facebook
Forum Stats
102734 Members
61 Forums
859346 Topics
11273867 Posts

Max Online: 36273 @ 01/23/13 02:34 PM
Topic Options
#10947985 - 06/29/15 09:53 PM Lake Master or navionics for humminbird?
FrogFishing21 Offline
Green Horn

Looking at chips and want to know more about each one and which would be better for success in offshore fishing and other types of bass fishing.

#10948016 - 06/29/15 10:04 PM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: FrogFishing21]
Bobby Milam Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Arlington
Depends on which lakes you want to fish. One can be more detailed than the other depending on the lake

#10948037 - 06/29/15 10:21 PM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: FrogFishing21]
Alex Finch Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Fate, Texas
I have both the Nav Platinum and the Lakemaster. I think it's going to be a matter of personal preference. The Lakemaster chip shows channels and road beds a little better imo, and the Nav chip is easier for reading contour lines. I use the Lakemaster chip at the console, and put the Platinum in the unit on the bow. I have a Premium edition Nav chip also, but it doesn't get used. The Platinum has more charted territory than the Premiun. I heard or saw something about new mapping software coming out for Texas lakes for Lowrance users. I think it is by Catch 5 Alive. I will be curious to see how it compares, but the early info gives me the impression that it will be an impressive addition to the offshore angler's arsenal.

Online Orders: www.finchnastybaitco.com
E-mail Orders: finchnastybaitco@gmail.com

#10948124 - 06/29/15 11:15 PM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: FrogFishing21]
Epic backlash Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Texas
Navionics Hot Maps south Platinum is what I use and really like it. Not sure how it is on onshore but navionics does have a chip for that. Lake master is good too and the person above is right when stated that is personal preference. It's navionics for me but maybe not for others.

#10948126 - 06/29/15 11:16 PM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: Epic backlash]
Epic backlash Offline
Pro Angler

Loc: Texas
[quote=R6crew]Navionics Hot Maps south Platinum is what I use and really like it. Not sure how it is on onshore but navionics does have a chip for that. Lake master is good too and the person above is right when stated that is personal preference. It's navionics for me but maybe not for others. [/quote

I meant offshore not onshore....... Dang iPhone

#10948508 - 06/30/15 09:05 AM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: FrogFishing21]
Wayne P. Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Charlottesville, Va
Originally Posted By: tim231
Looking at chips and want to know more about each one and which would be better for success in offshore fishing and other types of bass fishing.

If you get the Navionics+ version, you can have offshore, and inland lakes/rivers.

#10948543 - 06/30/15 09:14 AM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: Alex Finch]
Wayne P. Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: Charlottesville, Va
Originally Posted By: Alex Finch
I have both the Nav Platinum and the Lakemaster. I think it's going to be a matter of personal preference. The Lakemaster chip shows channels and road beds a little better imo, and the Nav chip is easier for reading contour lines. I use the Lakemaster chip at the console, and put the Platinum in the unit on the bow. I have a Premium edition Nav chip also, but it doesn't get used. The Platinum has more charted territory than the Premiun. I heard or saw something about new mapping software coming out for Texas lakes for Lowrance users. I think it is by Catch 5 Alive. I will be curious to see how it compares, but the early info gives me the impression that it will be an impressive addition to the offshore angler's arsenal.

"The Platinum has more charted territory than the Premiun."
False, they are the same.

A Hotmaps Platinum South region and a Hotmaps Premium South region have the exact same maps with the exact same details for the Nautical Charts if updated the same day.

If you don't keep your cards updated, then they can be different, BUT the number of states is the still the same.

#10948624 - 06/30/15 09:49 AM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: FrogFishing21]
coachallentca Online   content
TFF Team Angler

Loc: crowley
If you have lakemaster chip with a humminbird it's a awesome working those 2 together.

#10948634 - 06/30/15 09:53 AM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: FrogFishing21]
snickers Online   content
TFF Team Angler

get both

#10949077 - 06/30/15 01:14 PM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: Wayne P.]
Alex Finch Online   content
Extreme Angler

Loc: Fate, Texas
Originally Posted By: Wayne P.
Originally Posted By: Alex Finch

"The Platinum has more charted territory than the Premiun."
False, they are the same.

A Hotmaps Platinum South region and a Hotmaps Premium South region have the exact same maps with the exact same details for the Nautical Charts if updated the same day.

If you don't keep your cards updated, then they can be different, BUT the number of states is the still the same.

The number of states covered and the amount of chart coverage are two different things to me, Wayne. My Premium chip is a year or two older than my Platinum chip, but a huge chunk of Lake Fork does not have contours on the Premium chip. I didn't know that I can update my cards. I'll have to look into that. It would be nice to have full coverage of lakes on the Premium also.

Online Orders: www.finchnastybaitco.com
E-mail Orders: finchnastybaitco@gmail.com

#10953210 - 07/02/15 10:35 AM Re: Lake Master or navionics for humminbird? [Re: FrogFishing21]
Jay Kumar Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: NJ - Bass fishin' central!
My 2c -- Every company that sonar-scans the bottoms of lakes for their maps will be superior to those that don't...and some don't....

Git the awesome daily BassBlaster email!
Also check BassGold.com, a B.A.S.S. partner
(former life: BassFan.com founder)

© 1998-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide