Forums59
Topics1,038,925
Posts13,955,529
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) #10960231 07/06/15 10:37 PM
F
Fishing Photographer Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F

Between not knowing what category to post something similar on Craigslist and the fact that dealing with people on CL kind of creeps me out anyway, I managed to find my way here (and it may not even be in the right category here, but it looked like the most logical option).

The Basics:

Yes, I could command and receive a substantial rate for my photography and photo editing work. However, it's something that I enjoy doing and once I begin accepting payment to do it, then it becomes a job - and I already have one of those. I'm not interested in killing my own joy.

I am offering two different free services: Photography and Editing combined, and Stand-Alone Editing. Also, since it's what I do professionally, if you're interested in video / cinematography work, then that will have to be something discussed separately.

I live in the Houston area, but would also likely be agreeable to travel around the southeast Texas area to shoot, including Galveston, Kemah, etc. Stand-alone Editing (detailed below), however, can be done from anywhere, of course.

I'm not going to lie; I'm not much of a fisherman. I doubt I could even take one off the hook...

Photography Services:

However, I do happen to think photography of women fishing is among the coolest things ever. So, I'd like to offer high-quality photography services for such.

Since I assume a couple or family would likely be involved, I'm obviously more than happy to provide the same photography for the husband, boyfriend, friend, family, etc. because it's all about everyone having fun. Of course, the parties involved can have the photos for their own personal use and enjoyment. All necessary editing (see below) will also be performed to ensure the highest quality possible.

No release forms will be necessary from you, but if I ever decide I want to build a photography portfolio (for whatever reason, but 99.9% unlikely), I guess some of them might go in there. Otherwise, the photos will not be used for anything aside from my own personal portfolio and the fact that I think it's awesome and would like to develop a new-found hobby. Unless the photos are to be used (by you) for profit, I will never ask a fee for such services.

Note: As with all things in this forum, everything is expected to be family friendly. This means nothing weird or crazy from either side - apart from not being much of a fishing enthusiast, I'm an otherwise normal guy. I'm just very much interested in developing a hobby involving photography of women fishing, and instead of someone standing there offering to sell you a crappy Polaroid for five or ten bucks, you would get extremely high quality photographs to enjoy forever.

As you might expect, I have my own top notch photography equipment.

Editing Services:

In lieu of actually going and being there physically, I would also like to offer highly-detailed and intensive editing for any and all preexisting photos of women anglers. If you've actually spoken to me and weren't a jerk for no reason, then I'll probably do your other photos for free, too.

I have attached a few samples below, and I believe my photo editing skills will speak for themselves. All photos must be original and not derived from a third-party.

Disclaimer: None of the three photos below are mine (simply found on the internet), but the editing is all me of course. Just to clarify, the original is on the left and the edited version is on the right. wink

In Closing:

I don't claim to be, nor do I want to be a professional photographer (and my day job is mostly unrelated), but I do know a lot about it, obviously. I just happen to legitimately (and with absolutely no ulterior motive) think photography of women fishing is as cool as can be, and I'd be very interested in developing it as a part-time hobby that's just as much fun for me as the actual fishing is to fishing enthusiasts.

Please feel free to send me a private message to discuss any details. If I don't already have plans (or another booking), I'm sure to be your Huckleberry.

Editing Samples:

Last edited by Fishing Photographer; 07/07/15 01:40 PM. Reason: General D-Baggery
Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10960404 07/07/15 12:35 AM
S
SpiderJig Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
S
What kind of van do you have?

PB- 10lb 5oz Purtis Creek 7-25-15
Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10960484 07/07/15 01:09 AM
F
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F
Yep, if you're a guy and you're into women's sports at all, then you must be a creeper. The 20th century called and they'd like their misogynistic thinking back, since I'm sure the only women's sports that would interest you would carry a criteria of them "being hot." Women's sports, in any form, will never find great and prolonged success as long as people like this make their fans feel as if there's something wrong with liking it.

At most I'm a total nerd for thinking women's fishing is cool, but great job trying to deter me from my interests. If I listened to the intellectually challenged all my life, then I wouldn't have entirely paved my own way in life and I also wouldn't write and direct commercials for global companies - which is my day job, by the way.

If anyone wants to know more about me, all they have to do is ask. It's not like I'm going to ask them to meet me at two in the morning in the darkest corner of the world. Get real.

I clearly went out of my way to make it as innocent, honest and unassuming as it truly is - making every attempt possible to avoid some small-minded d-bag rolling along and saying something along those lines - but look, lo and behold, you showed up anyway.

I'm guessing at least 1000 of those 1400+ posts you have there are similarly snide and non-clever little one-liners.

If I were going to creep on women on the internet, the last place I'd do it would be a fishing forum, man. I also don't imagine having their significant other around would be ideal in such a case, genius. Perhaps you should up your reading and comprehension level and try again.

For anyone else with a brain who knows how to use it and wants some awesome photos, the offer still stands.

Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10960533 07/07/15 01:30 AM
timbertoes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
lol.

Take this advice: never charge "free". who does that ? oh, ok you want to build a portfolio. that is not uncommon.
at some time all of us Guy\Gal with a camera does that.

next:
"women with their catches". I see. So a snapshot. no emotion, no action, just a "women with their catches".

Profile: if you were serious, you would put in a full profile.

"knowing a lot about it" - means nothing. Having the ability to capture a true, remarkable image is something else.
and those pictures don't need much, if any photoshop. you should be able to do it with box camera.

so fill out your profile and post your best image, lets see what you can do.

Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: timbertoes] #10960558 07/07/15 01:42 AM
F
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F

You make a few good points there, Timbertoes.

Free: I don't need to build a photography portfolio because I don't want to be a photographer. For me, this particular idea is about having fun. Just like my day job, if I'm having fun, then I've never truly worked a day in my life. If it's not work, and thus, just a hobby, then I don't charge for it.

Of course there would be action and emotion. The point there wasn't gotten across very well. Time for a rewrite there, I suppose. I definitely wouldn't want to sit around all day waiting for one shot, LOL.

I'm going to work on my profile. Another good point.

I must disagree here, however: If you think you can do editing like that just by double-clicking Photoshop and moving some sliders, then you're absolutely wrong. "Not much, if any Photoshop" (paraphrased) couldn't be further from the truth. That's just insulting to people who know what they're doing. Most people "edit" photos by putting that same crappy green, purple or sepia filter on a photo (sometimes actually with an app on their phone for crying out loud) and changing the contrast and brightness until they truly believe it looks good. That is what we call "editing for people who don't know how to edit." So, by that rationale, catching a huge bass shouldn't take much, if any planning or thought. Just put a worm on the hook and throw it out there into the salt water, right? Wrong. wink

Aside from that, you make some great points!

I guess I could have started with something else besides rolling in unannounced and making this my first post. But I guess I'll have to dig up something to talk about, because... well, to paraphrase myself, I'm not that much of a fisherman. wink

Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10960596 07/07/15 02:03 AM
timbertoes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
well, ypu could go get a a fishing rod and some tackle to start smile

nothing like a few well done "here is what I caught shots". Have seen a few really good ones here and elsewhere.
dogs figure in well.

I will post the only pics I have.

Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10960694 07/07/15 03:03 AM
F
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F

In fact, I just whipped up something "non-women" related. wink

This guy here, who strangely looks like Buff Bagwell - he thinks that's a perfectly fine photo of himself and whatever kind of big fish that is. It probably is, but it's dark, fuzzy, saturated and has lost detail on every level (among other problems)...

Link to Photo (if it's not showing up)

But since he clearly likes my Georgia Bulldogs, I'm going to help him out...

Sure, he lost a little color from his hat, but I guarantee you that's the color his faded hat actually is, as well as being an accurate depiction of overcast reflection. The water, leaves, trees and everything else look exactly as he remembered it being that day. He even looks happier in the second one.

There are probably a couple things I could fine-tune, since it was a rush job, but Buff Bagwell is now a happy man, because I'm sure he can tell a huge difference. His extremely low-resolution photo that was probably taken with a cell phone now looks like it was taken with a $5,000 DSLR instead. On a side note, I'm sure it would have turned out a hundred times better had I been there with my 'weapon' of choice.

So, I welcome further challenges, because I didn't come here to argue with people, cause problems or get flamed. I came here to fix (and shoot) photos in order to make them better than they were. Because I enjoy doing it. And if I think women fishing is something cool, then that's just the way it will have to be - I clearly offered to do the same for you guys (since I always imagined that's who would be contacting me anyway - duh) in order to make it fun and better for everyone and maybe actually make some friends who might interest me in asking them to teach me how to catch a fish that wasn't always too small to keep (my childhood woe). It's not as if I ever said, "I only want photos of women and I want to take them fishing alone." Yes, that would indeed be creepy. And in this day and age, you can never be too careful. Hence my very first sentence about being uncomfortable with Craigslist.

I apologize for being a jerk up there, but my reasons are legitimately as I say they are. Again, I write and direct commercials for a living, so my vast cinematography knowledge crosses over greatly into the photography realm - thus, "I know a lot about it."

If I wanted to hire an unknown starving artist/model and say, "Here, hold this fish and smile," it would be no more difficult than when I said, "Here, sign this release form, and out of the goodness of my heart, we'll go with the SAG (Screen Actors' Guild) rate for an Ultra Low Budget Agreement (productions less than $250,000), paying $125 for a day of shooting (up to 8 hours)," about an hour prior. But that's not what I want to do.

So, if anyone wants to send me their crappiest photos, I'll fix 'em up just like I did Buff Bagwell up there. wink

Note: Don't compare the new one to the old one - that will mess with your head - compare the old one to the new one.

(And that's a good idea about taking photos of dogs; I should be able to make that happen this week.)

Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10960740 07/07/15 03:24 AM
timbertoes Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
no pics or links are showing up

Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10960762 07/07/15 03:31 AM
F
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F

Awwww, really?

Let me fix that, then.

Edit: Should be fixed now, Timbertoes!

Last edited by Fishing Photographer; 07/07/15 03:34 AM.
Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10960843 07/07/15 04:44 AM
F
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F

And since the original three ladies were cropped simply to show detail, allow me to show the difference in what one of the originals and one of the edits really looks like when the original is higher resolution than Buff Bagwell up there:

Original:

Edit:

'Nuff said, I'm sure. The original came from HERE, just so I don't have to defend whether or not I was the editor (but even if I edited some random photo from the internet, I don't put watermarks on them because they still aren't mine - I'm also very well-versed in copyright, trademark and patent laws, for the record).

Yeah, that's right. If anyone here knows her, send her that edited one and tell her I said, "You're welcome."

Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10961239 07/07/15 02:19 PM
N
nethingthatbites Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
N
popcorn

MAGA
Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10961588 07/07/15 04:46 PM
F
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
F

Also, since I'm a WWII buff, I've been doing some edits for SheldonS's awesome Normandy photos. His thread can be found HERE.

Enjoy!

Original:

Edit:

Original:

Edit:

Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10962843 07/08/15 03:19 AM
N
NTX Fisherman Offline
Angler
Angler
N
Originally Posted By: Fishing Photographer

In fact, I just whipped up something "non-women" related. wink

This guy here, who strangely looks like Buff Bagwell - he thinks that's a perfectly fine photo of himself and whatever kind of big fish that is. It probably is, but it's dark, fuzzy, saturated and has lost detail on every level (among other problems)...

But since he clearly likes my Georgia Bulldogs, I'm going to help him out...

Sure, he lost a little color from his hat, but I guarantee you that's the color his faded hat actually is, as well as being an accurate depiction of overcast reflection. The water, leaves, trees and everything else look exactly as he remembered it being that day. He even looks happier in the second one.

There are probably a couple things I could fine-tune, since it was a rush job, but Buff Bagwell is now a happy man, because I'm sure he can tell a huge difference. His extremely low-resolution photo that was probably taken with a cell phone now looks like it was taken with a $5,000 DSLR instead. On a side note, I'm sure it would have turned out a hundred times better had I been there with my 'weapon' of choice.

So, I welcome further challenges, because I didn't come here to argue with people, cause problems or get flamed. I came here to fix (and shoot) photos in order to make them better than they were. Because I enjoy doing it. And if I think women fishing is something cool, then that's just the way it will have to be - I clearly offered to do the same for you guys (since I always imagined that's who would be contacting me anyway - duh) in order to make it fun and better for everyone and maybe actually make some friends who might interest me in asking them to teach me how to catch a fish that wasn't always too small to keep (my childhood woe). It's not as if I ever said, "I only want photos of women and I want to take them fishing alone." Yes, that would indeed be creepy. And in this day and age, you can never be too careful. Hence my very first sentence about being uncomfortable with Craigslist.

I apologize for being a jerk up there, but my reasons are legitimately as I say they are. Again, I write and direct commercials for a living, so my vast cinematography knowledge crosses over greatly into the photography realm - thus, "I know a lot about it."

If I wanted to hire an unknown starving artist/model and say, "Here, hold this fish and smile," it would be no more difficult than when I said, "Here, sign this release form, and out of the goodness of my heart, we'll go with the SAG (Screen Actors' Guild) rate for an Ultra Low Budget Agreement (productions less than $250,000), paying $125 for a day of shooting (up to 8 hours)," about an hour prior. But that's not what I want to do.

So, if anyone wants to send me their crappiest photos, I'll fix 'em up just like I did Buff Bagwell up there. wink

Note: Don't compare the new one to the old one - that will mess with your head - compare the old one to the new one.

(And that's a good idea about taking photos of dogs; I should be able to make that happen this week.)

Great pic. I recognize that guy as Flukemaster on Youtube.

Last edited by 400 Pound Guerrilla; 07/08/15 03:20 AM.
Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10964064 07/08/15 07:06 PM
Bob Smith Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Fishing Photographer, I cannot get the photos or links to work either. Can you use our upload tool and just upload some of the .jpg files?

Porko

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Interested in Doing Photography of Women and Others Fishing (and/or Editing Services) [Re: Fishing Photographer] #10965929 07/09/15 04:32 PM
H
hook-line&sinker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
H
The typical male brain simply cannot process the information you have presented.. You like taking photos of fishing women & I like to look at them smile Most of us married guys know better than to speak publicly about this topic.. you have entered into dangerous territory but more power to ya' brother!

>)));> Wishin' I was Fishin' <;(((<

“Personnel is the most vital and important aspect of any industry.
If you’re just going to grind them up, it’s not going to end well for anybody.”
SCOTT REINARDY

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide