facebook
Forum Stats
102723 Members
61 Forums
859113 Topics
11270459 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#10972126 - 07/12/15 03:05 PM ICAST Rumors?
TOMCAT21 Online   content
Pro Angler

Loc: Keller, TX
ICAST is this week. I've seen the first Bassmaster "leak" but nothing else. Anyone hearing/seeing any rumors?

#10972243 - 07/12/15 04:23 PM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
Mark Jones Offline
Extreme Angler

Headed there Monday, one of my favorite trips of the year.

#10972297 - 07/12/15 04:50 PM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
Mark Perry Online   content

Loc: Point Reyes
If we were not headed to Cali for 10 days at end of month I would have went. I did get a copy of new Daiwa catalog and the PDF for new Megabass products that are being released. Lots of great stuff from them and other companies.

#10972525 - 07/12/15 07:08 PM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
Rob Lay Offline
TFF Celebrity

Loc: Southlake, TX
Looking forward to seeing what Megabass has and the FLW Tour schedule.

#10972895 - 07/12/15 09:43 PM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
txwhitetail Offline
TFF Guru

Loc: San Angelo
Livingston coming out with some "new" knockoffs.

#10973086 - 07/13/15 01:49 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
aneil Online   content
Angler

I will be there working the Jigskinz booth. My first trip. Looking forward to it!

#10973096 - 07/13/15 03:42 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: txwhitetail]
Drop_shot_king Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Irving tx
Originally Posted By: txwhitetail
Livingston coming out with some "new" knockoffs.

Why did I laugh so hard at this haha

#10973108 - 07/13/15 05:33 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
Brad R Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Texas
Funny, I actually dreamed about it last night, that I attended the 2015 ICAST.

In my dream ICAST sort of followed economic trends the way skirt lengths do according to decades of statistics. After an austere 2009 owing to a crappy economy where ICAST featured purple worms as its hottest attraction, 2015 was elevated by high stock market prices and cash laden consumers. In my dream, I was walking toward one booth and I saw the venerable purple worm on display. What? As I approached with a befuddled look on my face, a well-known bass pro said he knew exactly what I was thinking, that there was nothing new here. I said, yes, that was my exact thought, that all I saw was the old standard purple plastic worm . . . but this wasn't 2009 anymore I reminded him! He looked at me, then flipped the worm on its back and it had . . . external genitalia! I said worms don't have "those" and fish know it! He said, yes, but fisherman don't! Hmm! Good point. What are you going to call it, I mean him? The bass pro said "the dachshund **** dragger," or 3D for short. I laughed, was getting ready to walk away, but the pro bass dude had great influence on me. I NEEDED these in my tackle box, bought a half dozen 6 packs of various colors, including one called "dusty ding dong" and another called "bright beach balls" (yes, it had those, too!). Kevin said thanks as I walked away.

What a dream! I awoke in a light sweat.

Ha! Brad

#10973161 - 07/13/15 06:50 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
APT Offline
Extreme Angler

Loc: N. Richland Hills, TX
Headed out in the morning. Looking forward to it.

• Free Lay-Away - Gift Certificates - Special Orders
  • Serving Free Gourmet Popcorn Since 2009
http://anglersprotackle.com

#10973166 - 07/13/15 06:54 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: Brad R]
basscat dad Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: savannah, texas
Originally Posted By: Brad R

In my dream ICAST sort of followed economic trends the way skirt lengths do according to decades of statistics. After an austere 2009 owing to a crappy economy where ICAST featured purple worms as its hottest attraction, 2015 was elevated by high stock market prices and cash laden consumers. In my dream, I was walking toward one booth and I saw the venerable purple worm on display. What? As I approached with a befuddled look on my face, a well-known bass pro said he knew exactly what I was thinking, that there was nothing new here. I said, yes, that was my exact thought, that all I saw was the old standard purple plastic worm . . . but this wasn't 2009 anymore I reminded him! He looked at me, then flipped the worm on its back and it had . . . external genitalia! I said worms don't have "those" and fish know it! He said, yes, but fisherman don't! Hmm! Good point. What are you going to call it, I mean him? The bass pro said "the dachshund **** dragger," or 3D for short. I laughed, was getting ready to walk away, but the pro bass dude had great influence on me. I NEEDED these in my tackle box, bought a half dozen 6 packs of various colors, including one called "dusty ding dong" and another called "bright beach balls" (yes, it had those, too!). Kevin said thanks as I walked away.

Ha! Brad

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. everybody knows the purple worms were all females!!

#10973348 - 07/13/15 08:42 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: Brad R]
Thinwater skinner Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Stephenville, TX

Ha! Brad

Great dream... What did you have for supper? Salty Dogs? Thanks for a very good laugh.

#10973648 - 07/13/15 10:35 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
Brad R Offline
Pro Angler

Salty Dogs and a great case of indigestion.

But, alas, I just dozed off here at my computer and found myself back in the same dream. I had left the booth with these rather obscene and nasty looking worms hidden well down in a bag. I didn't want anyone to get any ideas. Grande Bass! Another booth set up with GB's new worm with an air cavity you can fill and float their butts in the air! Eureka! I HAD to have them so I bought six packs of 6, left happy but thinking I had too many worms. I wondered if I could return my dangling dachshunds? I went back, told Kevin I had stumbled across a new worm I liked even better, could I return these? He asked me what was better about them. Air, I said, floating tails, that sort of thing. He leaned over and whispered confidentially that I could blow air into the dachshunds, too! I was so happy!!! WAIT! Exactly where is the orifice that one uses to blow the air into the worm? Kevin dropped his chin and wiggled his eyebrows. I, I, what, are you implying . . . that I . . . yes, he said, for the sake of economy, there is nothing like using one innovation, the dangle, to solve two problems, the float.

I awoke minutes ago in a much deeper sweat. No! No matter what the fishing consequences are, there are just some things a man won't do!

Brad

Edited by Brad R (07/13/15 10:36 AM)
Edit Reason: edit

#10973657 - 07/13/15 10:38 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
Brad R Offline
Pro Angler

Silliness here. In reality, I sure wish I was able to make the ICAST. I bet they are lots of fun!

Brad

#10977562 - 07/14/15 09:24 PM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: TOMCAT21]
Brent S Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Eagle Mountain Lake
It appears that 13 fishing is discontinuing their omen black series and coming out with their new replacement rod.

#10977981 - 07/15/15 07:40 AM Re: ICAST Rumors? [Re: basscat dad]
GarySHO Offline
Ice Ice Baby

Loc: Haworth, Ok
Originally Posted By: basscat dad

Ha! Brad

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. everybody knows the purple worms were all females!!
Yeah. And they mated with blue saphire worms which are male, that's how we got blue fleck.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt
Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide