Made this tonight for the first time and it was great. One minor change I'd make is I'd mix the sugar and cinnamon before sprinkling it on the top.
It is from the Cajun Cooking Recipes website.
~ 3/4 cup flour
~ 1/2 tsp. salt
~ 1 small pkg. vanilla pudding
~ 1 egg
~ 1 tsp. baking powder
~ 1/2 cup milk
~ 1 large can of peaches, (3-1/3 cups) save the juice
~ 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese
~ 1/2 cup sugar
~ 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, pudding mix, egg, and milk in a large bowl. Beat for two minutes on medium speed. Pour into a 10 inch greased pie pan.
2. Place drained peaches on top, then set aside.
3. Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 3 tablespoons peach juice. Beat for two minutes until smooth. Spoon on top of the peaches and keep away from the edge--about 1 inch.
4. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Also, I am going to freeze the leftover peach juice and use in a smoothie, or perhaps in iced tea.
On average, your heart beats 100,000 times a day. One day, one of those heartbeats will be your last. Then what?
The answer is found in Jesus Christ who said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~