Forums59
Topics1,037,810
Posts13,934,908
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11060324 08/24/15 01:53 PM
epicoutdoors Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
Is this really that hard of a post to figure out? This is a fishing forum! The BASS section!

It's great when the Fishing Forum is about fishing. Not trying to dismiss your interest in Phoenix' Boats Prostaff. I would run one in a minute and am seriously considering it.

Pro tournament fishing can't exist without the in your face nature of product endorsement but it would be so much better if the guys could just take off the clown suits and let it just be about the fishing.

I think more fisherman would benefit from learning more about bass behavior and mastering specific fishing techniques rather than getting caught up in product loyalty and what's the best rod, bait, color and whatever...... It really has so little to do with successful fishing.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: HasBen] #11060493 08/24/15 03:05 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: HasBen
Any of those guys would fish out of a Bayliner if the money was high enough. It is all about the money, nothing else. Can't blame them.

Man... I'm so ordering a jersey with Bayliner on it for when I fish local clubs with my Bayliner Cobra 1903 roflmao Gonna be the only guy at the Bayliner Owner's Club Tourney... I'll be a shoe-in for the W. fish

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11060518 08/24/15 03:18 PM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Funny how anytime Phoenix boats get mentioned the thread takes off like wildfire and the haters show up. Obviously Phoenix boats is a very interesting subject to always get so many views and or comments. People have been seeing the storm brewing and coming in for a while now and are beginning to realize that there is a new great boat company out there that is growing and gaining a following faster than any other boat company that I can remember. People then feel the need to bash out of fear and jealousy that they might not be in the best boat out there anymore lol. With that being said I did get your original post Frank. Phoenix definitely has some of the hottest sticks on the planet driving there boats.

Last edited by june-bug; 08/24/15 03:21 PM.
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Kevin Bryant] #11060712 08/24/15 04:56 PM
F
Falcon Native Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
F
+1
Originally Posted By: Kevin Bryant
If a motor won't start, probably not the boats fault. If the motor broke off the jackplate, definitely not the boats fault. You guys will find any reason to hate on anything.

Falcon Native

www.xcitebaits.com
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: june-bug] #11060760 08/24/15 05:18 PM
fouzman Offline
Methuselah
Methuselah
Originally Posted By: june-bug
Funny how anytime Phoenix boats get mentioned the thread takes off like wildfire and the haters show up. Obviously Phoenix boats is a very interesting subject to always get so many views and or comments. People have been seeing the storm brewing and coming in for a while now and are beginning to realize that there is a new great boat company out there that is growing and gaining a following faster than any other boat company that I can remember. People then feel the need to bash out of fear and jealousy that they might not be in the best boat out there anymore lol. With that being said I did get your original post Frank. Phoenix definitely has some of the hottest sticks on the planet driving there boats.

Do you have any statistical evidence to back up this claim of growing and gaining a following faster than any other boat company you can remember? I would imagine you can find similar results for just about every well made up-and-comer. Not too hard to show explosive growth in market share and following when you sell 200 boats one year and 300 the next, that's impressive (on a % basis only).

I'm not knocking Phoenix in the least. Frank was tooting their horn about having some top pros running their brand. Beyond that, I don't think there is anything to be read into Frank's OP nor Phoenix boats rate of popularity.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out" - Zachary Troy Schrah - a young man with vision far beyond his years.
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: june-bug] #11060773 08/24/15 05:27 PM
BMCD Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity

Wow must never owned a Nitro. It is amusing to hear Phoenix owners think they r the onlys ones being bashed. In fact its any boat manufacturer mentioned on these pages gets bashed.

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: BMCD] #11060815 08/24/15 05:48 PM
K
Kevin Bryant Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
Originally Posted By: BMCD

Wow must never owned a Nitro. It is amusing to hear Phoenix owners think they r the onlys ones being bashed. In fact its any boat manufacturer mentioned on these pages gets bashed.

I think Nitros are very underrated boats. I think they get a bad wrap because their resell value is low, or so people think. For example; a loaded out Ranger Z521 will cost around $80k, use it for a year and it sells for $55k. Now take a loaded Nitro Z21 or Z9 at $55-60k, use it for a year and it sells at $35-40k. Pretty much the same kind of price drop. Nitros are actually a great riding boat and have one of the most thought out fishing platforms on the market. And no, I don't run a Nitro. I run a Champion.

MBC & Associates, LLC
Specialty Commercial Construction & Asset Management
Roofing Project Manager and Moisture Consultant
Certified Infrared Thermographer
IRMS & HAAG Certified Inspector
C: (214) 289-2601
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11060903 08/24/15 06:37 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Decent staff. I think I seen somewhere that they also got Dave Mercer. As far as their boats I can't say one way or the other. I know they are ex Stratos guys so I am sure they have similarities. But in all reality does anybody make a "bad boat". I own a Skeeter but have have been in just about every other brand and to be honest not one single boat stood out in performance over another. I know the last part of this post has nothing to do with the original post but since it changed direction I thought I would add my $.02.

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: 361V] #11060921 08/24/15 06:49 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Originally Posted By: 361V
Pretty sure the original post just said kudos to Phoenix Boats for signing(hiring) such impressive pros. Don't think he said anything about it making Phoenix any better or that he would buy one just because they were running them. Ya, I get the original post(I think). Y'all took it in another direction :-).
Agreed. Phoenix had the crystal ball when they picked these guys. Good for them and their anglers!

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: june-bug] #11060996 08/24/15 07:42 PM
J
Jeff Gilbert Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J

We feel very fortunate to offer Skeeter and Phoenix boats. Both boats have features that target the bass fisherman; both boats have an extremely loyal fan base.

Some of the other brands do too, we just choose not to sell them. That doesn't make the other brands bad boats, just not what we prefer. Materials, engineering and the many organizations that inspect what they do are so advanced today that its tough to build a "bad" boat anymore. Really no need to bash what you don't run, just be proud of what you do. Or get a different one....

Here's to ruttin' bucks, cuppin' ducks, & kicker fish luck!

OWNER- FUN-n-SUN BOATS & TACKLE SALES
Cleburne & Hurst Texas
(817)279-1991 & 280-0303
www.funnsunboats.com
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: patriot07] #11061460 08/25/15 12:13 AM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content OP
TFF Guru
OP Online Content
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted By: patriot07
Originally Posted By: 361V
Pretty sure the original post just said kudos to Phoenix Boats for signing(hiring) such impressive pros. Don't think he said anything about it making Phoenix any better or that he would buy one just because they were running them. Ya, I get the original post(I think). Y'all took it in another direction :-).
Agreed. Phoenix had the crystal ball when they picked these guys. Good for them and their anglers!

ding ding ding, my prize winners. I was just simply trying to point out that Phoenix prophetically signed up some sticks a few years ago. The last 2 AOY's in BASS and now the FW Cup champion this year, and Martens will potentially win another AOY this year. Pretty darn solid!

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11061481 08/25/15 12:24 AM
C
Chris Borden Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
C
My post was taken out of context. I got to fish out of a pheonix this spring and had very little expectations. It is faster than my fx and handled rough water better than my fx. I like both but if I was going to visit Jeff and crew at fun n sun they would be selling me a new 920!

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: Frank the Tank] #11061557 08/25/15 12:59 AM
K
KB1953 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
loco

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: june-bug] #11061829 08/25/15 02:44 AM
lamoon78 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
This is exactly what is happening and people cant stand especially the Ranger guys. I own a bird and it is by far the best all round bass boat made and its showing on the market.

Re: Phoenix boats knows how pick em [Re: fouzman] #11061843 08/25/15 02:48 AM
lamoon78 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted By: fouzman

Do you have any statistical evidence to back up this claim of growing and gaining a following faster than any other boat company you can remember? I would imagine you can find similar results for just about every well made up-and-comer. Not too hard to show explosive growth in market share and following when you sell 200 boats one year and 300 the next, that's impressive (on a % basis only).

I'm not knocking Phoenix in the least. Frank was tooting their horn about having some top pros running their brand. Beyond that, I don't think there is anything to be read into Frank's OP nor Phoenix boats rate of popularity.
Look at the times when they emerged a down economy for one and look what they are doing now.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide