fixing to be here hopefully the pattern will settle in and get back to normal.

" Success is a ladder you can not climb with your hands in your pockets."

www.moestackleshop.com
www.pro-cure.com
www.falconrods.com

#11074277 - 08/31/15 08:27 AM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
LipRip Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Fort Worth
Nice job Chris!
www.facebook.com/tntguideservice
817-800-8184

"Everybody is a genius. If you judge a fish by his ability to climb a tree, he will live his whole life thinking that he is stupid." A.E.

#11074391 - 08/31/15 09:23 AM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
PKfishin Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Texas
Nice fish. Love to see good reports coming from Texoma.

#11074422 - 08/31/15 09:50 AM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
J.Allen Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Lake Texoma
Same conditions for Us. Live bait only but the results have been the same. More Sand Bass since the flood than I caught all of last year. "little Buddies"
Bait had a great spawn, a lot of nice Threads but no schooled up Stripers to eat them. Toughest year I've ever had. If we can get through September...October will be the real test of what is going on.
580-916-6298

#11074811 - 08/31/15 01:31 PM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
CypertJ Offline
Angler

Loc: Canton, Tx
Thanks for the report Chris. Might see you up there this coming weekend. We are staying in one of the cabins at Mill Creek. Say hello if you see me in the yellow skeeter.

#11075248 - 08/31/15 05:26 PM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
SeaPro-Todd Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Richardson TX
Good to see you are working, Chris, despite the challenging condition. "Little buddies" ? My last trip on the home lake I caught so many little buddies of the "little buddies"? LOL. The high water changed the pattern at the home lake big time too. They are not at structures like past years!

#11075623 - 08/31/15 08:35 PM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
Scotty P Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Plano
So glad they are finally biting for you!!!

#11078753 - 09/02/15 11:51 AM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
SteveStrasemeier Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Garland TX
What doesn't kill you has only made you stronger.
Hats off to you, Striper Express and all the other Texoma Guides.

#11078766 - 09/02/15 12:01 PM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: J.Allen]
PKfishin Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Texas
Join the Skunk Club J. Allen. Perhaps you have noticed how few striper pics I've been posting. Fishing is real tough at PK. Catching a lot more sandbass and a few keeper stripers but nothing like last year.

#11083437 - 09/04/15 12:14 PM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
J.Allen Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Lake Texoma
The Wildlife Dept. does Gillnet Surveys every February, to get a feel on how the Striper population is doing. The survey they did after the 2007 flood, actually showed more Stripers in the lake than the previous year's survey. I'm hoping this coming survey will show the same and this slow down is caused by the abnormal conditions in the lake, not the fact that there are fewer fish. Only time will tell. One thing seems certain though, we had a good spawn this Spring. A lot of baby Stripers, Sand Bass and Crappie being caught in throw nets. This is my unofficial test on how the spawn went and it is usually pretty accurate. Barring any more major issues, those babies Will grow up. The question guides are asking is "who can last till then?" The last 6 years has been some of the toughest on record and is weeding out all but the die hards. The "easy" years have been eluding us for a while now. Seems there is always something going on. Customers that are use to tons of quality fish being caught most of the year are adjusting their expectations. I'm ready for it to be "easy" again, when the hardest part of the job was getting up in the morning. smile
580-916-6298

#11083455 - 09/04/15 12:24 PM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: chrisc/striper express guide service]
Anchorman Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: Small Town NE Texas
I think it will take a few years for the big striper numbers to come back like it was before this spring/summer. Tens of thousands went down stream. I hope it returns sooner than later. But hey, some big sandy action is fun too and they eat great. I think the size of the sandy's will noticeably change to the bigger while the newly spawned stripers go through the growing and maturing process.

#11083944 - 09/04/15 04:33 PM Re: Texoma Report:the beauty and the beast! [Re: J.Allen]
Allan W Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: EM Lake
Originally Posted By: J.Allen
The Wildlife Dept. does Gillnet Surveys every February, to get a feel on how the Striper population is doing. The survey they did after the 2007 flood, actually showed more Stripers in the lake than the previous year's survey. I'm hoping this coming survey will show the same and this slow down is caused by the abnormal conditions in the lake, not the fact that there are fewer fish. Only time will tell. One thing seems certain though, we had a good spawn this Spring. A lot of baby Stripers, Sand Bass and Crappie being caught in throw nets. This is my unofficial test on how the spawn went and it is usually pretty accurate. Barring any more major issues, those babies Will grow up. The question guides are asking is "who can last till then?" The last 6 years has been some of the toughest on record and is weeding out all but the die hards. The "easy" years have been eluding us for a while now. Seems there is always something going on. Customers that are use to tons of quality fish being caught most of the year are adjusting their expectations. I'm ready for it to be "easy" again, when the hardest part of the job was getting up in the morning. smile

Last winter was lights out, more big fish caught than I remember for a while.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide