Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney #10988067 07/20/15 11:26 AM
Beltonbanger� Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Had some gusty winds at times, but overall very fishable. I'll let the board picture tell the story. I believe we caught most of our fish in 16-20 FOW. Max was dangling a couple of Todd's baits and a old favorite of his tipped with minnow. I used home made hair jig and one of Lane's bait.

The "no bull" fish taxidermist!!!!!

Visit me on Facebook!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fin-and-Bones-Taxidermy/337236589711827?ref=stream
Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988073 07/20/15 11:33 AM
Beltonbanger� Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler

We caught all of our fish off of brush I believe. I didn't check on the fish early enough, but
by 10am we lost 4 fish between 1.92lb. and 1.98lb. Costly mistake on my part, we couldn't duplicate
those fish by weigh-in time. Those fish are going on MY wall as a reminder.

Visit me on Facebook!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fin-and-Bones-Taxidermy/337236589711827?ref=stream
Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988077 07/20/15 11:41 AM
Beltonbanger� Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler

Met a couple new to me folks! Rockhopper for one!!! Folks, if you think you can't learn something
from fishing these Crappie Anglers of Texas tournaments your mistaken. Fish are different every time.
Figuring out the pattern is 90% of the game. Come fish one of the outings and you will see. Keep your ears opened
and you will become a better crappie fisherman!!

Visit me on Facebook!!!
Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988089 07/20/15 11:50 AM
F
fishinman Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Nice pics!! Congrats to all the participants!

Last edited by fishinman; 07/20/15 11:50 AM.
Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988109 07/20/15 12:11 PM
rockhopper Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Pleasure to meet you Bill! Thanks for your time taking all those photos and sorry to hear about you and Max not being able to weigh in your best ones. OUCH!

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988112 07/20/15 12:12 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
coolphotos Awesome post! cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988307 07/20/15 01:53 PM
Jason Burton Guide Service Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Looks like everyone enjoyed Palestine!

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988384 07/20/15 02:29 PM
S
Stucky76 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
It was a HOT day out there and it was good seeing some folks I haven't seen in a long time and some new friends too. Fishing was terrible for Dub and I and the spot we wanted to fish on tourney day was inaccessible due to the wind. Oh well, on to Fork! Congrats to all of the winners. Those were some impressive weights for being such a tough bite lately.

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988512 07/20/15 03:19 PM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
WE had a good time! Thanks CAT! Little man was asking me when another crappie tournament was 2 weeks ago and I told him there was one on Palestine so he urged me to get in it! We were hanging out at the camp July 4th weekend and an old duck hunting buddy stopped by to tell me he was getting into crappie fishing and said we outta go out sometime so I suggested we fish the CAT Tourney and he agreed! We both prefished the lake a couple times and marked alot of stuff. I have always been able to catch numbers on Palestine but knew I wouldn't have weight for a tourney so this made me get off my normal milk run and go find new spots and big fish! If nothing else I picked up 15-20 new piles and about that many productive docks as well. We caught fish off Thermocline Mr and Super Fry's and Pappy's hand ties on Fork. Looking forward to Fork tourney, I've slacked for too many years on that lake fishing the same old same old. Still getting comfortable with my graph, but getting a little better each trip. Always wanted to fish cedar creek as well so that will be neat! Have shot some ducks there but never pitched a jig in that lake!

Thanks CAT! Langdon and I had a blast! Now if I can just get him to crappie fish more next time! He threw a brush hog most of the day, oh well! He's fishing! Heck one of my best crappie ever came out in front of Yarborough on Millwood on a brush hog. I'm just glad he loves fishing!!

Slew smile

Last edited by Slewfoot; 07/20/15 03:23 PM.
Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Slewfoot] #10988801 07/20/15 05:18 PM
T
tboxfish Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
WE had a good time! Thanks CAT! Little man was asking me when another crappie tournament was 2 weeks ago and I told him there was one on Palestine so he urged me to get in it! We were hanging out at the camp July 4th weekend and an old duck hunting buddy stopped by to tell me he was getting into crappie fishing and said we outta go out sometime so I suggested we fish the CAT Tourney and he agreed! We both prefished the lake a couple times and marked alot of stuff. I have always been able to catch numbers on Palestine but knew I wouldn't have weight for a tourney so this made me get off my normal milk run and go find new spots and big fish! If nothing else I picked up 15-20 new piles and about that many productive docks as well. We caught fish off Thermocline Mr and Super Fry's and Pappy's hand ties on Fork. Looking forward to Fork tourney, I've slacked for too many years on that lake fishing the same old same old. Still getting comfortable with my graph, but getting a little better each trip. Always wanted to fish cedar creek as well so that will be neat! Have shot some ducks there but never pitched a jig in that lake!

Thanks CAT! Langdon and I had a blast! Now if I can just get him to crappie fish more next time! He threw a brush hog most of the day, oh well! He's fishing! Heck one of my best crappie ever came out in front of Yarborough on Millwood on a brush hog. I'm just glad he loves fishing!!

Slew smile

His smile was priceless clap

It was a tough day for us, caught plenty of fish, but getting quality fish was a chore!!!
All our fish came off the new color, Pearl Ice.....A lot of guys said they caught some fish on the BES, but we couldn't noidea

Richie worked constantly to keep our fish alive in my small livewell. I just ordered a recirculating aerator system for my livewell - hope it helps on Fork!
I'll be testing it out as soon as it gets here hmmm

thumb up to all that fished in that heat......

Todd Box
THERMOCLINE LURES
"Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
www.thermoclinelures.com/shop

Todd's Crappie Tutorial Trips
Cell 903-588-0129
Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988879 07/20/15 05:49 PM
Tommy Ezell Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Grrrr Palestine is my nemisis. We disqualified ourselves as we forgot to wear our life jackets the first part of the day. I'm bad about the life jacket thingy.

We had 4 11" black crappie that swam away at the slip before trailering to weigh in. I wish Palestine wasn't so far away so I could go back and ruff her up as she's done me. We took'm over the bow all day being stubborn.

Congrats again everyone.

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10988890 07/20/15 05:53 PM
Laner Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Good looking pictures Bill! I'm glad you like taking the camera around the world with you, it's good for telling stories. Was Palestine as windy as CC was on Saturday???

Check Out The New Website!!!

TCU Alumni class of 2009

Owner/Operator Ft. Worth's Premiere Guide Service: www.ftworthfishing.com
817-266-9811

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: tboxfish] #10989117 07/20/15 08:02 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted By: tboxfish
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot

Slew smile

His smile was priceless clap

It was a tough day for us, caught plenty of fish, but getting quality fish was a chore!!!
All our fish came off the new color, Pearl Ice.....A lot of guys said they caught some fish on the BES, but we couldn't noidea

Richie worked constantly to keep our fish alive in my small livewell. I just ordered a recirculating aerator system for my livewell - hope it helps on Fork!
I'll be testing it out as soon as it gets here hmmm

thumb up to all that fished in that heat......

I could only get bit on the Super Fry - Black Emerald Shiner. (big bait) Believe me, I tried downsizing, change colors ect....It was just a tough day. We fished 20-25 ft timber and fish were stacked up but just didn't want to answer the door and dance.

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Beltonbanger�] #10990198 07/21/15 05:44 AM
C
crope1 Offline
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
Ronnie Hurt'em Roberts
C
congrats to all! good to start the young ones out early....the smile says it all!

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney [Re: Laner] #10990249 07/21/15 09:32 AM
Beltonbanger� Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted By: Guide Lane Palmer
Good looking pictures Bill! I'm glad you like taking the camera around the world with you, it's good for telling stories. Was Palestine as windy as CC was on Saturday???

Always have a camera Lane!!!! BTW.......I love that Don Kershner jig!!!! smile

Visit me on Facebook!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide