Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11041024 08/14/15 03:21 AM
J
jason77 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I am not dogging Pat personly, I don't even know the guy he could be the nicest most helpful guy ever. I did not mean to sound like I hated him or any thing. I just seriously disagree with him on boats. I have I have owned every thing from Rangers to bottom of the line trackers. I have read his post on other boats and he disagrees with a lot of boats for no real reason. A lot of the claimes he makes are repeated opion based right off the internet. From people who never owned one. How can you judge something you have never owned. A quick search of Cujan Boats will tell you how good they are. Way more people like them then dislike and the only reason the dislike them is because of Travis. And all the really did was put one of johnsons most reliable motor on the back. Even though the were way cheaper the SPL is one of the best outboards ever made. There cold starting but a very good motor. They were about $1000-$2000 cheaper then anything els at the time. If people would take the time and do real research they would know what are decent boats and arnt. Bayliner made one of the most popular boats on the market. And we're great boat I had two over the years not a problem at all with either one of them. What makes a hull [censored]? In stead of just saying there all junk give examples of why? What makes them junk? Something with actule proof not just opion based hear say. That's all I am saying. One person like Ford with an other like Dodge. Neither one is junk but I can get more of a truck with less money with a dodge. So I am buying the dodge!

Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11041079 08/14/15 04:07 AM
kingdad101 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

Originally Posted By: jason77
I am not dogging Pat personly, I don't even know the guy

yeah, we know.....

And don't take advice from pat on boats

Pat gave a lot of [censored] advise and won't admit when he is wrong.

you sound more out of touch with every post..maybe you should just give it up

Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11041112 08/14/15 05:08 AM
J
jason77 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
No my post was spot on. He does give some poor advise in my opion when it comes to boats. He is a good source for motor troubles. How can you say all those boat had poor huals. Have you owned a lot of boats?over the years the years I have owned a lot of boats so great some not so great. I am a firm believer not to judge something till I have owned and used it. I had a 2006 ranger I bought in 2008. I made the mistake and listens to others in stead of doing my of doing my research on the boat, it was way over rated every one says the ride gear I didn't think so, it defenty didn't take rough water well like people said. I think a lot of guys just say that because of the name. It had wiring problems and stress cracks in the hual. I sold it the fallowing sping. Like I said I have owed a lot of boats. Some good some, some not so great. I have a fish master 18 ft that I love, a lot of guys don't like them. It has been one of the best boats if owned not one issue at all, And I have a tracker patoon boat that I love and do most my fish out of. I like the room and it's comfortable. My point is he needs to do his own research and see if he likes it. Cajun made a great boat. I love my 1992 Cajun. Just because you have a diffnent opionin then some one does not mean you dislike them how can I dislike someone I don't know?

Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11041313 08/14/15 12:57 PM
P
Pat Goff Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
I'll tell you what pards...
Go work at a dealership for a few years.
Inspect the boats coming in for trade in value. All of them. Not the ONE you owned. Get burned a few times buying a cancer case, now it's your livelihood, not your hobby. You'll learn fast what to look for.

You want to have a conversation with me? I don't hide, I'll give you my phone number call me anytime if you question something said. People come here asking questions because they don't know, which is intelligent, if I've seen thirty (NOT ONE) roll by with a consistent issue, I'll tell that person it's a consistent POS. There are still some vegas driving around, does that mean it was a great car?

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11041332 08/14/15 01:06 PM
kingdad101 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Quote:
opion
those boat had poor huals
one says the ride gear I didn't think so, it defenty
I have owed a lot of boats
My point is he needs to do his own research (Pat invented research, test driving NEW boats for builders)

and your claim to know more than Pat..."over the years the years I have owned a lot of boats so great some not so great"
take my advise and give it up...

Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11042689 08/15/15 12:26 AM
texcajun Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Yo Pat! I had a Vega. Best $200.00 I ever spent. roflmao

2002 Scandy White, 2002 Yamaha 90
Point me towards the water!
Re: Good deal? [Re: jason77] #11042721 08/15/15 12:49 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
No my post was spot on. He does give some poor advise in my opion when it comes to boats. He is a good source for motor troubles. How can you say all those boat had poor huals. Have you owned a lot of boats?over the years the years I have owned a lot of boats so great some not so great. I am a firm believer not to judge something till I have owned and used it. I had a 2006 ranger I bought in 2008. I made the mistake and listens to others in stead of doing my of doing my research on the boat, it was way over rated every one says the ride gear I didn't think so, it defenty didn't take rough water well like people said. I think a lot of guys just say that because of the name. It had wiring problems and stress cracks in the hual. I sold it the fallowing sping. Like I said I have owed a lot of boats. Some good some, some not so great. I have a fish master 18 ft that I love, a lot of guys don't like them. It has been one of the best boats if owned not one issue at all, And I have a tracker patoon boat that I love and do most my fish out of. I like the room and it's comfortable. My point is he needs to do his own research and see if he likes it. Cajun made a great boat. I love my 1992 Cajun. Just because you have a diffnent opionin then some one does not mean you dislike them how can I dislike someone I don't know?

jason, pat has not only worked for dealerships but he was a test driver for champion, he has been in and seen more boats than you will live to see if you go by "I owned one".
his opinion is highly respected on here and bass boat central, probably some other forums I don't even know about.
I respect that you like your boat but when it comes to knowledge of hulls, quality of build, value and to buy or not buy a brand pat is the expert.

your opinion is yours and you are welcome to post it but learn to listen to those of us that have been around awhile (on here and in life in general) and you will get a lot further along in life.

Re: Good deal? [Re: texcajun] #11042722 08/15/15 12:49 AM
hopalong Offline
Pescador Loco
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted By: texcajun
Yo Pat! I had a Vega. Best $200.00 I ever spent. roflmao

bought it from derek didn't ya? roflmao

Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11053833 08/20/15 08:09 PM
J
JFGloor Offline
Angler
Angler
J
Team Pat. I don't know the guy either. I read a lot of old posts on here and anytime I saw something from Pat I could tell he wasn't just blowing smoke. Guys with his knowledge on here are valuable and he will gladly share it. I look up Pat's posts just to see what he puts cause I know it will always be good info. Heck that's how I found this thread.

Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11054247 08/21/15 12:21 AM
P
Pat Goff Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
P
Thanks for the kind words, I'm flattered, but this got personal a couple of months ago, might as well let everyone know why so you can stand in line to throw rocks at me.

Chemdog was having boat issues, he's got a little boat with a little motor and carries a big load. The answer is simple, put a smaller prop on and head down the road. I then got pages of text about what if this or that, and I made the non-political statement of if you're going to load your tub with whales, you gotta change your gears (prop) he took that as a direct insult to his veteran buddies, and from then on I've been vermin. So everything I now say is a lie, and any knowledge I have is misleading.

So, that's why they want to sling poo at me from Killeen, not the first time, probably won't be the last. If you don't want to know what I think, don't ask.

So, I don't hide behind an alias, you want my phone number I'll put it up, want my address I'll give that out too, makes no difference to me, just don't think you'll get any respect hiding behind a curtain.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Good deal? [Re: drilla4rilla] #11054292 08/21/15 12:51 AM
kingdad101 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
thats what you get for being skinny.... grin

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread