Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: POC [Re: firemanfisher10] #11010046 07/30/15 06:32 PM
F
firemanfisher10 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F
tks jig_guy I'm gonna have to give that a shot for sure..

Re: POC [Re: firemanfisher10] #11011014 07/31/15 02:27 AM
S
stingray10 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Lots to say on this subject but I'll try to keep it as short to the point as I can.

First, what I do is go to the TPWD fishing reports and go through every year and check out seasonal patterns to where fish are staging. Secondly, get on google earth pro and use the history button and go to 2009 images to see a vast underside of the water you have not seen before.

Once you've done that, you say hey, it's summer, where are the fish? By your reports you've looked up you know they should be in X. For summer, trout are normally gonna be in deeper water... waste to chest in the morning... I concentrate on grass and sand pockets keying on those depths. When it gets hot, they normally fall off to deeper water such as deeper spoils or reefs for cooler water. Fish like structure, shell, grass, guts.... Fish are triggered by the tide to feed, but the tide readings are only at a given place in time at a certain time. For instance, the tide may be high at noon, but it's high at noon at the point it's being read (Pass Cavallo), it may not have even reached a place like pringle lake yet..

This might be the most important... if you are fishing water, looking around and you don't see bait darting, shrimp jumping, slicks, birds diving or gulls hovering, ACTIVITY... MOVE, the water is "dead", so to speak... Find active bait you find fish, they follow the bait. Long lobbing mullet is not anything that fits this criteria

Redfish... they love current... drains from back lakes that are running out into the main bay on a falling tide... fish that flat it is dumping into. Wind driven currents on shorelines, pinch points. Reds get further into the shallower water as the tide rises to go search for shrimp, crabs, mullet, menhaden, etc. FOLLOW THE BAIT and what pushes and pulls the bait to areas (THE TIDE)..

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there is seasonality, feeding times, solunar talks, and all sorts of things to talk more about, but for right now if you stick to these few topics, your luck will turn from bad to muuuuuuch better.

Hope it helps, I fish POC as my family owns a condo down there. We are in a red El Pescador, say hi if you ever see us.

Tight lines!

Last edited by stingray10; 07/31/15 02:48 AM.
Re: POC [Re: firemanfisher10] #11012331 07/31/15 08:49 PM
F
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F
tks for the info sting ray that was a lot of good info for anybody reading this thread. I like to think that Im fair at chasing bait and sight fishing. I think its more of I need to pay attention to the tides and currents and learn the bay system way better.. Question? Ive been kinda scared to ask this cuz it may be a dumb question, but what are the back lakes? Ive heard people say it a ton. But I didn't want to ask with out looking dumb..

Im in a 19 Baysport with Honda 90 stingray If you see my also.. I normally launch at fishing center

Re: POC [Re: firemanfisher10] #11012567 07/31/15 10:23 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Pringle, Contee, long lake, Pats, power, 5th lake...all are back lakes against the island. Pringle is the largest and easiest to get into, also gets the most pressure. You need a very shallow running hull to slip into and out of contee, and a super shallow craft to run into 5th or power. What you'll find is a completely different situation, shallow flats with grass and clear water. Stealth and casting skills will go a long way.

Shoalwater is usually the same deal, only it's on the west side of the bay.

Why I run a jet scooter, when the tides fall out like they were this week, all the shallow sports just wish they could get in the ponds.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: POC [Re: firemanfisher10] #11012601 07/31/15 10:40 PM
F
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F
now that makes a to of sense Pat. tks for the info. I have the navionics app on my phone and I just looked at those lakes and there showing a ton of hot spots all over the back lakes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide