facebook
Forum Stats
102741 Members
61 Forums
859438 Topics
11275283 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#10974974 - 07/13/15 08:09 PM Next week...Wilsons Cut, Bird Island, or stick to the surf?
Naggler Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: Austin
Kayaking next week for fours days!!! Haven't been in a while, but we are staying at Sandpiper right across from Wilsons Cut, so I figure I will at least give it a whirl. Anybody hit there, Shamrock, or Bird Island Basin lately? Any suggestions? Or should I try somewhere else?
I will definitely take the Father in law out to the surf for some early morning artificial chunkin...gulps and spook jrs etc. Any tips are appreciated!

#10976261 - 07/14/15 11:49 AM Re: Next week...Wilsons Cut, Bird Island, or stick to the surf? [Re: Naggler]
TOO Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: San Antonio, Texas USA
Originally Posted By: Naggler
Kayaking next week for fours days!!! Haven't been in a while, but we are staying at Sandpiper right across from Wilsons Cut, so I figure I will at least give it a whirl. Anybody hit there, Shamrock, or Bird Island Basin lately? Any suggestions? Or should I try somewhere else?
I will definitely take the Father in law out to the surf for some early morning artificial chunkin...gulps and spook jrs etc. Any tips are appreciated!

Kayak? I'd run to BIB and head south a bit along the west shoreline of PINS and fish that area, ULM has been on fire, most people fish on KR shoreline but east side has fish also. Shamrock always has fish, but is hit pretty hard, be aware of past break ins at both BIB and WC, but it happens just about everywhere along the coast if stuff is left in truck and they can see it.

Watch Swell Info and other sites for surf forecast, if not too bad, fish the surf as mentioned, might consider fishing a hardbait; Mirrolure, etc, or a soft plastic. Topwater can be deadly, but seems most fish have been in second gut since June, but right now surf is running pretty sandy right now. Forecast for early next weeks suggest a drop in surf waves so possible surf action next week. If you get some green-ish water hit it and give it a try. Gulp under a popping cork or live shrimp might be a good bet if conditions are marginal.

Anywhere you want to fish the grass flats you'll find scattered reds, and all along the east side of Mustang Island you'll find some good trout, reds, and been finding flounder there.
Good Luck

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide