Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,039,153
Posts13,960,098
Members144,192
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Finally Tested my Lews Reel and Rod at Lake Allen Henry #10969716 07/11/15 04:09 AM
R
RonL Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
R
Had a windy day . I don't have a boat but me and the wife went for about a half day to Lake Allen Henry and I finally got to test my new Lews' BB1 Proreel and Lews' Speed Stick rod . It took me quite a while to get use to the rod being 7' and only had to make the slightest adjustments on the brake but after I got use to it I got better at casting it . Heavier lures casted longer naturally than the lighter ones but I readjusted the brake to deal with wind and light lure . We fished at the pier at the main boat landing . The only thing I caught the whole day was a white crappie about 6" long so it went back in .

Now at first I had a hard time with it so I was a little disappointed so I set it aside and picked up my Abu Garcia Pro Max on a Quantum rod 6-1/2' . Had to adjust the brake quite a bit on that and got a few backlashes but managed to get those fixed easily from watching a video on Youtube how to deal with backlashes . Now I know this will or maybe cause me some slack here but I really like my Pro Max and would not trade it for another Lews' reel . If I had a 7' rod for the AG Pro Max I know I could cast it just as far as I could the Lews' reel and rod .

Granted I do really like the BB1 after I got it properly adjusted and got use to it and it's a keeper but I also equally like my Pro Max . I caught my fish on the Pro Max, but since the wind was up quite a bit I decided to fish with a minnow for crappie and only caught the one .

I will say tho the BB1 is a great reel paired with a good rod but the Pro Max at half the price is an equally great reel also , just needs a good pairing rod with it . I got me a couple of really nice reels with rods , I'm happy ! Life is Good !

RonL
Re: Finally Tested my Lews Reel and Rod at Lake Allen Henry [Re: RonL] #10969722 07/11/15 04:16 AM
R
RonL Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
R
I forgot to mention about the lake itself . It's up more than I have ever seen it . At the bottom of the boat landing there is a walk path out to where you park the boats temporarily or go to the fishing building . At the lowest point water covered the walk way about 2-1/2' deep so we had to take our shoes and socks off and roll up our pants to cross.

RonL
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide