Forums59
Topics1,039,301
Posts13,962,524
Members144,197
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Douglas J] #11035781 08/11/15 08:57 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted By: Doug R.

here is a direct quote from Texas State Law:

"It is UNLAWFUL for any person to:

2.Operate so as to cause a hazardous wake or wash"

Is it considered hazardous if the wakes swamp another boat? It happened to me twice, from two different boats, on Cedar Creek a couple of years ago. The first time I was on the trolling motor and able to ride up and over the first wall of water before the next 2-3 came over my bow...and I'm not just talking about an inch or so of water, either. The second time I was sitting on the deck boat tying on another lure when a gigantic wall of water came over the side of my boat. Another member of our club who was there the same day was fishing out of a 17 foot boat. He had the same thing happen to him. He said he was on his trolling motor facing into the wakes and a wall of water up to his knees came over the bow.

Sorry to derail the crazy EM lady thread.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Douglas J] #11035783 08/11/15 08:58 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Originally Posted By: Mulholland
Originally Posted By: Razorback
I don't have a problem with people on the water near "my spot", but I do have a problem with the notion that someone is driving around the lake in a boat whose ballasts they have filled with water so he can throw the most enormous wake possible. Does it ever cross his mind that the people he is pulling behind his boat aren't the only ones getting to "enjoy" the four foot high wall of water he is intentionally producing?

We run with the ballast empty actually, but loaded with people it's plenty of weight still lol... that said, I honestly have more bass boats trying to swamp me than wake boats generally. Guys are VERY comfortable vaulting by very close on pad... wake boats are usually only much an issue when fishing the calmer waters out of the wind behind the dam/spillway at most lakes I frequent, witht he exception being around marinas which rent pleasureboats.... but those aren't actual boaters and are generally very hazardous people on the water regardless lol. I do really enjoy watching the shenanigans near those boat rental places sometimes though

End of the day, his wake may impact you but if you aren't in a no wake zone and he isn't unreasonably close to you, his wake is none of your business even if it rocks your boat. It's a lake, it has waves whether he makes them or not. Most nerve racking experience as a boater has to be bass tourney guys running on pad in blinding fog on Squaw though... that was beyond nuts! Had a boat end up treed like a raccoon that the faculty spent a lot of time assisting, what a way to ruin your day *Smh*

And your bow rising and falling or your boat rolling over a wake form a boat 50+ yards away isn't likely considered hazardous. How would you define hazardous since you seem to think that this law somehow disagrees with what I just said?

I fish in water rougher than most wakeboats could generate trying to swamp me... I suppose some people may be more sensitive than I am, but unless there is any real risk of you flooding my boat, knocking me overboard, or running into me, and you aren't tangling into my line, I don't really all that much care what you're doing.

The law explicitly states they aren't to circle any other fishing or ski boat or pwc. That much isn't subjective. If they were to circle you making waves, that would expressly break the law, otherwise that law pertains primarily to stationary boats in marinas, tied off, etc. I would imagine. How dangerous could the wake from a passing boat really be without breaking one of the other laws related to that?

Again, my point is that most of the comments are pretty humorous given the biased nature of most people regarding sharing the water in the sense of pleasure boaters, even though they expect dock/slip owners to embrace the concept with them... circle of life/food chain type stuff... good laughs. Everyone is rustling somebody elses jimmies one way or another... everyone should just try not to be so salty.

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Mulholland] #11035834 08/11/15 09:18 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
I
Originally Posted By: Razorback
I don't have a problem with people on the water near "my spot", but I do have a problem with the notion that someone is driving around the lake in a boat whose ballasts they have filled with water so he can throw the most enormous wake possible. Does it ever cross his mind that the people he is pulling behind his boat aren't the only ones getting to "enjoy" the four foot high wall of water he is intentionally producing?

We run with the ballast empty actually, but loaded with people it's plenty of weight still lol... that said, I honestly have more bass boats trying to swamp me than wake boats generally. Guys are VERY comfortable vaulting by very close on pad... wake boats are usually only much an issue when fishing the calmer waters out of the wind behind the dam/spillway at most lakes I frequent, witht he exception being around marinas which rent pleasureboats.... but those aren't actual boaters and are generally very hazardous people on the water regardless lol. I do really enjoy watching the shenanigans near those boat rental places sometimes though

End of the day, his wake may impact you but if you aren't in a no wake zone and he isn't unreasonably close to you, his wake is none of your business even if it rocks your boat. It's a lake, it has waves whether he makes them or not. Most nerve racking experience as a boater has to be bass tourney guys running on pad in blinding fog on Squaw though... that was beyond nuts! Had a boat end up treed like a raccoon that the faculty spent a lot of time assisting, what a way to ruin your day *Smh*

And your bow rising and falling or your boat rolling over a wake form a boat 50+ yards away isn't likely considered hazardous. How would you define hazardous since you seem to think that this law somehow disagrees with what I just said?

I fish in water rougher than most wakeboats could generate trying to swamp me... I suppose some people may be more sensitive than I am, but unless there is any real risk of you flooding my boat, knocking me overboard, or running into me, and you aren't tangling into my line, I don't really all that much care what you're doing.

The law explicitly states they aren't to circle any other fishing or ski boat or pwc. That much isn't subjective. If they were to circle you making waves, that would expressly break the law, otherwise that law pertains primarily to stationary boats in marinas, tied off, etc. I would imagine. How dangerous could the wake from a passing boat really be without breaking one of the other laws related to that?

Again, my point is that most of the comments are pretty humorous given the biased nature of most people regarding sharing the water in the sense of pleasure boaters, even though they expect dock/slip owners to embrace the concept with them... circle of life/food chain type stuff... good laughs. Everyone is rustling somebody elses jimmies one way or another... everyone should just try not to be so salty.

I quit, you are a straight mix of a bipolar and a know it all.

good luck Mr E. Britannica

#MFGA
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11035900 08/11/15 09:47 PM
M
Mulholland Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
I'm a bipolar and a know-it-all for finding amusement in the juxtaposition of anglers sharing water with dock owners but not having the same views with pleasure boaters, and for requesting that you elaborate on what you consider dangerous wake?

Thanks for contributing nothing at all to the conversation with your random personal attacks. I appreciate the concern but I am of quite sound mind. It is very sad for you that my observation was such an affront to you that you need to try and put me down, but I am glad to see you graciously bowing out of the conversation if you don't actually have anything to add other than insults. rolleyes

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11035921 08/11/15 09:57 PM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
The law states you're responsible for any damage done by your wake. The whole "deal with my wake" you argue is invalid.

You seem to represent that you have superior knowledge about every subject posted as well as you will take any position so that you're in the position to be confrontational and argumentative...

JMHO

#MFGA
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11035945 08/11/15 10:08 PM
Karl Dietz Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
At least you two aren't snobs and racists! LOL!

Karl Dietz
2015 BassCat Cougar/250 Mercury ProXS
2 HB Helix 12's

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Mulholland] #11035967 08/11/15 10:18 PM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I'm a bipolar and a know-it-all for finding amusement in the juxtaposition of anglers sharing water with dock owners but not having the same views with pleasure boaters, and for requesting that you elaborate on what you consider dangerous wake?

Thanks for contributing nothing at all to the conversation with your random personal attacks. I appreciate the concern but I am of quite sound mind. It is very sad for you that my observation was such an affront to you that you need to try and put me down, but I am glad to see you graciously bowing out of the conversation if you don't actually have anything to add other than insults. rolleyes

Wake boats should be outlawed period. I am a dock owner and a fisherman. I can assure you that a wake oat 50 yards away from a dock will tear a floating dock up. The only lake I know of in that has realized this after dock owners finally proved it was Brownwood. Now there are no wake bouts 500 foot from almost all of the floating docks on the lake.
At my lake house what few wake boats there are always run there boats about 100 foot from the only gloating docks on the lake. We have had docks break free, 3" pipe seamen broken. I was actually pitched out of a chair backwards last summer. Out GW started giving warnings to wake boaters about their wakes causing damage. Next summer he said he will start writing tickets. The shoreline erosion they cause is similar to that of a constant 30 mph wind. The funny thing is 90% of the people I see a wake boat pulling are directly behind the boat and avoiding the wake.

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11036136 08/11/15 11:35 PM
W
WillieKetchum Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
W
Back to the issue at hand-----

Is the lady that owns that dock really hot or not???

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: atisch12] #11036241 08/12/15 12:25 AM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Dang auto correct, 3" pipe deadman( arm to keep dock anchored) hammer

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: 9094] #11036251 08/12/15 12:28 AM
D
David Burton Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted By: 9094
Dang auto correct, 3" pipe deadman( arm to keep dock anchored) hammer

Thank you, I thought we were about to get an early hump-day ban!

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: WillieKetchum] #11036252 08/12/15 12:28 AM
T
txmasterpo Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted By: WillieKetchum
Back to the issue at hand-----

Is the lady that owns that dock really hot or not???

Yea no kidding!!! I didn't read much of all that bi polar wake boat racist snobby nonsense sarcastic

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11036812 08/12/15 11:22 AM
C
CubbyObrien Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
wow, this thread got hijacked@!

Go home at the end of your shift, no matter the cost!
Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: Drop_shot_king] #11045583 08/16/15 08:32 PM
S
str1249 Offline
Angler
Angler
S
Bring cheese. She's already got the "Whine".

Re: EM lake home owner really thinks she owns water [Re: bassackwards dav] #11045651 08/16/15 09:21 PM
S
stratos1760dv Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
S
I had a guy at fork point a shot gun at me in a night tournament. There some crazy people who have no clue.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide