Originally Posted By: Mulholland
How so? A Dual console literally has the same console layout as a fish and ski with the exception of the pass through/better windshield. Floorplan/deck wise it is obviously no different, but console wise it is the same basically. The "certain need" provided by the dual side consoles is still met by a center side-by side/merged dual console, so that point is a wash.

I just feel like looking at a center console bay boat or river boat or something, then looking at a bass boat... can't help but wonder why/how we ended up with the cockpit layout we have come to know as conventional.

I believe everyones' opinions should be opinionated... what other types of opinions are there? Was my statement really all-knowing or insulting? Can a dual console bass boat be insulted? I was unaware they even had feelings...

The topic is largely subjective, but there are objective points to be made. We could for example measure the amount of cockpit space in a z9 cdc vs a z9 dual vs. z9 single console. One could also imagine that if moving around the cockpit is important, having the obstructions of the cockpit centralize makes it easier to literally move around them. noidea One could also measure wind/water hitting the driver/passenger as a means of measuring how good the cockpit is I reckon... hmmm Overall it comes down to speed, stability, comfort, and storage space, right? Aesthetics are nice on a dual console though, as is resale. I would hate to be the guy trying to sell my single console next to a bunch of dual consoles lol

You're just a little over the top don't ya think, relax it's just a fishing forum.. And you are insulting at times... You don't call things or people Stupid in an open forum,, please show some restraint if it's possible... LOL relax dude.