Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11072765 08/30/15 03:17 PM
S
SheCrappieKilla Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Who you trying to fool SK?

10 hours on your lake scanning could produce enough waypoints to sell at $50 each times 10 buyers, well that's pretty good money in my books.

Now all you have to do is grab a bucket full of minnows and drop straight down on top of the Crappie and it's fish on. Then keep moving spot to spot it won't be long and you will have a limit of fish easily.

15 brush piles should produce two crappie each, it won't take long to get to 25 like that.

What's your home lake?

Just a thought!

Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11072884 08/30/15 04:59 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
My home lake is which ever one one wet the bottom side of my boat.....LOL
"Aahhh bucket full of minnow".....That's funny....
Tell ya the truth stuff like this has been happening for years just not as specific as you are talkin about here. All lake maps do offer a few spots not that they are accurate, down here in the salt it's been happening more so now than ever some have even written books with what works best at each spot.....
Stay away from "my" lake SCK....LOL
I have right at 700 WP's saved to my units & sometimes I struggle to get good fish in the boat...."spots" is only part of putting fish in the boat....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Selling Spots [Re: ERNEST PATY] #11073052 08/30/15 07:12 PM
C
Crappie Bait Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Well said Ernest and thank you very much! My reasoning for buying them was for productive trips with my grandchildren. Looking forward to fishing with you on Texoma when we get the chance and maybe we can add to the spots! Junior

Church of Christ
One God - One Faith - One Church - One Doctrine - One Mind
Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11073059 08/30/15 07:16 PM
R
Rook1436 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Thank you Ernest for all that you have done and doing for this sport called fishing not catching!!!! fish

Last edited by Rook1436; 08/30/15 07:17 PM.

It's time to "Set The Hook"!!!!!!

Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11073258 08/30/15 09:05 PM
T
Tommy2268 Offline
Angler
Angler
T
No issues here...money went to college fund.

Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11073325 08/30/15 09:33 PM
D
Dunkky dude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
yeap.. no point of persistent debating. Ernest already said, most of the spots are natural structures and a lot of them are what he built himself over the years or with help of his long time friends. And main intent was not to go waste of what he built and put so much effort and time into and help out other fishermen.

I don't think anyone can argue against that.

Understood the OP wasn't meant to be character assassination and it's good thing that Mr Paty didn't take it that way. However, it is common courtesy not to pick one specific in public forum. OP clearly stated and referred to the recent specific situation. It wasn't a general question or doubt. We can't just do that in the name of freedom of speech. then, anyone can say whatever they want without thinking that can actual hurt other's feeling.

I just want people to respect each other. simple!

Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11073364 08/30/15 09:47 PM
B
Buz Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
So if you want to understand how a class human being, outstanding fisherman and outdoorsman and all around good guy lives his life and help those around him, go spend some time with Mr. Paty.

Ernest, I've got a spot for you in my boat anytime your ready.....

Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11073521 08/30/15 11:03 PM
R
RiverBanks Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Mr. Paty sold his fishing knowledge of the lakes he fished, just as he does each time somebody buys his video on crappie fishing or electronics. He spent the time and effort is finding this structure to create this body of knowledge. He has just as much right to sell this knowledge as a fishing guide does who takes clients to structure that the guide did not create.

And guides take a lot more than ten people to those spots every year. So should we be upset with the fishing guides who are taking way more people to fish "our" spots each month than the total number of spots Mr. Paty sold?

Re: Selling Spots [Re: SheCrappieKilla] #11074128 08/31/15 11:14 AM
K
kickingback Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla
Originally Posted By: kickingback
C'mon people. You see people fishing "spots" all the time. You see the spot. You now know the spot. You mark it. You share it. You sell it. Someone else fishes that spot that didn't see people there before. What difference does it make?!?!
All these people with "spots" do not fish them ALL the time. People get old and tired too and stop fishing after they they learn of these spots. Others find the spots and fish them. It is a never ending cylcle and you cannot stop it.
IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE FISH THERE!!!!!!!!! You people act as thought the spots someone gives you are the only places to fish in a lake! The fish do not SIT on a pile for days on end usually. They MOVE!!!
The piles are just structure he has found over his years of fishing or ones he put out himself. And he has put out PLENTY!!! He is only showing people where structure is. NOT WHERE THE FISH ARE!!!!
Use common sense and don't bash the people that are doing something for others by sharing those structures by way of selling them and especially for their kids college fund!!!!

Hey Kicking, it's not about Mr Patty selling his GPS cords.

It is about me or someone else coming to your home lake and finding and selling all the GPS cords that can be found on your home lake.

This is just a hypothetical question, "Pot Licking for Cash".

What is your home lake? Please share.

I have a few "home" lakes down south. I have spots marked from the lakes I fish. I scanned most of them myself. Others, some fishing buddies shared or I got from maps and the internet. I have seen others fish spots and I mark or take note of them when I see them and fish them later. Anyone that says they have never done this is a liar.
I could care less if anyone has bought spots from someone else. I can bet you that about 1/4 of them are not that good anymore as they disintegrate over time. I can always put my own structure out. Do it all the time.
These spots are structure that game fish might hold on. Unfortunately, the last flood has washed away or moved LOTS of the structure piles I had marked or placed in the water myself. The spots I marked now may be worthless. Good news is there are now NEW piles to find! Oh Boy!
The spots given to you by others may not have been fished for a long time or the piles may have disintegrated by itself in the water. Either way you don't know if there are fish there or not. You just have to try and see. If there are no fish, do you complain to the person you bought the spot from? If you do you are fool.
Ernest is only providing people a chance to find some structure to find some fish. He is NOT providing guaranteed fish in the boat.
And as for letting others know about "hot spots" like bridges that everyone knows holds fish, I do my best to let others have a fun time fishing and will let you know where to find them. Funny how you can post about a particular bridge holding fish and others will read about it and come out and fish it and catch a bunch of fish and someone gets mad. Post about that same bridge and you catching fish and then the bite stops after you leave and others go there and do not find any fish. What do you do? Get mad at the poster? NO. You don't even mention it becasue the fish were not there. Kinda pathetic in my opinion to be two faced about an issue. If there are fish and you post you are bad. If you post and there are no fish no one mentions it. Weird huh?!
If you get mad that someone is fishing where you wanted to fish but there are too many people then just go find another spot. You were a bit too late to the party! That spot will not hold fish ALL the time so let others know if you want so they too can have fun and catch fish. If someone bashes you for letting others know where to have fun just ignore them. They have issues with other people fishing "THEIR" spots.

USAF Retired and Fishing!
Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11074239 08/31/15 01:10 PM
Tommy Ezell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I think the perception of once a habitat is dropped it's public domain needs to be revisited. I think outdoorsmen have to understand that someone put in the work and need to "Respect" that. That doesn't mean dont fish it or take your fishing buddy but for god sake respect the find. Share with good Ole boys that you know through experience are outdoorsmen. I don't understand why this is so hard. Comments on posts like this make myself and others wonder why we share.

I lost two big girls on brush pile yesterday that I noticed broken up by what I figured was a pontoon anchoring. I'd seen them marking and leaving unmarked jugs on spots. Well yup I caught the 20' rope they'd cut and left in a pile they drug and ruined.

In all reality if you didn't put it there it's not yours. It is the publics. Now we all know what happens to "Public Property" by the public. Are we as outdoorsman the public?

My comments have nothing to do with Ernest. I have not even read his spot sales post. Just talking about once it's dropped it's public. Got a tight grip on my wallet. thumb

Last edited by Tommy Ezell; 08/31/15 01:28 PM.
Re: Selling Spots [Re: slabslayer07] #11074809 08/31/15 06:29 PM
H
H-TownCrappieMan Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Y'all better stop or I'm going to start "Waypoint" Exchange and charge you $50 a year membership to buy & sell waypoints!

"Follow me and I will make thee a fisher of men!" Bust open my nets LORD!!! because, I am a wishing I was a fishing!!
Re: Selling Spots [Re: H-TownCrappieMan] #11074838 08/31/15 06:47 PM
shut-up-and-fish Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: H-TownCrappieMan
Y'all better stop or I'm going to start "Waypoint" Exchange and charge you $50 a year membership to buy & sell waypoints!

I guarantee you that if anyone else listed a sale on there way points folks would be lining up to purchase them as long as the seller had the same integrity and respect that Ernest has.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Selling Spots [Re: shut-up-and-fish] #11075049 08/31/15 08:35 PM
R
Ruffneck2000 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
+1
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Originally Posted By: H-TownCrappieMan

I guarantee you that if anyone else listed a sale on there way points folks would be lining up to purchase them as long as the seller had the same integrity and respect that Ernest has.

'A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his, or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including ones life.' (Author unknown)

Re: Selling Spots [Re: Tommy Ezell] #11075745 09/01/15 02:13 AM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
I think the perception of once a habitat is dropped it's public domain needs to be revisited. I think outdoorsmen have to understand that someone put in the work and need to "Respect" that. That doesn't mean dont fish it or take your fishing buddy but for god sake respect the find. Share with good Ole boys that you know through experience are outdoorsmen. I don't understand why this is so hard. Comments on posts like this make myself and others wonder why we share.

I lost two big girls on brush pile yesterday that I noticed broken up by what I figured was a pontoon anchoring. I'd seen them marking and leaving unmarked jugs on spots. Well yup I caught the 20' rope they'd cut and left in a pile they drug and ruined.

In all reality if you didn't put it there it's not yours. It is the publics. Now we all know what happens to "Public Property" by the public. Are we as outdoorsman the public?

My comments have nothing to do with Ernest. I have not even read his spot sales post. Just talking about once it's dropped it's public. Got a tight grip on my wallet. thumb

Couldn't have been said any better....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide