Forums59
Topics1,039,183
Posts13,960,489
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11062168 08/25/15 12:44 PM
S
snickers Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
A top pro will fish from any boat you give them. Look no farther than the old KVD. Do you truly think he would run a Nitro. I would like to see the polygraph on that one. Phoenix is surly a good boat I have looked at them but I will pass. My friend has one but cant seem to sell it . I am a Ranger guy and will always be for how could I not be when they gave me a brand new boat after 8 years when my transom went bad. And I do not think you could go wrong with the Skeeter they are pretty sweet.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: fouzman] #11062300 08/25/15 01:56 PM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Originally Posted By: june-bug
Funny how anytime Phoenix boats get mentioned the thread takes off like wildfire and the haters show up. Obviously Phoenix boats is a very interesting subject to always get so many views and or comments. People have been seeing the storm brewing and coming in for a while now and are beginning to realize that there is a new great boat company out there that is growing and gaining a following faster than any other boat company that I can remember. People then feel the need to bash out of fear and jealousy that they might not be in the best boat out there anymore lol. With that being said I did get your original post Frank. Phoenix definitely has some of the hottest sticks on the planet driving there boats.

Do you have any statistical evidence to back up this claim of growing and gaining a following faster than any other boat company you can remember? I would imagine you can find similar results for just about every well made up-and-comer. Not too hard to show explosive growth in market share and following when you sell 200 boats one year and 300 the next, that's impressive (on a % basis only).

I'm not knocking Phoenix in the least. Frank was tooting their horn about having some top pros running their brand. Beyond that, I don't think there is anything to be read into Frank's OP nor Phoenix boats rate of popularity.

Absolutely zero statistical evidence on "what I can remember".

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: SteezMacQueen] #11062318 08/25/15 02:00 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted By: KB1953
Didn't A-Mart's Phoenix boat have his motor fall off a while back during a tournament.
yes. And Martens was actually videoed on the live feed from the Sabine cussing his Phoenix because it wouldn't start. Lol. And had to borrow jump cables from someone. Lost a lot of time.

Sounds like a motor issue not a fiberglass issue?

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: lamoon78] #11062332 08/25/15 02:04 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: lamoon78
Funny how anytime Phoenix boats get mentioned the thread takes off like wildfire and the haters show up. Obviously Phoenix boats is a very interesting subject to always get so many views and or comments. People have been seeing the storm brewing and coming in for a while now and are beginning to realize that there is a new great boat company out there that is growing and gaining a following faster than any other boat company that I can remember. People then feel the need to bash out of fear and jealousy that they might not be in the best boat out there anymore lol. With that being said I did get your original post Frank. Phoenix definitely has some of the hottest sticks on the planet driving there boats.
This is exactly what is happening and people cant stand especially the Ranger guys. I own a bird and it is by far the best all round bass boat made and its showing on the market.

No it isn't. You are just looking to make affirmations of your choice in product like every other consumer. The reality is that all top level boats are VERY similar, and you can only do so much to make one very different than another, that the differences are mild to imperceivable at best. Making claims of outright superiority is foolhearted at best, and not going to go over well at all. Just say you love your boat and list reasons why, no reason o try and convince everyone you have the best boat. At the end of the day they make different boats for different folks. The saying is LITERALLY "whatever floats your boat" ...come on now...

If nothing else, the fact that Phoenix guys seem so compelled to have to defend their boat tells me it probably isn't as superior as they think, truth be told. I see far more Phoenix guys tooting their own horns and badmouthing other brands, while most skeeter, ranger, etc. guys I know just say what they love about their boat. Long story short, if you want to be a brand ambassador, by all means, endorse the product, but first learn how to endorse something. You will never make yourself look better trying to make someone else look worse, just for starters.

And onto original topic, they sure did pick one hell of a team! I need their magic crystal ball for some fantasy fishing league action haha!

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: june-bug] #11062337 08/25/15 02:06 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah

Do you have any statistical evidence to back up this claim of growing and gaining a following faster than any other boat company you can remember? I would imagine you can find similar results for just about every well made up-and-comer. Not too hard to show explosive growth in market share and following when you sell 200 boats one year and 300 the next, that's impressive (on a % basis only).

I'm not knocking Phoenix in the least. Frank was tooting their horn about having some top pros running their brand. Beyond that, I don't think there is anything to be read into Frank's OP nor Phoenix boats rate of popularity.

I remember when Triton was number one in ALLEGED market share, too. From a search of the www, I find that it is very hard if not impossible to find accurate data on market share of bass boat sales in the United States, without paying for a statistical analysis. Seems like much of the available data is anecdotal and outdated.

Perhaps someone like Mr. Gilbert at Fun-N-Sun has this data at his fingertips and would be willing to share.

I'm not knocking or promoting one brand or their pro staffers over another. I'd just like to see the real numbers rather than what folks "remember", "recall", "hear" or "heard".

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: fouzman] #11062386 08/25/15 02:22 PM
F
furim2 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F

I remember when Triton was number one in ALLEGED market share, too. From a search of the www, I find that it is very hard if not impossible to find accurate data on market share of bass boat sales in the United States, without paying for a statistical analysis. Seems like much of the available data is anecdotal and outdated.

Perhaps someone like Mr. Gilbert at Fun-N-Sun has this data at his fingertips and would be willing to share.

I'm not knocking or promoting one brand or their pro staffers over another. I'd just like to see the real numbers rather than what folks "remember", "recall", "hear" or "heard".

Market Share is not "ALLEGED". It actually exists in the Sales world.

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: furim2] #11062397 08/25/15 02:26 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: furim2
Market Share is not "ALLEGED". It actually exists in the Sales world.

I'm very aware of market share and statistical analysis in the "sales" world, sir. There are tons of market share numbers alleged every single day, without statistical evidence to support the allegation.

I was just trying to determine the resale value on Phoenix Boats through a widely accepted medium. "NADA Blue Book for Boats". I can't find Phoenix. Should I be looking under some other manufacturer name?

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/Manufacturers

Or even better, furim, could you find the most recent verifiable market share data on bass boats in the US and post it?

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11062410 08/25/15 02:29 PM
epicoutdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: june-bug] #11062428 08/25/15 02:38 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D

#MFGA
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: snickers] #11062430 08/25/15 02:38 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: snickers
A top pro will fish from any boat you give them. Look no farther than the old KVD. Do you truly think he would run a Nitro. I would like to see the polygraph on that one. Phoenix is surly a good boat I have looked at them but I will pass. My friend has one but cant seem to sell it . I am a Ranger guy and will always be for how could I not be when they gave me a brand new boat after 8 years when my transom went bad. And I do not think you could go wrong with the Skeeter they are pretty sweet.

Agreed Snickers, but KVD isn't saddled with the same consumer burdens that the rest of us are and that's mainly where Nitro gets its criticism. I think KVD might be honest when he says that he chooses to fish out of a Nitro. If Johnny Morris came to me and said.... "Hey bud.... I'm going to give you a new Nitro every year, whichever model you want, put every bell and whistle on it and some that even don't come on it, if you'd be willing to fish out of it at no cost to you." I'd jump at the chance. I think they look sharp and fish well but I'm still not going to go buy one for the reasons mentioned. Phoenix, on the other hand, I'd be willing to get though. As others have mentioned.... so little difference in the high end boats.

[Linked Image]
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: epicoutdoors] #11062456 08/25/15 02:52 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: epicoutdoors

Thanks very much. I couldn't find Phoenix boats listed in the manufacturers page. Using the guide you provided, I pulled up used boat values on three popular brands Ranger, Skeeter and Phoenix. Similarly equipped 2013's showed the following average retail price.

Ranger $53,000
Skeeter $56,000
Phoenix $48,000

That surprised me. I didn't look at new values but assume there must be a similar difference in entry point price.

Back to the original topic. I agree that Phoenix has a great pro staff.

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: fouzman] #11062470 08/25/15 02:57 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: epicoutdoors

Thanks very much. I couldn't find Phoenix boats listed in the manufacturers page. Using the guide you provided, I pulled up used boat values on three popular brands Ranger, Skeeter and Phoenix. Similarly equipped 2013's showed the following average retail price.

Ranger $53,000
Skeeter $56,000
Phoenix $48,000

That surprised me. I didn't look at new values but assume there must be a similar difference in entry point price.

Back to the original topic. I agree that Phoenix has a great pro staff.

Now you did it Chris.... Here comes the Ranger Brigade! bolt

[Linked Image]
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11062488 08/25/15 03:02 PM
Bissett Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
You could say the same for just about all the boat brands out there. Especially since you only see about 5 different boats in the Elites. Nitro has Evers and KVD..

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Bissett] #11062495 08/25/15 03:05 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: Bissett
You could say the same for just about all the boat brands out there. Especially since you only see about 5 different boats in the Elites. Nitro has Evers and KVD..

And Kernan, Horton, Clunn, Tietje, Snowden, Reed, DeFoe and some more I can't think of off the top of my head.

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11062497 08/25/15 03:06 PM
T
tonytiger Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Have gone to my local dealer in Fort Worth ,where they have skeeters and Phoenix boats side by side for the money and way boats are set up I'll put my money and all hard work I a skeeter any time .Don't care who is driving one in the pros they don't live the real world .i ain't hating on them wish it was me .oh by the way I own a zx21 sho 250

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide