Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bait #10957586 07/05/15 02:10 PM
O
opus Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
O
With all this talk bout what bait is best my feelings are if more people would learn how to find the fish there would be a lot less talk about which bait is best, ya get on the fish they will bite(90% of the time) just about anything ya put in front of um some maybe little better if it stays on a hook. If ya really want a go to bait try some good ol WORMS if they wont bite worms they aint there. It aint the bait its the fisherman GOOD OR BAD. Think about blues everyone knows shad is the go to bait but some catch some don't, why some find the fish.

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957606 07/05/15 02:34 PM
S
steveiam Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: opus
With all this talk bout what bait is best my feelings are if more people would learn how to find the fish there would be a lot less talk about which bait is best, ya get on the fish they will bite(90% of the time) just about anything ya put in front of um some maybe little better if it stays on a hook. If ya really want a go to bait try some good ol WORMS if they wont bite worms they aint there. It aint the bait its the fisherman GOOD OR BAD. Think about blues everyone knows shad is the go to bait but some catch some don't, why some find the fish.

Lots of truth in that Opus--

thumb

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957614 07/05/15 02:41 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C

Yep, There ain't no magic bait.

Snowflakes and entitled brats will be the doom of America!

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957687 07/05/15 03:34 PM
tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
A lot of people now a days get discouraged fishing not having a boat and a couple of thousand dollars tied up in electronics. The main thing is to get out and go fishing!!! My first teachers which were my grandfathers, Pop and Pepaw and of course my Dad, fished pretty simple. Pop and my dad spent a their lives with no electronics! Caught a truckload of channelcat with our homemade stinkbait and 25 ft Calcutta cane poles off the bank, very little rod and reel fishing!! Pop would hit the bank with a five gallon bucket to hold his gallon of bait, tackle his tow sack to hold his fish and to sit on. He would look for wind blown points with a mud line and you could bet if there was a fallen tree in the water or even a stick up the size of a pencil he would have that hook and quill cork next to them!! If nothing bit pretty quick he would move down the bank a bit and try it again!!! He would cover quite a bit of ground in a day sometimes!!! On the other hand, Mom my grandmother might only fish a spot or two and never leave sight of the truck and also catch fish, lots of times the biggest!!! Lol.
My dad did a lot of bank fishing too but would also take the boat, pull up on a point or next to a fallen tree and fish out the back of the boat with those same cane poles!!
Forgive my ramblings but I guess the point is to get out and fish and remember you all the fish aren't two hundred yards from
the shoreline!! Lots of times the feeding fish are pretty much nearly under your feet!!!
Grab the family or a neighbors kid and go get a hook wet!!!!

I live with Fear everyday but sometimes she lets me go fishin
Lewisvillecatfish.com

PB 65#
www.lewisvillecatfish.com
Facebook.com/Tom Gravley
www.youtube.com/gravleybrats
Re: Bait [Re: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish] #10957698 07/05/15 03:42 PM
S
steveiam Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish
A lot of people now a days get discouraged fishing not having a boat and a couple of thousand dollars tied up in electronics. The main thing is to get out and go fishing!!! My first teachers which were my grandfathers, Pop and Pepaw and of course my Dad, fished pretty simple. Pop and my dad spent a their lives with no electronics! Caught a truckload of channelcat with our homemade stinkbait and 25 ft Calcutta cane poles off the bank, very little rod and reel fishing!! Pop would hit the bank with a five gallon bucket to hold his gallon of bait, tackle his tow sack to hold his fish and to sit on. He would look for wind blown points with a mud line and you could bet if there was a fallen tree in the water or even a stick up the size of a pencil he would have that hook and quill cork next to them!! If nothing bit pretty quick he would move down the bank a bit and try it again!!! He would cover quite a bit of ground in a day sometimes!!! On the other hand, Mom my grandmother might only fish a spot or two and never leave sight of the truck and also catch fish, lots of times the biggest!!! Lol.

My dad did a lot of bank fishing too but would also take the boat, pull up on a point or next to a fallen tree and fish out the back of the boat with those same cane poles!!
Forgive my ramblings but I guess the point is to get out and fish and remember you all the fish aren't two hundred yards from
the shoreline!! Lots of times the feeding fish are pretty much nearly under your feet!!!
Grab the family or a neighbors kid and go get a hook wet!!!!

thumb

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957712 07/05/15 03:58 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
The prepared bait wars and all the advertising needs to go off line and to the classifieds.

When you do agree to purchase a bait from anyone on this forum, be sure and get all the details. Price per container AND shipping.

This post is NOT intended to start a bait shipping war!

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957730 07/05/15 04:25 PM
M
Muzzlebrake Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Good old hand dug fat worms out from under a rabbit coop is the best bait I have ever used especially in muddy water. Worms will catch anything in the water even a grass carp or soft shell. I have never been skunked using worms. Matter of fact I have a bucket of worms right now that I need to go feed and water.
My biggest flathead 31 lb on rod and reel was caught on a worm in muddy water 3 feet from the bank.

From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the earth."

Then He made the earth round...and He laughed and laughed and laughed!

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957749 07/05/15 05:08 PM
O
opus Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
O
LOL bet this crowd don't know where worms come from LOL

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957768 07/05/15 05:21 PM
W
whiskerfrisker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Of course we do, opus. They come from the store! Just like bacon is made at the deli of walmart, and steaks don't come from animals, so it's ok for Peta to eat them but not go hunting for food....hahahahaha

Eventually, luck will change. Skills, however, can be honed, added to, and improved.
Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957824 07/05/15 06:01 PM
C
ChuChu1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
C
LOL bet this crowd don't know where worms come from LOL

I do! I used to collect night crawlers in West Virginia for bait and to sale on the Little Kanawha River, sold red worms in Teague, Tx, and still do worm composting here at home.

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957827 07/05/15 06:07 PM
J
J.StoneRepairs Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
My yard is full of worms...and the trusty shocker gets used from time to time.

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957848 07/05/15 06:28 PM
H
HeavyLead Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Good thing about worms is that they'll catch anything. Bad thing about worms is that they'll catch anything. smile

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957884 07/05/15 07:04 PM
B
Blues Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Just got back from the lake. My boy wanted to go "perch jerkin". So I ditched all the abus for zebcos, 12lb line, a pencil cork, and fat night crawlers.

We wore out the channel!!! And had more fun than chasing blues and catching one or two big ones. We will be doing that again soon.

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10957963 07/05/15 08:21 PM
O
opus Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
O
Try it with 8 or 10 ft crappie rods is a blast

Re: Bait [Re: opus] #10958372 07/06/15 12:45 AM
texsam Offline
Angler
Angler
I agree100% that if you are on fish they will bite any good bait . I bought stubby's and like it because of it's texture and odor. but I have caught cat's on everything from OR soup to sock's.
Y ou have to be where the fish are and and are hungry. Or I could be full of [censored].

SAE
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide