Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Slade is Magic! [Re: Dutch1947] #11072992 08/30/15 06:34 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
I am curious to know, if those who have had thier units tuned will be able to duplicate the settings which brought the units where they were, after they were set. Also if you go to another lake, the setting will likely need to be tweaked. In my opinion, there are no " fit all" setting that can be set and used for every lake and every condition. I can get brilliant shots and there are some posted in the sonar pics thread, but I have to be able to make adjustments on the fly, and make changes due to depth, bottom composition, algea concentrations, particulate matter, thermocline, ect. When I gave sonar classes, I would do basic settings, and give a class tutorial, of the basic set up stuff, but EMPHASIZE, that in order to get the best resolution and clarity you had to learn to ADJUST SETTINGS ON THE FLY..!!
There are things abt the sonar that is not common knowledge that make a big difference, such as ping speed and chart speed are linked on humminbird units.. just this fact should give an ephifany of thought . theres other things too that would surprise you.
Evidently Slade is doing a great job getting folks units rocking, but if there is a particular set up that works for all situations in all lakes I havent found it. Maybe Slade has..
Everytime my humminbird 898s set a while without use, I loose all settings..
wouldnt it be cool if there was not only a factory default, but also something like a computer RESTORE that would bring the settings back, to the SLADE MAJIC adjustments?? I may call humminbird next week and see what they think..
constructive comments welcomed,, no horseshit.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Slade is Magic! [Re: Dutch1947] #11073011 08/30/15 06:46 PM
P
pepop Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
P
Great screen shots Dutch! I'm hooking up with Slade on Tuesday afternoon & I can hardly wait! Hope to get images of Palestine like that after!

Re: Slade is Magic! [Re: pepop] #11073029 08/30/15 06:58 PM
S
Snagone Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Pepop, you will love how Slade dials your electronics in. Was out with him last Tuesday, late afternoon. Just started a new post about the experience.

Roger

Re: Slade is Magic! [Re: leanin post] #11073191 08/30/15 08:33 PM
Tommie Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted By: leanin post
I am curious to know, if those who have had thier units tuned will be able to duplicate the settings which brought the units where they were, after they were set. Also if you go to another lake, the setting will likely need to be tweaked. In my opinion, there are no " fit all" setting that can be set and used for every lake and every condition.

I think we can all agree that you will have to tweak your electronics based on different factors. A lot of us are "electronics" challenged and Slade gets our units tuned better than we have ever been capable of doing. When Slade adjusted my Hummingbird units they looked great. After we were finished with the trip I took my cell phone and took a picture of each menu screen and then saved all the pics on my home computer for a backup. Now if I have to restore factory defaults or get my units out of adjustment for some reason, I just pull out my phone and go through the pics and set everything back to Slade quality.

Re: Slade is Magic! [Re: Dutch1947] #11073202 08/30/15 08:39 PM
U
UJC Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
On Lowrance HDS G1 units, simply press the Settings button in the File Screen to save to a SD card. Reload as needed. I don't know about other Lowr units.

Re: Slade is Magic! [Re: Tommie] #11073595 08/30/15 11:36 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted By: Tommie
Originally Posted By: leanin post
I am curious to know, if those who have had thier units tuned will be able to duplicate the settings which brought the units where they were, after they were set. Also if you go to another lake, the setting will likely need to be tweaked. In my opinion, there are no " fit all" setting that can be set and used for every lake and every condition.

I think we can all agree that you will have to tweak your electronics based on different factors. A lot of us are "electronics" challenged and Slade gets our units tuned better than we have ever been capable of doing. When Slade adjusted my Hummingbird units they looked great. After we were finished with the trip I took my cell phone and took a picture of each menu screen and then saved all the pics on my home computer for a backup. Now if I have to restore factory defaults or get my units out of adjustment for some reason, I just pull out my phone and go through the pics and set everything back to Slade quality.

What LP is talkin about say for instance you're out after a good rain, your settings will need to be tweaked due to all the floating particles in the water column... say for instance you get your unit dialed in on a soft bottom & you go fish a hard bottom lake, your unit will need to be tweaked...I adjust my unit several times when in different areas on the lake...softer bottoms will require high sensitivity while harder bottoms will require lower sensitivity & your contrast can be tweaked to help clear your scans....screen speed would be another setting that would need adjusting depending on certain situations....

Last edited by silentkilla; 08/30/15 11:37 PM.

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Slade is Magic! [Re: Dutch1947] #11073826 08/31/15 01:40 AM
D
Dutch1947 Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Hard bottom, soft bottom, different areas of a lake, particles in the water, screen speed, ping rate, etc., etc., etc.. This certain situations tweaking thing sounds way too complicated for this country boy. Depending on certain situations, I plan to leave mine pretty much alone. But just in case, I did copy all my settings to an SD card and thanks for that tip.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide